Senator Rand Paul Urges All Freedom-Loving Americans to Resist Mask Mandates, Vaccine Passports, and Lockdowns. "They can't arrest us all."

Over 96% of doctors (or should I say "practicing doctors) in the United States are vaccinated. Do your really want to take medical advice of at best a 4 percenter, and a politician with an agenda, at that? I use real doctors, myself. You sound like a statistic waiting to happen, or are you one to the trumpers, secretly vaccinated for your own good, yet denying for public consumption?
Like Dr. Paul. I had COVID.

Regardless, I have a functioning immune system. I run and lift weights daily, I am not overweight. I have an amazing diet. I have no need for a vaccine against a respiratory virus. I get sick, stay home, and then I quickly get better. Like most people.

There is nothing remarkable about this respiratory virus, other than the timing. There are four other coronaviruses in addition to COVID that most people acquire at some point in their lives. Like COVID, they cause flu-like symptoms. SARS and MERS are two additional coronaviruses. They also cause flu-like symptoms.

Everyone should make their own informed medical decisions, optionally with advice from their doctor. It's a fundamental right to do so.

If you have been vaccinated, you should not give a flying flip whether or not someone else is, unless you are some kind of control freak.

But if you are old, sick, fat, otherwise vulnerable, scared, or feel like it, feel free to get vaxed. You do you, and I'll do me.

Rand. Paul is a "voice of science"? LoL! The eye doctor who hasn't practiced in over a decade and was never board certified knows absolutely NOTHING about immunology and infectious diseases. He is a dangerous misinformer. He is hardly "a voice of integrity".

Please stop lying to yourself and to the rest of us who actually follow SCIENCE.
We'll see more vaccinations as things keep getting worse.

The rest? We can just consider them underbrush in a controlled burn. Their minds are made up, so good luck to 'em.

I don't care any more.

We'll see more vaccinations as things keep getting worse.

The rest? We can just consider them underbrush in a controlled burn. Their minds are made up, so good luck to 'em.

I don't care any more.
I'd not care either were it not for the fact that the petulant lil anti-vax, anti-mask & anti-science bitches are endangering the rest of us. They are Petri dishes for variants that could waltz right past the existing vaccines.

They can’t arrest us all. They can’t keep all your kids home from school.
Uh, yes we can. You wont be arrested for violating mask mandates. You will be arrested for trespassing, disturbing the peace, reckless endangerment, etc. Yes we absolutely can arrest every single one of you. Same thing we do now to people who commit these crimes.

And when your kid doesnt meet the vaccine requirement, either you nutballs will quit your jobs and home school, or you will stand in front of a truancy judge who may refer you to CPS for neglect for not having your kids in school. Same thing we do now, if you refuse to have your kids meet the school vaccine requirements.

Last edited:
I'd not care either were it not for the fact that the petulant lil anti-vax, anti-mask & anti-science bitches are endangering the rest of us. They are Petri dishes for variants that could waltz right past the existing vaccines.
Yeah, agreed. That's the biggest problem here. Between people getting vaccinated and people getting sick (or worse), maybe we can increase our overall immunity. And/or hopefully medical science can stay in front of this.

Never did I think that this would be an issue, never, ever.

Regardless, I have a functioning immune system. I run and lift weights daily, I am not overweight. I have an amazing diet. I have no need for a vaccine against a respiratory virus. I get sick, stay home, and then I quickly get better. Like most people.

There is nothing remarkable about this respiratory virus, other than the timing. There are four other coronaviruses in addition to COVID that most people acquire at some point in their lives. Like COVID, they cause flu-like symptoms. SARS and MERS are two additional coronaviruses. They also cause flu-like symptoms.

Everyone should make their own informed medical decisions, optionally with advice from their doctor. It's a fundamental right to do so.

If you have been vaccinated, you should not give a flying flip whether or not someone else is, unless you are some kind of control freak.

But if you are old, sick, fat, otherwise vulnerable, scared, or feel like it, feel free to get vaxed. You do you, and I'll do me.

How old are you?

Yeah, agreed. That's the biggest problem here. Between people getting vaccinated and people getting sick (or worse), maybe we can increase our overall immunity. And/or hopefully medical science can stay in front of this.

We have Trump to thank for this and SO many other things.
It'll take a generation to coax these people back into the real world. Sad :(

Over 96% of doctors (or should I say "practicing doctors) in the United States are vaccinated. Do your really want to take medical advice of at best a 4 percenter, and a politician with an agenda, at that? I use real doctors, myself. You sound like a statistic waiting to happen, or are you one to the trumpers, secretly vaccinated for your own good, yet denying for public consumption?
Paul did not seem to mention vaccinations he was referring to lock downs and mask mandates

Uh, yes we can. You wont be arrested for violating mask mandates. You will be arrested for trespassing, disturbing the peace, reckless endangerment, etc. Yes we absolutely can arrest every single one of you.

Same! I have read plenty of scifi books about virus pandemics. Never did i imagine one problem would be nutballs refusing the vaccines. Neither did the authors, who literally made their livings dreaming up crazy shit.

I am liking Dr. Paul more and more every day.

He seems to be nearly the sole voice of Science these days, when it comes to masks and vaccines, recognizing that individuals with prior infection who have recovered are protected. A man of integrity.

'They can’t arrest us all': Sen. Rand Paul slams mask mandates and lockdowns and urges resistance, saying: 'choose freedom'​

• The Kentucky senator was the first of his colleagues to get COVID-19 in March
  • He called for people to not accept mandates on masking
  • Called speaker Pelosi 'drunk with power' as the House has reimposed indoor mask mandates in the chamber where many lawmakers remain unvaccinated
  • Come as fellow Sen. Lindsey Graham is in quarantine after contracting COVID-19 despite being vaccinated
'They can’t arrest us all. They can’t keep all your kids home from school. They can’t keep every government building closed – although I’ve got a long list of ones they should,'

'Speaker Nancy Pelosi — you will not arrest or stop me or anyone on my staff from doing our jobs. We have all either had COVID, had the vaccine, or been offered the vaccine. We will make our own health choices. We will not show you a passport, we will not wear a mask, we will not be forced into random screening and testing so you can continue your drunk with power rein over the Capitol,'

'President Biden — we will not accept your agencies’ mandates or your reported moves toward a lockdown. No one should follow the [Centers for Disease Control] CDC’s anti-science mask mandates. And if you want to shutdown federal agencies again — some of which aren’t even back to work fully — I will stop every bill coming through the Senate with an amendment to cut their funding if they don’t come to work,' he said.

----
The Dems and media don't even seem to recognize the protection of prior infection. They divide Americans into the "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" classes, claiming that it is now a "pandemic of the unvaccinated," completely ignoring the estimated 100 million Americans who have natural immunity after recovering from COVID.

Vaccines are created to mimic natural immunity. While many are quite effective, they usually are not quite as protective as being exposed to the real thing, which creates long-lasting T- and B-cells in one's bone marrow, sometimes leading to a lifetime of protection (1).

The CDC's own data shows that prior infection provides protection for >180 days, whereas the vaccines start to wane at 14 weeks. (2)

Moderna stock is up a factor of 21 since December 2019. Congress invests heavily in pharmaceutical stocks (3). They could not care less about you or me. As usual, it's about them - their power and money.

So, if you want it to end, join me in following Dr. Paul's advice, and follow your own free will and Science, not CNN and bureaucrats.

(1) 90 Years Later, 1918 Flu Lives on in Antibodies, Research
(2) https://context-cdn.washingtonpost..../57c98604-3b54-44f0-8b44-b148d8f75165.#page=1
(3) Congress invests big in pharmaceutical, tech stocks
Any illegal can say the same thing. Hypocrisy upon the less fortunate is all right-wingers know.

What you didn't put into the equation, is that you're a walking COVID factory. The virus gets into the upper respiratory tract, and starts reproducing like mad. And you now go around exhaling into everybodies face.

When are people with COVID-19 most contagious?

It seems that infectiousness is highest in the one to two days before symptoms start (coinciding with a high rate of presymptomatic transmission), and that seven days after symptom onset there is very little chance that infections will be transmitted.

The modes of transmission of COVID-19: 47% of cases are transmitted by contact with presymptomatic individuals, 38% from contact with symptomatic individuals, 6% from contact with asymptomatic individuals, and 10% are transmitted through environmental factors (Ferretti, L, Wymant, C, Kendall, M, et al. 2020).

What you didn't put into the equation, is that you're a walking COVID factory. The virus gets into the upper respiratory tract, and starts reproducing like mad. And you now go around exhaling into everybodies face.

When are people with COVID-19 most contagious?

It seems that infectiousness is highest in the one to two days before symptoms start (coinciding with a high rate of presymptomatic transmission), and that seven days after symptom onset there is very little chance that infections will be transmitted.

The modes of transmission of COVID-19: 47% of cases are transmitted by contact with presymptomatic individuals, 38% from contact with symptomatic individuals, 6% from contact with asymptomatic individuals, and 10% are transmitted through environmental factors (Ferretti, L, Wymant, C, Kendall, M, et al. 2020).
These people who've had COVID all seem to believe they have natural immunity for life. Using the flu or cold examples they wrongly equate COVID to, getting a flu or cold once doesn't prevent you from getting another one in same or subsequent years. That's why responsible people get a flu shot every fall. Best guess at present is that natural immunity lasts about as long as these vaccines. Probably around a year.

Paul did not seem to mention vaccinations he was referring to lock downs and mask mandates
He is the guy arguing that anti-vaccine parents are just showing their independence in regard to their children. He also said, "Parents Own their children". This is not new for the preppy lil nerd wannabe. He condemned mandatory vaccination of school children during the measles outbreak in 2015, at the same time saying he admired the science. The old wink and dog whistle bit wanting to have it both ways. He has stated publicly he is refusing the vaccine, after having it himself. I guess he does not admire the science or hospital reports of people that have tested positive, though already having had the disease once. When it comes to catching Covid-19, he's a "Hey Mikey, try it you'll like it" kind of guy.

These people who've had COVID all seem to believe they have natural immunity for life. Using the flu or cold examples they wrongly equate COVID to, getting a flu or cold once doesn't prevent you from getting another one in same or subsequent years. That's why responsible people get a flu shot every fall. Best guess at present is that natural immunity lasts about as long as these vaccines. Probably around a year.

My problem with natural immunity, is that it assumes that everybody who had COVID has the same level of immunity. Where many of the asymptomatic may actually have a strong "T" cell response, but no "B" cell memory, which makes their immunity short lived. While others may have been very symptomatic, and create a long term "B" cell response lasting years, or even a lifetime.

The problem is that no studies have been done to prove it one way or the other.

...This is not new for the preppy lil nerd wannabe. He condemned mandatory vaccination of school children during the measles outbreak in 2015, at the same time saying he admired the science....

Rand Paul is like the very popular (to the kids) babysitter. Because he lets them eat icecream and candy for dinner, stay up late, and not do their homework.

Forum List

Back