Senator Joni Ernst (R)- "the gift that keeps on giving" :D

You poor slobbering lefties. This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

Joni Ernst Yes I am a combat veteran - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO
Legally, the Iowa Republican is correct. In January 1991, President George H.W. Bush declared the entire Arabian peninsula a combat zone, thereby making all soldiers who have served in the region, including on bases in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, technically considered “combat veterans.” The order remains in effect.
Wo wee! I'm a combat vet! Who knew?

While it might be technically so it would be completely and utterly disgusting for me to pass myself off as one. Combat vets are exactly that combat vets.

What about Sen. Mike Blumenthal (D-CT)

You poor slobbering lefties. This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

Legally, the Iowa Republican is correct. In January 1991, President George H.W. Bush declared the entire Arabian peninsula a combat zone, thereby making all soldiers who have served in the region, including on bases in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, technically considered “combat veterans.” The order remains in effect.

While it might be technically so it would be completely and utterly disgusting for me to pass myself off as one. Combat vets are exactly that combat vets.

I love that guy. Always wears the little bicycle pin to hearings. What about him?

200 fellow soldiers criticized his service, the only one that stuck by Kerry's side. Ended up being a pedophile. Great example!

Not hard to find conservatives willing to lie

They don't give Silver Stars out like candy
Only to whiney bitches like Kerry, he came home and lied about our great troops. Probably got a lot of them killed. He also said about our great troops in iraq. About them burning villages and raping women and children. This is presidential material for a liberal. You should be ashamed.

Actually, Kerry's heroism saved lives and earned two Silver Stars

Joni Ernst saw as much combat as Brian Williams
Kerry ran from danger, putting his men in danger. He is a traitor. Over 200 fellow soldiers say so.

You said: Kerry ran from danger, putting his men in danger. He is a traitor. Over 200 fellow soldiers say so.

You know that's a lie. First, he was on a boat so he couldn't run far. Second, the people under him were both Democrats and Republicans and all who served on his boat said he was outstanding.

Takes real scum to lie about someone who walked the walk. You are one dirty piece of work. A new low for the USMB. No surprise it's a right winger.
The voices in your head are telling you lies. He spent 4 months in Vietnam, got 3 purple hearts and a bronze star. All flesh wounds that were fixed with a band aid. He is a disgrace to the veterans that really earned theirs. You do know his picture hangs in a place of honor in the vietnamese communist war remnants museum in ho chi Minh city? This is who you support.

I love that guy. Always wears the little bicycle pin to hearings. What about him?

He lied about being a Vietnam Veteran. But that's different, right?

"We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html?pagewanted=all

He lied about being a Vietnam Veteran. But that's different, right?

"We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008. “And you exemplify it. Whatever we think about the war, whatever we call it — Afghanistan or Iraq — we owe our military men and women unconditional support.”

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/nyregion/18blumenthal.html?pagewanted=all
Sorry, Rep. Blumenauer. Different guy. Too bad he is not running for Senate. I'm out of politics until after the world burns anyway.

HuffPost/Democrat War on (Combat Veteran) Women

Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) of course! She''s a rising star and the Left has a mandate to attack her. Here's part of the trash report on the blog:

And it's technically true. She was company commander of the Iowa National Guard's 1168th Transportation Company during its tour of active duty in Kuwait and southern Iraq, from February 2003 to April 2004. But the unit was never in a firefight, or for that matter attacked at all; it delivered supplies, and later, guarded the front gate and ran perimeter patrol at their home base outside Kuwait City, Camp Arifjan.

All this does is show the complete and total ignorance of the Democrat publicity organ. For every front line combat soldier, it takes for or more in a support role. It's a reality of war. And, they are subject to being shot at, bombed, and IED'd just like everyone else in a combat zone. Just how many “support troops” have been killed in wars? I'd be willing to bet a whole lot.

In any case, just another example of the Left's blind ignorance.

Read more @ The Honor of Senator Joni Ernst Andrew Reinbach

HuffPost/Democrat War on (Combat Veteran) Women

Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) of course! She''s a rising star and the Left has a mandate to attack her. Here's part of the trash report on the blog:

And it's technically true. She was company commander of the Iowa National Guard's 1168th Transportation Company during its tour of active duty in Kuwait and southern Iraq, from February 2003 to April 2004. But the unit was never in a firefight, or for that matter attacked at all; it delivered supplies, and later, guarded the front gate and ran perimeter patrol at their home base outside Kuwait City, Camp Arifjan.

All this does is show the complete and total ignorance of the Democrat publicity organ. For every front line combat soldier, it takes for or more in a support role. It's a reality of war. And, they are subject to being shot at, bombed, and IED'd just like everyone else in a combat zone. Just how many “support troops” have been killed in wars? I'd be willing to bet a whole lot.

In any case, just another example of the Left's blind ignorance.

Read more @ The Honor of Senator Joni Ernst Andrew Reinbach

And their hatred of women

If she went to Iraq while the war was going on, she is a combat veteran. What is so hard to the logic? She went to Iraq, willing to sacrifice her life for all the worthless ass liberals on here trying to justify the vile of their liar in chief. Liberals are scum of the earth, and this proves once again their hatred for our great troops.

For your information - Kerry wrote his own citations for the award!

Nobody attested to the truth of the allegations made within them.

They were rubber-stamped by his commander who clearly knew Kerry's political clout and approved by some clerk at higher headquarters.

Having been there and done that, I can tell you exactly what happened: The recommendation for the award was received and some clerk, probably a Sp4, saw who it came from and wrote a transmittal memo. It was signed by the officer in the Awards & Decorations officer of the G1 and the Chief of Staff signed off, having a general officer approve it. All without one bit of supporting information!

Officers in Vietnam routinely received Bronze Stars, Legions of Merit, and Distinguished Service Medals like candy handed out to the local children.

They were rubber-stamped by his commander who clearly knew Kerry's political clout and approved by some clerk at higher headquarters.

Having been there and done that, I can tell you exactly what happened: The recommendation for the award was received and some clerk, probably a Sp4, saw who it came from and wrote a transmittal memo. It was signed by the officer in the Awards & Decorations officer of the G1 and the Chief of Staff signed off, having a general officer approve it. All without one bit of supporting information!

Officers in Vietnam routinely received Bronze Stars, Legions of Merit, and Distinguished Service Medals like candy handed out to the local children.

He did get shot in the ass by a grain of rice and he did admit to war crimes

Oh really?

I never knew Silver Stars were that easy. Just write yourself up and enclose two boxtops and you get your Silver Star

How many were given out in Vietnam? 1 million? 2 million

She was in a combat area so the definition isn't yours to make for everyone else, that's the point. She is being accused of not being a combat vet so that's wrong by definition, regardless of one's personal views.

Oh really?

I never knew Silver Stars were that easy. Just write yourself up and enclose two boxtops and you get your Silver Star

I think Kerry has the record, 3 purple hearts and a silver star in four months. A lot of people were in the hospital for months and got a purple heart. Kerry is a traitor and a fraud.

She was in a combat area so the definition isn't yours to make for everyone else, that's the point. She is being accused of not being a combat vet so that's wrong by definition, regardless of one's personal views.
If she went to a war zone, even if she didn't fight. She still had the courage to go, she is a combat veteran.

You said: This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

First, it's "America". Second, seems we are doing pretty good cleaning up GOP mess after the disaster that was Bush and a GOP congress. Facts that can't be denied. Except by the loons.
Golly, a typo, Brainchild is gonna jump all over that one to prove his worth. And what do you mean by "we"? You're a loser on the internet, you aren't cleaning up jack shit. And neither are the Democrats, their failed policies are keeping us on life support. 18+ trillion in debt isn't how a normal person defines "cleaning up" anyway.

If she went to a war zone, even if she didn't fight. She still had the courage to go, she is a combat veteran.
It's all a deflection anyway. Anything to avoid looking at the results of liberal taxing, spending and intrusion into the marketplace.

It's all a deflection anyway. Anything to avoid looking at the results of liberal taxing, spending and intrusion into the marketplace.
They are also on damage patrol, gotta protect their liar in chief and the lying hildabeast.

Oh really?

I think Kerry has the record, 3 purple hearts and a silver star in four months. A lot of people were in the hospital for months and got a purple heart. Kerry is a traitor and a fraud.

Kerry is an American Hero

Oh really?

Kerry is an American Hero
Only in looney leftist minds. He is a hero in Vietnam. Like I said he got there got three self inflicted wounds, which all the first aid needed was a couple of band aids, and got the hell out. I got worse wounds as a kid participating in bottle rocket wars.

Oh really?

I was a Personnel Staff NCO of a Support Brigade in Vietnam and was responsible for reviewing All awards and decorations applications for three battalions so I have first-hand experience with this.

And yes it WAS that easy! I am willing to bet it was the same for Iraq and Afghanistan. It's just the way the military works.

Next time you see some big general or admiral on TV or in the news, check out the Fruit Salad and you'll see for yourself.

Look at the top rows of this famous 4-star and tell me what you see -->

images

Forum List

Back