Senator Joni Ernst (R)- "the gift that keeps on giving" :D

I don't vote for people w/ (D) or (R) behind their names but you already knew that didn't you asswipe? Papageorgio

Then why do you defend the Dem's?
I don't defend them but they seem less worse than the Repubs. The Repubs have had the same 2-3 items on their platform for the past 40+ years- deregulate the polluters, & tax-cuts for the wealthy. They are anti-gubmint and they prove it every time they are elected. :thup:

And Dem's have had 60 years of the same ole same ole but less government is not anti-government.
At least the Repubs are trying to tackle the huge debt, I don't see the Dems even coming up with anything other than more and larger government and more debt.
I do think that both parties are to blame for some of their polices and that special interests control them both.

I'm responsible for controlling the debt in my family. I'll give you a hint. My experience is that "controlling debt" does not involve reducing revenue. This is a concept that is apparently beyond Jindal and Brownback, who seem to think that less taxes=balanced budget.....

So in your experience is when you are in debt, you spend more money?

I know that this concept is foreign to the Right, so I will explain it to you. I increase my revenue.

Then why do you defend the Dem's?
I don't defend them but they seem less worse than the Repubs. The Repubs have had the same 2-3 items on their platform for the past 40+ years- deregulate the polluters, & tax-cuts for the wealthy. They are anti-gubmint and they prove it every time they are elected. :thup:

And Dem's have had 60 years of the same ole same ole but less government is not anti-government.
At least the Repubs are trying to tackle the huge debt, I don't see the Dems even coming up with anything other than more and larger government and more debt.
I do think that both parties are to blame for some of their polices and that special interests control them both.

I'm responsible for controlling the debt in my family. I'll give you a hint. My experience is that "controlling debt" does not involve reducing revenue. This is a concept that is apparently beyond Jindal and Brownback, who seem to think that less taxes=balanced budget.....

I know that this concept is foreign to the Right, so I will explain it to you. I increase my revenue.

So you don't spend more money to get yourself out of debt. I have never advocated not raising revenue, but I would also lower the spending.

I realize you aren't smart enough to do both.

If Ernst was serving in a combat zone, she would have gotten combat pay.

And...........serving in a war zone means that you are a combat vet, even if you didn't see any heavy fire.

Matter of fact, there were people on my ship, who if they knew we were going to a combat zone would wait until we arrived in it to re-enlist. Why? Simple..........pay, whether it is regular pay or a reenlistment bonus is tax free, and some people (like Radiomen) who normally received a pretty decent reenlistment bonus would always try to reenlist in combat zones because it was worth several thousand dollars to them if they did so.

She served in a combat zone, she drew combat pay, and therefore she is a combat veteran.

And yeah............most people here consider me a liberal, but on this instance, I will stand up for Ms. Ernst.

So you don't spend more money to get yourself out of debt. I have never advocated not raising revenue, but I would also lower the spending.

The Tea Party is on the Right. The tea Party absolutely refuse to increase taxes on anybody. The Tea Party darlings are Brownbeck and Jindal. Brownbeck and Jindal have almost bankrupted 2 states.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

The Tea Party is on the Right. The tea Party absolutely refuse to increase taxes on anybody. The Tea Party darlings are Brownbeck and Jindal. Brownbeck and Jindal have almost bankrupted 2 states.

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

Then why is California almost bankrupt, it looks like neither side has any real answers.

The answer is to raise taxes and cut spending. I have never heard any tea party celebrity ever admit that.

I believe huge spending cuts are in order, I think the taxes need raised to get out of our problem, then cut the taxes after the balance is achieved

All I hear from Democrats is spend our way out, raise taxes, never hear the cutting in spending side. Just more programs. Print more money, really stupid.

Republicans have the TeaParty, Democrats as a whole just want to spend, spend, spend and print, print, print.

Noticed you skipped the whole California fiasco, how about Detroit? Is that a better answer?

The answer is to raise taxes and cut spending. I have never heard any tea party celebrity ever admit that.

I believe huge spending cuts are in order, I think the taxes need raised to get out of our problem, then cut the taxes after the balance is achieved

All I hear from Democrats is spend our way out, raise taxes, never hear the cutting in spending side. Just more programs. Print more money, really stupid.

Republicans have the TeaParty, Democrats as a whole just want to spend, spend, spend and print, print, print.

Noticed you skipped the whole California fiasco, how about Detroit? Is that a better answer?

California has been mismanaged for decades, by both parties. Detroit's problems have nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with the global economy. But, I will add this. My business for 50 years was group health insurance, which employers are required by insurers to pay at least 50% of the employee insurance cost, to prevent adverse selection. Republicans love this system, and somehow can not figure out why there is a train full of Ford automobiles passing by my home in the Santa Clara River Valley every other night, totally dedicated to shipping assembled cars from Mexico, where there is no such ridicules health insurance system, and no employer contributions toward employee health insurance.

As for the "Democrat, Tax and spend " bumper sticker slogans from the republicans, you might want to take a good look at the Eisenhower administration, which actually had a 90% marginal tax rate (JFK REDUCED taxes), and the Reagan administration, which actual brought down the Soviet Union simply by outspending them on defense contract weapons, every bit of which is already obsolete..

California has been mismanaged for decades, by both parties. Detroit's problems have nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with the global economy. But, I will add this. My business for 50 years was group health insurance, which employers are required by insurers to pay at least 50% of the employee insurance cost, to prevent adverse selection. Republicans love this system, and somehow can not figure out why there is a train full of Ford automobiles passing by my home in the Santa Clara River Valley every other night, totally dedicated to shipping assembled cars from Mexico, where there is no such ridicules health insurance system, and no employer contributions toward employee health insurance.

As for the "Democrat, Tax and spend " bumper sticker slogans from the republicans, you might want to take a good look at the Eisenhower administration, which actually had a 90% marginal tax rate (JFK REDUCED taxes), and the Reagan administration, which actual brought down the Soviet Union simply by outspending them on defense contract weapons, every bit of which is already obsolete..

California has been liberal policy after liberal policy, please don't insult us all with the both party BS. Arnold was not a conservative and barely a Republican, the legislatures were for the most part moderate to liberal Republicans and the Democrats were all very liberal.

JFK was a fiscal conservative.

California has been liberal policy after liberal policy, please don't insult us all with the both party BS. Arnold was not a conservative and barely a Republican, the legislatures were for the most part moderate to liberal Republicans and the Democrats were all very liberal.

So, I guess that orange Count

OH! So JFK would have been a tea partier, too, if only he had had Sarah Palin as a running mate?

You might want to walk that back a little....

JFK was smarter than McCain (who I call McStupid)

He would have never asked the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil to run with him.

Joni Ernst Stands By Her Combat Veteran Remarks Without Facing Combat Crooks and Liars
(snip)
Real combat veterans I spoke to don't think much of how the Senator talks up her combat duty. Larry Hanft, for instance, who earned the Combat Infantryman's Badge fighting in Vietnam, says, "By her definition, everybody who stepped off the plan in Kuwait is a combat veteran. Joni Ernst is using her military experience to gain a political edge and pull the wool over the eyes of the American people. She's a fraud..." Mr. Hanft is one of Sen. Ernst's constituents.

Overtaking Hillary & Brian Williams? :rofl:

Have you lost your last marble? Do you really believe that responsible gun owners should be punished due to the actions of a handful of nutcases? What planet are you from?

Forum List

Back