Senator Joni Ernst (R)- "the gift that keeps on giving" :D

You poor slobbering lefties. This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

Joni Ernst Yes I am a combat veteran - Adam B. Lerner - POLITICO
Legally, the Iowa Republican is correct. In January 1991, President George H.W. Bush declared the entire Arabian peninsula a combat zone, thereby making all soldiers who have served in the region, including on bases in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, technically considered “combat veterans.” The order remains in effect.

I am gonna tuck this one away for future reference.

Legally..... yadayadayada....

This is rich.

Your name really is quite appropriate, you know.
Iceweasel is so transparent in his eXtreme partisanship lol. Him and others make no effort to hide their one-sided *cough* "views".

as to the OP, Jodi is a tough cookie by her own admission. Combat? IDK.
Did you read the link? You aren't partisan? You guys are hypocritical and don't give a flying fuck about facts or truth.
Louder, scream LOUDER!
How many useless comments are you going to make?
Well, how many times are you going to post, l'il Slugger?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Look at the top rows of this famous 4-star and tell me what you see -->

images
What do they mean? I'm curious. I had a puking overboard metal.

Good ole Joni is RW/tee potty so its okay for her to lie about her military experience.

Just watch the nutters line up to defend her.

What lie?
By law she is defined as a combat veteran.
I bet you will have no trouble though voting for the lying Hillary Clinton, just like you probably voted for our liar in chief.
Ahh, because Bush 41 declared the ENTIRE Gulf to be a combat zone and no one ever rescinded the declaration. So, you can be the cook on an aircraft carrier parked at the bottom of the Gulf and have never seen one single day of combat in your life but technically, you are a combat veteran. How convenient. Sounds like the kind of fudging that turns on great patriotic conservatives like Rush Limbaugh. Oh, wait, he never served....

You poor slobbering lefties. This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

Legally, the Iowa Republican is correct. In January 1991, President George H.W. Bush declared the entire Arabian peninsula a combat zone, thereby making all soldiers who have served in the region, including on bases in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, technically considered “combat veterans.” The order remains in effect.
"technically"..............................oooooooooooooooookay.
Yes, facts matter in the real world. Sorry.
"technically".....:D
As in "technically", when compared to amoebe, Conservatives are smart. And patriotic.

200 fellow soldiers criticized his service, the only one that stuck by Kerry's side. Ended up being a pedophile. Great example!

Not hard to find conservatives willing to lie

They don't give Silver Stars out like candy
Only to whiney bitches like Kerry, he came home and lied about our great troops. Probably got a lot of them killed. He also said about our great troops in iraq. About them burning villages and raping women and children. This is presidential material for a liberal. You should be ashamed.

Actually, Kerry's heroism saved lives and earned two Silver Stars

Joni Ernst saw as much combat as Brian Williams
Kerry ran from danger, putting his men in danger. He is a traitor. Over 200 fellow soldiers say so.

You said: Kerry ran from danger, putting his men in danger. He is a traitor. Over 200 fellow soldiers say so.

You know that's a lie. First, he was on a boat so he couldn't run far. Second, the people under him were both Democrats and Republicans and all who served on his boat said he was outstanding.

Takes real scum to lie about someone who walked the walk. You are one dirty piece of work. A new low for the USMB. No surprise it's a right winger.
Nope, no surprise at all.

Wo wee! I'm a combat vet! Who knew?

While it might be technically so it would be completely and utterly disgusting for me to pass myself off as one. Combat vets are exactly that combat vets.

What about Sen. Mike Blumenthal (D-CT)
I raked him over the coals when it came out in 2011, but is relativism all you have?

Iceweasel

What a hypocrite you are.
Not half as much as idiot libtards, idiot libtard.
Don't talk that whey about libertarians...

If she went to Iraq while the war was going on, she is a combat veteran. What is so hard to the logic? She went to Iraq, willing to sacrifice her life for all the worthless ass liberals on here trying to justify the vile of their liar in chief. Liberals are scum of the earth, and this proves once again their hatred for our great troops.
You seem angry. What do you have to hide?

You said: This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

First, it's "America". Second, seems we are doing pretty good cleaning up GOP mess after the disaster that was Bush and a GOP congress. Facts that can't be denied. Except by the loons.
Golly, a typo, Brainchild is gonna jump all over that one to prove his worth. And what do you mean by "we"? You're a loser on the internet, you aren't cleaning up jack shit. And neither are the Democrats, their failed policies are keeping us on life support. 18+ trillion in debt isn't how a normal person defines "cleaning up" anyway.
:dig: weaselino, :dig:

If she went to Iraq while the war was going on, she is a combat veteran. What is so hard to the logic? She went to Iraq, willing to sacrifice her life for all the worthless ass liberals on here trying to justify the vile of their liar in chief. Liberals are scum of the earth, and this proves once again their hatred for our great troops.
You seem angry. What do you have to hide?

Not angry, kinda amused of the stupidity of the left. Keep digging you might find something, but it still won't make your liar in chief look any better. I heard a rumor that Obama might put boots on the ground. It's gonna suck having to support a war for once?

For your information - Kerry wrote his own citations for the award!

Nobody attested to the truth of the allegations made within them.

They were rubber-stamped by his commander who clearly knew Kerry's political clout and approved by some clerk at higher headquarters.

Having been there and done that, I can tell you exactly what happened: The recommendation for the award was received and some clerk, probably a Sp4, saw who it came from and wrote a transmittal memo. It was signed by the officer in the Awards & Decorations officer of the G1 and the Chief of Staff signed off, having a general officer approve it. All without one bit of supporting information!

Officers in Vietnam routinely received Bronze Stars, Legions of Merit, and Distinguished Service Medals like candy handed out to the local children.

Oh really?

I never knew Silver Stars were that easy. Just write yourself up and enclose two boxtops and you get your Silver Star

How many were given out in Vietnam? 1 million? 2 million
yup

Joni Ernst Stands By Her Combat Veteran Remarks Without Facing Combat Crooks and Liars
(snip)
Real combat veterans I spoke to don't think much of how the Senator talks up her combat duty. Larry Hanft, for instance, who earned the Combat Infantryman's Badge fighting in Vietnam, says, "By her definition, everybody who stepped off the plan in Kuwait is a combat veteran. Joni Ernst is using her military experience to gain a political edge and pull the wool over the eyes of the American people. She's a fraud..." Mr. Hanft is one of Sen. Ernst's constituents.

Overtaking Hillary & Brian Williams? :rofl:

How about your Senator Blumenthal who lied about serving in Vietnam?
Good deflection post Frank1400PennAve. :thup: BTW- you serve? When, where?

You said: This is all you have for American, trying to worm your way into people's asses instead of fixing anything.

First, it's "America". Second, seems we are doing pretty good cleaning up GOP mess after the disaster that was Bush and a GOP congress. Facts that can't be denied. Except by the loons.
Golly, a typo, Brainchild is gonna jump all over that one to prove his worth. And what do you mean by "we"? You're a loser on the internet, you aren't cleaning up jack shit. And neither are the Democrats, their failed policies are keeping us on life support. 18+ trillion in debt isn't how a normal person defines "cleaning up" anyway.
Just amazing the batshittery of so many unstable RWNJs who impugne one person who really did serve on the battlefield and who really IS a combat veteran, namely, John Kerry, to a person who never even saw one single day of combat, Jodi Ernst, but somehow she is supposed to be this heroic combat veteran. Lol.... only in RWNJ Unicornland is this kind of mentally ill disconnect even possible. ..

They were rubber-stamped by his commander who clearly knew Kerry's political clout and approved by some clerk at higher headquarters.

Having been there and done that, I can tell you exactly what happened: The recommendation for the award was received and some clerk, probably a Sp4, saw who it came from and wrote a transmittal memo. It was signed by the officer in the Awards & Decorations officer of the G1 and the Chief of Staff signed off, having a general officer approve it. All without one bit of supporting information!

Officers in Vietnam routinely received Bronze Stars, Legions of Merit, and Distinguished Service Medals like candy handed out to the local children.

Oh really?

I never knew Silver Stars were that easy. Just write yourself up and enclose two boxtops and you get your Silver Star

I think Kerry has the record, 3 purple hearts and a silver star in four months. A lot of people were in the hospital for months and got a purple heart. Kerry is a traitor and a fraud.

Kerry is an American Hero
Yepp.

Oh really?

I think Kerry has the record, 3 purple hearts and a silver star in four months. A lot of people were in the hospital for months and got a purple heart. Kerry is a traitor and a fraud.

Only in looney leftist minds. He is a hero in Vietnam. Like I said he got there got three self inflicted wounds, which all the first aid needed was a couple of band aids, and got the hell out. I got worse wounds as a kid participating in bottle rocket wars.
You were there next to Kerry, you saw it happen?

Last edited:

Oh really?

Only in looney leftist minds. He is a hero in Vietnam. Like I said he got there got three self inflicted wounds, which all the first aid needed was a couple of band aids, and got the hell out. I got worse wounds as a kid participating in bottle rocket wars.
You were there next to Kerry, you saw it happen.

Nope, but the guys that wrote about it did.

Good ole Joni is RW/tee potty so its okay for her to lie about her military experience.

Just watch the nutters line up to defend her.

What lie?
By law she is defined as a combat veteran.
I bet you will have no trouble though voting for the lying Hillary Clinton, just like you probably voted for our liar in chief.
Ahh, because Bush 41 declared the ENTIRE Gulf to be a combat zone and no one ever rescinded the declaration. So, you can be the cook on an aircraft carrier parked at the bottom of the Gulf and have never seen one single day of combat in your life but technically, you are a combat veteran. How convenient. Sounds like the kind of fudging that turns on great patriotic conservatives like Rush Limbaugh. Oh, wait, he never served....

Yes
Anyone who has served in a theater of combat operations since 1991 is a combat veteran and that would indeed include the cook on an aircraft carrier.
Any one who served overseas in Viet Nam is a combat veteran, same for WWII Vets.
She did not lie.
It's a whole different matter when you are IN COMBAT, those who receive more pay or receive awards while in combat.
Now it would have been a lie if she had said she received a combat action badge which she never did.
The person who wrote about this in the Huffington Post article last Friday, should have done some homework first.

Forum List

Back