Senator Braun (R-IN) to Introduce "No Budget, No Pay" Bill

I want a balanced budget.

No fucking Dims seem to ever want one.

And forget that nonsense about wanting Trump back for more fiscal irresponsibility. If we wanted that, we’d vote for the Potato.

The real Dim fear (other than being out of power) is that this time Trump is much more likely to show the virtues of conservatism and thereby undermine the Dim machine for a long time.
I doubt anybody among the Dems, or even among the thinking elected republicans left (not of the Trump cult) have any fears or even more than chuckling consideration of the possibility, Trump could turn a new leaf and demonstrate in the virtues of conservatism. It is simply not the nature of that populist dick-head, and it should be noted, populism and conservatism are not compatible concepts, being somewhat mutually exclusive. An example of populism over conservatism being his new-found views on abortion, a perfect example of political populism, but not in keeping with conservatism. The man will say or do anything to advance himself over whatever conservative values, committed conservatives, GOP committed, or our worldwide allies would recognize as the conservative stance.

I doubt anybody among the Dems, or even among the thinking elected republicans left (not of the Trump cult) have any fears or even more than chuckling consideration of the possibility, Trump could turn a new leaf and demonstrate in the virtues of conservatism. It is simply not the nature of that populist dick-head, and it should be noted, populism and conservatism are not compatible concepts, being somewhat mutually exclusive. An example of populism over conservatism being his new-found views on abortion, a perfect example of political populism, but not in keeping with conservatism. The man will say or do anything to advance himself over whatever conservative values, committed conservatives, GOP committed, or our worldwide allies would recognize as the conservative stance.
We all know that Potato won’t even consider it. Nor would any of the Dims on their weak ass bench.

The answer isn’t going to come from one election. It will require lots of groundwork at the local and state levels and eventually at the Federal level. None of that is even considered tolerable by the Dims.

Compared to ANY Dim candidate, I will happily vote for Trump (or DeSantis or Youngkin should he enter the fray).

You might be right on that. But republicans certainly dont vote for people that want that.
I agree. But it’s probably not based on actual consideration of the damaging implications of debt and deficits — things which many (if not most) voters consider to be the minutia of government.

To be fair, it is actually a multi-faceted topic. I don’t expect most voters to necessarily be well versed in issues of economics and the like. (Here at a political message board, many of us tend to be a bit more conversant with the issues).

But we ought to be able to depend on our elected officials to do the job and sweat the details. They don’t. Therefore we need to start demanding it of them. Very specifically.

Last edited:
We all know that Potato won’t even consider it. Nor would any of the Dims on their weak ass bench.

The answer isn’t going to come from one election. It will require lots of groundwork at the local and state levels and eventually at the Federal level. None of that is even considered tolerable by the Dims.

Compared to ANY Dim candidate, I will happily vote for Trump (or DeSantis or Youngkin should he enter the fray).
Neither will the Democratic controlled Senate. It will never make it to Joe's desk for consideration, just like one never made it to Donny's desk. In the political climate of the past 6 years, somebody would have to be totally stupid, politically naive, or a hack partisan to think it ever would. I expect they will have to work together to reach a compromise on spending. Luckily, I won't have to really give a shit for long time. Hopefully you are in a position to be able to say the same.

That should be part of a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, Right after the Amendment for Term Limits........ain't happening.

I liked it while Clinton was in Office, but it got chucked immediately when Son-Ova-Bush came in.
I believe you, speaking for you on this. I am simply point out, you never hear Republicans in general wanting one, when Republicans are in the White House.
and you never hear democrats advocating for one EVER.

Big surprise there. Republicans always want a balance budget when Democrats are in the White House, just not when Republicans are in the White House.
I do agree that nobody in the House or Senate or White House should be paid until a budget is passed and signed.
The only time anyone even talks about a balanced budget is Republicans when they control Congress and a democrat is in the White House. democrats never talk about it, even get mad if you suggest we try for one.

and you never hear democrats advocating for one EVER.
So what? Everybody has known they were the "tax and spend kings" for years and years, I think as far back as I can remember. You guys are the "Tax Cut and Spend people", but spend like hell, you do. I always thought, you guys figured you could spend like hell as long as you gave big tax breaks to your big money donor class and corporations, so they would not mind the spending like drunken sailors.

My point of you guys never, ever, in 200 years bringing up a balanced budget requirement when Republicans are in the office, stands. Neither one of you two parties (Republican or Democrat) are worth a shit, and certainly nothing fiscally conservative about you guys or the Dem. You guys are just fair weather lip-service conservatives, and then only when it suits your immediate purpose.

I can talk. I always pay my taxes, on time, in full, not even requesting an extension and with a long history of writing big checks far more often than getting a refund, and with little representation compared to you two power party assholes. Paying on-time and in full is more than can be said for high muckity-mucks or your two parties, and I don't even bitch about it as it is the cost of doing business, and has been since I was in my 20s. I may have to regularly pick between the lessor of the two evils and points in time, but it's you lousy Republicans and Democrats that fkd up the National Debt, and the tax structure in this company.

no need in me really reading past that.
I made my point, anyway. You Republican f#ks only bring in up, when a Dem is in office (like I said), not that you give a sht, but just as part of your partisan gameplay bullsh#t. NOT CONSERVATIVE, AT ALL.

I made my point, anyway. You Republican f#ks only bring in up, when a Dem is in office (like I said), not that you give a sht, but just as part of your partisan gameplay bullsh#t. NOT CONSERVATIVE, AT ALL.
and you demfuks NEVER EVER want to balance the budget. so I made my point as well.

If the corrupt govt of this shithole shuts down, I won't notice it for several years.

And that's by design.

texit.jpg

and you demfuks NEVER EVER want to balance the budget. so I made my point as well.
Don't try to tar me. I'm no Democrat. Independent all the way, owing no allegiance to either of the duopoly of main US Political parties, so suck on it, trump chump.:9:

Big surprise there. Republicans always want a balance budget when Democrats are in the White House, just not when Republicans are in the White House.
I do agree that nobody in the House or Senate or White House should be paid until a budget is passed and signed.

Fuck too. Show us who demands a balanced budget.

Don't try to tar me. I'm no Democrat. Independent all the way, owing no allegiance to either of the duopoly of main US Political parties, so suck on it, trump chump.:9:

Yeah we've heard it before, leftist. Own it.

Fuck too. Show us who demands a balanced budget.
What, dofus? Political hacks should be applauded for suggesting it, only when the other party is in the white house. My thoughts go to Sho'Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem:

What, dofus? Political hacks should be applauded for suggesting it, only when the other party is in the white house. My thoughts go to Sho'Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem:

I see, so you were making like a leftist, saying things that aren't true for appearances.

I see, so you were making like a leftist, saying things that aren't true for appearances.
No. A lot of dipshit Trumpist on here just interpret as leftist, anything that does not support trump, support doing away with the mechanisms of our government, doesn't support giving Ukraine to Putin, doesn't support blowing off election results, the January 6th capital attack asshole, etc. I'm actually a fairly no nonsense conservative guy, raised by conservative parents, grandparents, in church every Sunday, every Wednesday, maybe more in grass mowing season, as donating time and to the church was expected as a family thing, going back generations. I've lived my life conservatively, with one wife, married 49 years, come January, raising 3 kids from two planned pregnancies, to good relatively educated adults, out on their own and doing well, never moving home because they couldn't cut it or just because they didn't like the opportunities they prepared themselves for. They were raised conservatively, also. They are also patriotic, one following my lead and tradition of family serving their country, doing a tour over in the desert with the 82nd Airborne before coming home, to go back to school, becoming an ER nurse, because he likes the action. We don't bother anybody, and will not tolerate anybody bothering us. I 'm that 15 gallon blood/plasma/platelet donor, that neighborhood watch organizer neighbors call even before ambulance and police, because they know I'll be there.

Forum List

Back