Senator Braun (R-IN) to Introduce "No Budget, No Pay" Bill

I say they shouldn’t get paid until they pass a balanced budget.
Big surprise there. Republicans always want a balance budget when Democrats are in the White House, just not when Republicans are in the White House.
I do agree that nobody in the House or Senate or White House should be paid until a budget is passed and signed.

Big surprise there. Republicans always want a balance budget when Democrats are in the White House, just not when Republicans are in the White House.
I do agree that nobody in the House or Senate or White House should be paid until a budget is passed and signed.
Once again you are wrong, so your streak is alive.

I have supported a balanced budget amendment since I was able to vote for the first time.

We would have a few hundred billion in debt if it had happened. That’s assuming we would be able to pay off those pennies over the past 40 years.

Proof from a reputable source or else it's just another pointless and baseless claim.

Once again you are wrong, so your streak is alive.

I have supported a balanced budget amendment since I was able to vote for the first time.

We would have a few hundred billion in debt if it had happened. That’s assuming we would be able to pay off those pennies over the past 40 years.
I liked it while Clinton was in Office, but it got chucked immediately when Son-Ova-Bush came in.
I believe you, speaking for you on this. I am simply point out, you never hear Republicans in general wanting one, when Republicans are in the White House.

They shouldn’t be allowed to go home either.

Whereas Democraps never want a balanced budget.
I see truth in that. I just never hear Republicans bring it up, unless there is a Dem in the White House, otherwise, they spend like Trump and Son-Ova-Bush. The last republican that wanted to pay our bills instead of giving tax breaks was Daddy Bush, and you guys ran him out of office for it.

Last edited:
I see truth in that. I just never hear Republicans bring it up, unless there is a Dem in the White House, otherwise, they spend like Trump and Son-Ova-Bush. The last republican that wanted to pay our bills instead of giving tax breaks was Daddy Bush, and you guy ran him out of office for it.
If you’re suggesting that Republicans don’t do diddly dog about obtaining a balanced budget in any budget package or via any effort to obtain a “balanced budget Amendment,” I basically agree.

However, the last balanced budget came under Bubba Clinton but it took both Houses of Congress being Republican to obtain it.

And, it was signed by the President. Unfortunately, the assholes wrote it with a sunset and defeated continuing under Son-Ova-Bush. They only wanted it, while there was a Democrat in office, no matter how good it was and had proven to work, both the people of the country, as well the economy, and the financial footing of government.
It is nothing but grandstanding, often these budgetary brinksmanship things are not even about money, but policy, and include policy unrelated to budget, as they slip in other totally unrelated crap, that they could not get, and the asshole slip poison pills in the legislation to make sure the bill fails. This just slipped in, reducing Lloyd Austin's pay to $1. This is an example of the games these assholes, (elected to do our business) are playing, as except for political points, doing the country's business, doesn't mean dick to them.

And, it was signed by the President. Unfortunately, the assholes wrote it with a sunset and defeated continuing under Son-Ova-Bush. They only wanted it, while there was a Democrat in office, no matter how good it was and had proven to work, both the people of the country, as well the economy, and the financial footing of government.
It is nothing but grandstanding, often these budgetary brinksmanship things are not even about money, but policy, and include policy unrelated to budget, as they slip in other totally unrelated crap, that they could not get, and the asshole slip poison pills in the legislation to make sure the bill fails. This just slipped in, reducing Lloyd Austin's pay to $1. This is an example of the games these assholes, (elected to do our business) are playing, as except for political points, doing the country's business, doesn't mean dick to them.
I don’t need your spin. It took a GOP controlled Congress to get it at all.

You know full well that if the Dims had been in control of Congress, there’s no way it would have been a balanced budget.

And no Dims have ever sought or achieved a balanced budget when they controlled Congress.

You know full well that if the Dims had been in control of Congress, there’s no way it would have been a balanced budget.

And no Dims have ever sought or achieved a balanced budget when they controlled Congress.
But, the combination of Newt and Clinton and the balanced budget worked. The country did great! My investments worked great! The economy worked great! Yet, Newt saw it written to sunset by a vote to renew. Son-Ova-Bush got the presidency. The Republicans were in charge and they chose purposely to kill it. Bush wanted a war, later. It was run Off-Budget. Tax Breaks did not pay for the war. The debt went up, and kept going up. The economy got worse. Still, no move for a balanced budget with Son-Ova-Bush in office.

The way it is suppose to work is both sides are supposed to watch the budget, not using the process to pay off supporters and score political points, but neither party does it, because neither party is worth a shit, as they only want to party like hell when they are in charge. Trump blew through money, just like a Dem, and wanted to do tax breaks, so we did tax breaks again and the debt kept going up. That crap doesn't work forever. Taxbreaks and spend does not work any better than tax and spend. It never will, in the long run. Sooner or later, somebody has to pay the damned bills. Yet the only time you jokers ever in the history of the country want to bring up a balanced budget is when there is a Democrat in the presidency. If there were a Republican in the presidency now, you still would not want a balanced budget, and we would be talking about even more tax breaks, even with the current level of debt. Nobody can deny it with a straight face except the occasional lying cocksucker, and even they, still cannot point to a republican controlled congress with a Republican President in office, that wanted anywhere near a balance budget requirement. It's just another lie for a party that has gotten expert at lying, following a leader that is a natural-born liar, and hoping to bring him back for more fiscal irresponsibility.

Last edited:
Proof from a reputable source or else it's just another pointless and baseless claim.
Really? You have never noticed when the GOP controls Congress and the White House, they explode the deficit?

Seriously?

No wonder you are so easily conned!

Whereas Democraps never want a balanced budget.
Neither party wants a balanced budget. What you tards seem to bleev, though, is that the Republicans are fiscally conservative.

The reason neither party balances the budget is because We The People don't want one. Our politicians just do what we want them to do.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We get the politicians we deserve.

Clinton vetoed the budget twice that brought about the "balanced" budget. only signed it when facing an override in the Senate.

Then the worm took credit for it.

But, the combination of Newt and Clinton and the balanced budget worked. The country did great! My investments worked great! The economy worked great! Yet, Newt saw it written to sunset by a vote to renew. Son-Ova-Bush got the presidency. The Republicans were in charge and they chose purposely to kill it. Bush wanted a war, later. It was run Off-Budget. Tax Breaks did not pay for the war. The debt went us, and kept going up. The economy got worse. Still, no move for a balanced budget with Son-Ova-Bush in office.

The way it is suppose to work is both sides are supposed to watch the budget, not using the process to pay off supporters and score political points, but neither party does it, because neither party is worth a shit, as they only want to party like hell when they are in charge. Trump blew through money, just like a Dem, and wanted to do tax breaks, so we did tax breaks again and the debt kept going up. That crap doesn't work forever. Taxbreaks and spend does not work any better than tax and spend. It never will, in the long run. Sooner or later, somebody has to pay the damned bills. Yet the only time you jokers ever in the history of the country want to bring up a balanced budget is when there is a Democrat in the presidency. If there were a Republican in the presidency now, you still would not want a balanced budget, and we would be talking about even more tax breaks, even with the current level of debt. Nobody can deny it with a straight face except the occasional lying cocksucker, and even they, still cannot point to a republican controlled congress with a Republican President in office, that wanted anywhere near a balance budget requirement. It's just another lie for a party that has gotten expert at lying, following a leader that is a natural-born liar, and hoping to bring him back for more fiscal irresponsibility.
I want a balanced budget.

No fucking Dims seem to ever want one.

And forget that nonsense about wanting Trump back for more fiscal irresponsibility. If we wanted that, we’d vote for the Potato.

The real Dim fear (other than being out of power) is that this time Trump is much more likely to show the virtues of conservatism and thereby undermine the Dim machine for a long time.

Neither party wants a balanced budget. What you tards seem to bleev, though, is that the Republicans are fiscally conservative.

The reason neither party balances the budget is because We The People don't want one. Our politicians just do what we want them to do.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

We get the politicians we deserve.
False. Most Republicans do. No Dims do.

They controlled congress when Dubya first got in office, so what happened then?

Forum List

Back