Senate passes $607B Defense bill

Nearly three-quarters of Republicans joined most Democrats in voting for the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which authorizes $527 billion in base defense spending and $80 billion for the war in Afghanistan.

another $80 billion for the war in Afghanistan? Wasn't Obama going to end that war at the same time he closed Gitmo, and stopped the seas from rising?

That is too damn much money for defense. And can anyone explain why we're still in Afghanistan? Anyone?

I personally want us to close 4 out of every 5 bases throughout the middle east. Leave only a few thousand troops to control the few dozen drones. ;)

Use this money on infrastructure, science and education here in America!

I liked Biden's solution.

Take the $3 billion we will give to Afghanistan in living expenses for the dictator...er...I mean foreign aid.
Then take the $80 billion to keep fighting a war that doesn't exist.
That is $83 billion.
Take just 20% of that, $16.6 billion.
Think of the infrastructure that could fix.

And, would you mind tell us just what percentage of the federal budget it taken up by defense spending?

According to Policy Basics: Where Do Our Federal Tax Dollars Go? ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities only 19%.

By the way, defending this nation is a responsibility of the federal government as included in the constitution.

Yes, there are HUGE wastes in the defense budget, but there are billions more of waste and pork barrel projects that far outnumber them - most included by Democrat lawmakers desperate to hold their seats in 2014.

This is good to see the growing anti-neo-con spirit in the left, center, and right.

That is too damn much money for defense. And can anyone explain why we're still in Afghanistan? Anyone?

7 trillion in raw mineral deposits.

So I guess that's why Obama calls Afghanistan "the good war?"

Buck up, BOzo. It's much easier to never invade in the first place than to get out after 100,000 troops have been put in country over eight fucking years.
You act as if Bush had nothing to do with this. Idiot.

Forum List

Back