Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

It is, Dummy.

Show me where impeachment is for former Presidents.

Impeachment trials are not for former Presidents either, Halfwit.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Impeachment trials are for anybody who was impeached.
Not according to the Constitution. Try reading it.
Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try ALL Impeachments.
What part of " When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside" didn't you understand? Where does is say "former president?"
Wrong dickface

Virtually every Impeachment of a non-sitting President has been presided over by the VP or the President Pro Tem. In terms of the Senate those two positions are interchangeable

You've been corrected.

Claiming it again would be lying and will be noted as such
Do you read it? It is crystal clear that impeachment is not for ex-POTUS or ex-official:rolleyes:

Your “precedent” is shit. :itsok:
The precedent doesnt matter. The Constitution is clear. The Senate has sole power to try all impeachments.

If Trump can’t be tried, why isn’t he challenging the constitutionality.

Hey asshole, you aren't winning. Trump isn't President, therefore the Senate has no legal right to try him.
Hey shitferbrains...how is it possible that a former Sec of War was Impeached then?

Yea that happened. AFTER HE LEFT OFFICE...ya fucking tard.

80-year old Senator Leahy has been sent home, and he is said to be okay enough to lead the Sham impeachment against former President Trump. May God bless. Save and keep President Trump who has endured so much personal grief from the gleeful hatred of 300 television stations who subscribe to this evil leftist plan and institution of fascism in both houses of Congress carrying vicious criminally-inclined termination of civility in the United States of America.

Why is the Democrat Party pushing for a corrosive and illegal civil war all to wage personal revenge.

I’m citing the Constitution, Stupid.

You should find someone to read it to you.

Here's the constitution:

Show me where it says that Roberts must preside over the impeachment trial of an ex-president.

If you're citing the constitution, this will be remarkably easy. If you're citing your imagination, it will be a bit harder.
No such thing as impeaching a private citizen.

Says who? That would be you, citing yourself.

Trump was impeached, thus the Senate has authority. Says who? Says the constitution.

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation."

Now why would I ignore the constitution and instead believe your rambling pseudo-legal gibberish?
Show me where the Constitution spells out the procedures for impeaching a private citizen.

You lose again.:itsok::laughing0301:

There's no 'private citizen' limit to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials. You imagined it.

Trump was impeached. Thus, the Senate has authority over his impeachment trial. Says who? Says the constitution.

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation."

I keep quoting the constitution. You keep quoting yourself. Our sources are not equal.
Hey asshole, you aren't winning. Trump isn't President, therefore the Senate has no legal right to try him.

Says who? There's no requirement that someone hold any office during an impeachment trial. And in fact, folks have been tried in impeachment trials AFTER they have left office.

So where in the constitution is the limitation to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials that you just made up?

Here's the constitution.

Show me. You'll need to quote the actual constitution. Not your imagination.

Here's the constitution:

Show me where it says that Roberts must preside over the impeachment trial of an ex-president.

If you're citing the constitution, this will be remarkably easy. If you're citing your imagination, it will be a bit harder.

Trump was impeached, thus the Senate has authority. Says who? Says the constitution.

Now why would I ignore the constitution and instead believe your rambling pseudo-legal gibberish?
Show me where the Constitution spells out the procedures for impeaching a private citizen.

There's no 'private citizen' limit to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials. You imagined it.

Trump was impeached. Thus, the Senate has authority over his impeachment trial. Says who? Says the constitution.

I keep quoting the constitution. You keep quoting yourself. Our sources are not equal.

Says who? There's no requirement that someone hold any office during an impeachment trial. And in fact, folks have been tried in impeachment trials AFTER they have left office.

So where in the constitution is the limitation to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials that you just made up?

Here's the constitution.

Show me.
Sorry asshole, you can't have it both ways. You want to impeach him and claim he's President, then claim he isn't President but we can try him anyway. Even though you failed to complete the process of impeachment before Trump left office. You lose again. Seems you totally ran away from that fact

Sorry asshole, you can't have it both ways. You want to impeach him and claim he's President, then claim he isn't President but we can try him anyway.
WTF?

He can be Impeached because he WAS President. The fact that he is now a private citizen does not preclude Impeachment.

As noted. There is precedent for both Impeaching and trying a private citizen after he left office

Your circular argument is nonsense.

Here's the constitution:

Here's the constitution.

Show me.
Sorry asshole, you can't have it both ways. You want to impeach him and claim he's President, then claim he isn't President but we can try him anyway. Even though you failed to complete the process of impeachment before Trump left office. You lose again. Seems you totally ran away from that fact

Yeah, none of that is the constitution. That's just you making shit up again, citing yourself.

Here's the constitution.

Show me. Don't tell me. You citing you on a topic you know jack shit about isn't the Constitution.

Here's the constitution:

Here's the constitution.

Show me.

Yeah, none of that is the constitution. That's just you making shit up again, citing yourself.

Here's the constitution.

Show me. Don't tell me. You citing you on a topic you know jack shit about isn't the Constitution.
Impeachment and the resulting trial applies to a few specific GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, Dumbass.

You just keep losing. :laughing0301: :itsok:

Sorry asshole, you can't have it both ways. You want to impeach him and claim he's President, then claim he isn't President but we can try him anyway.
WTF?

He can be Impeached because he WAS President. The fact that he is now a private citizen does not preclude Impeachment.

As noted. There is precedent for both Impeaching and trying a private citizen after he left office

Yup. The only thing necessary for the Senate to hold an impeachment trial.....is that someone be impeached.

There's no requirement that that person continue to hold office. There's no limit if they become a 'private citizen'.

Both those requirements and limits are imaginary nonsense, found no where in the Constitution and contradicted by precedent.

Sorry fellas.....but your imagination doesn't obligate the Senate to do anything.

This is not unlike their claims about the stolen election.

They WANT to be right so regardless of facts...they just demand to be right...even though they are demonstrably wrong

'No one is above the law'

So where do the Trump Supporters figure Trump should answer to the charges and evidence?

Who should preside over a trial?

Are they saying Trump is above the law?

Here's the constitution:

Here's the constitution.

Show me.

Here's the constitution.

Impeachment and the resulting trial applies to a few specific GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS, Dumbass.

You just keep losing. :laughing0301: :itsok:

There's no requirement that the trial apply to government officials in the Constitution. You're citing your imagination. The only requirement for an impeachment trial is that someone has been impeached.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation."

See, the Senate is bound by the *actual* constitution. Not your imaginary one.

WTF?

Yup. The only thing necessary for the Senate to hold an impeachment trial.....is that someone be impeached.

There's no requirement that that person continue to hold office. There's no limit if they become a 'private citizen'.

Both those requirements and limits are imaginary nonsense, found no where in the Constitution and contradicted by precedent.

Sorry fellas.....but your imagination doesn't obligate the Senate to do anything.
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Forum List

Back