Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

It is, Dummy.

Show me where impeachment is for former Presidents.

Impeachment trials are not for former Presidents either, Halfwit.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Impeachment trials are for anybody who was impeached.
Not according to the Constitution. Try reading it.
Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try ALL Impeachments.

Let me put in the context you refuse to....

" The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present. "

I got news for ya, Donald Trump is NOT the President of the United States, and Chief Justice Roberts refuses to preside...
These clowns have him as President one post, and the next he isn’t President. Thats how they are trying to ignore the Constitution

Oh I know....They are making it up as they go...And as usual being total assholes while doing such...The thing they don't get is that Sen. Paul's point of order today acted as a preliminary vote, and they don't have the votes to convict....So, another clown show thrown out...

Trump's conviction is highly unlikely. But Trump's impeachment trial is definitely going to happen.

You people do seem to love your Kangaroo lynch mobs don't you?

And by 'Kangaroo', you mean constitutionally delegated authority?

No, I mean Kangaroo...No due process, false charges based on nothing but emotional nonsense, you know how Democrats operate...

Couldn't get the chief Justice, so you put in a partisan Democrat to ensure the fix...pathetically transparent...

What due process was denied, specifically?

What the reporting said when they heard that he wouldn't preside...is that he simply didn't want to be in the middle of this.

He wasn't happy to have had to preside over the first Impeachment. In either case he has no real role.

Well, which is it? Is the impeachment of a President, or not? Because during the first one, Roberts had no choice, the Constitution is clear on that...So, I don't know what you are talking about, or are you speaking for Roberts..?

Nostra You're talking in circles as always.

A. Trump was President when Impeached in the House

B. He is now a private citizen but that does not protect him. Private citizens have been both Impeached and tried in the past

C. Since he is NOW a private citizen the CJ of SCOTUS is not required for the Senate trial. MANY non Presidents have been Impeached and tried in the Senate with either the VP or the President Pro Tem presiding.

So just shut the fuck up.
It’s funny how they have to try to change the Constitution every few posts depending on what corner they are backed into.
Links have been provided to support everything I posted above.

Nostra has provided us with HIM pretending to be Roberts.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

" The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present. "

I got news for ya, Donald Trump is NOT the President of the United States, and Chief Justice Roberts refuses to preside...
These clowns have him as President one post, and the next he isn’t President. Thats how they are trying to ignore the Constitution

Oh I know....They are making it up as they go...And as usual being total assholes while doing such...The thing they don't get is that Sen. Paul's point of order today acted as a preliminary vote, and they don't have the votes to convict....So, another clown show thrown out...

Trump's conviction is highly unlikely. But Trump's impeachment trial is definitely going to happen.

No, I mean Kangaroo...No due process, false charges based on nothing but emotional nonsense, you know how Democrats operate...

Couldn't get the chief Justice, so you put in a partisan Democrat to ensure the fix...pathetically transparent...

Were there hearings that I missed in the house? Witnesses? Trump's chance to refute? NO! It was a knee jerk vote brought with none of that...A sad display.

LOL You aren't wiggling your way out this one. It's a valid trial, being conducted in a legal manner, just like the election was. All the crying and whining in the world isn't going to change this, either.
You are clearly ignorant of what the Constitution says about a Senate Impeachment trial.

Or....you are. Here's everything the constitution has to say on the matter:

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
Judgement in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law."

That establishes the Senate's authority. That establishes the punishments. That establishes the requirements of conviction.

So where is the part that says that Trump's impeachment is an 'unconstitutional farce'? Because I'm pretty sure you're citing your imagination on that one.
You just posted that Trump was an EX-PRESIDENT. Now you are arguing he is President.

You can’t win, Stupid.
You're talking in circles as always.

B. He is now a private citizen but that does not protect him. Private citizens have been both Impeached and tried in the past

C. Since he is NOW a private citizen the CJ of SCOTUS is not required for the Senate trial. MANY non Presidents have been Impeached and tried in the Senate with either the VP or the President Pro Tem presiding.

You're wrong and you're lying
What private citizen was “Both impeached and tried in the past”

William Belknap was impeached and tried despite leaving his office. As long as someone has been impeached, the Senate has authority over their impeachment trial.

Remember......you have no idea what you're talking about.
And the president pro tempore presided.

What the reporting said when they heard that he wouldn't preside...is that he simply didn't want to be in the middle of this.

He wasn't happy to have had to preside over the first Impeachment. In either case he has no real role.

Well, which is it? Is the impeachment of a President, or not? Because during the first one, Roberts had no choice, the Constitution is clear on that...So, I don't know what you are talking about, or are you speaking for Roberts..?

You don't understand that Trump is no longer president? Really?

Welcome to the present.

Links have been provided

Nostra You're talking in circles as always.

It’s funny how they have to try to change the Constitution every few posts depending on what corner they are backed into.
Links have been provided to support everything I posted above.

Nostra has provided us with HIM pretending to be Roberts.

And you just pretended to be Roberts just a minute ago....

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

You're like petulant children standing there with a pout on the fact, arms crossed stomping your feet all while saying "we get our trial"....lol

Knowing that it will end in aquittal...
They ignore how Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment. I guess they have to in order to try to claim this isn’t a complete farce.

Is this where you cite your imagination as Justice Roberts again? Or the part where you randomly make up imaginary 'restrictions' to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials?
No, that’s where I pointed out the FACT Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment.

I thought I was clear on that. Apparently, you can’t read.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Were there hearings that I missed in the house? Witnesses? Trump's chance to refute? NO! It was a knee jerk vote brought with none of that...A sad display.

Where are those hearings a requirement of the impeachment process in the constitution?

Here it is:

Show me.

LOL You aren't wiggling your way out this one. It's a valid trial, being conducted in a legal manner, just like the election was. All the crying and whining in the world isn't going to change this, either.
Yeah, with a partisan Democrat hack as presiding judge. This trial is right out of Nazi Germany.
Personally, I'd prefer Roberts do it, but that's not the decision they made. Leahy is going to do his best. He's taking it so seriously, he's giving himself a heart attack.
Comment On Presiding Over The Impeachment Trial Of President Donald Trump
“The president pro tempore has historically presided over Senate impeachment trials of non-presidents. When presiding over an impeachment trial, the president pro tempore takes an additional special oath to do impartial justice according to the Constitution and the laws. It is an oath that I take extraordinarily seriously.
“I consider holding the office of the president pro tempore and the responsibilities that come with it to be one of the highest honors and most serious responsibilities of my career. When I preside over the impeachment trial of former President Donald Trump, I will not waver from my constitutional and sworn obligations to administer the trial with fairness, in accordance with the Constitution and the laws.

Give him the same respect you want shown to Trump's defenders and see how he does.
What a joke. If this was turned around and it was a Republican presiding with a Democrat ex President, Democrats would be screaming and throwing the biggest hissy fit the world has ever witnessed. It doesn't matter. This isn't going anywhere.

You don't understand that Trump is no longer president? Really?

Welcome to the present.

I was speaking to Lesh as she tried to muddy the two...So, address her, she seems confused.

So now you are claiming he is not fulfilling his Constitutional duties.

Why isn’t Nazi impeaching Roberts for violating his oath?

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

You're like petulant children standing there with a pout on the fact, arms crossed stomping your feet all while saying "we get our trial"....lol

Knowing that it will end in aquittal...
They ignore how Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment. I guess they have to in order to try to claim this isn’t a complete farce.

Is this where you cite your imagination as Justice Roberts again? Or the part where you randomly make up imaginary 'restrictions' to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials?
No, that’s where I pointed out the FACT Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment.

I thought I was clear on that. Apparently, you can’t read.

There's no such requirements in the constitution. So what requirement of impeachment did Pelosi not follow?

Again, here's the constitution:

Show me what part of the impeachment process it requires that Pelosi didn't follow?

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Where are those hearings a requirement of the impeachment process in the constitution?

Here it is:

Show me.
House rules. The Speaker can’t unilaterally change or ignore House rules.

You're obviously confused. Roberts is under no obligation to preside over the impeachment of Trump. As Trump isn't President.

Failing to obey the mandates of your imaginination isn't a 'violation of his oath'. Remember, your imagination obligates no one to do anything.

Keep running, Troll.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Here it is:

Show me.

Resolutions introduced through the hopper that directly call for
an impeachment are referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, whereas
resolutions merely calling for a committee investigation with a view
toward impeachment are referred to the Committee on Rules. Deschler Ch
14 Sec. Sec. 5.10, 5.11. In the 105th Congress the House adopted a
privileged resolution reported by the Committee on Rules referring a
communication from an independent counsel alleging certain impeachable
offenses to the Committee on the Judiciary. Later, the House adopted a
privileged resolution reported by the Committee on the Judiciary
authorizing an impeachment inquiry by that committee. Manual Sec. 603.
All impeachments to reach the Senate since 1900 have been based on
resolutions reported by the Committee on the Judiciary. Before that
committee's creation in 1813, impeachments were referred to a special
committee for investigation. Manual Sec. 603; 6 Cannon Sec. 657.

Sec. 7 . Committee Investigations

Committee impeachment investigations are governed by those
portions of Rule XI relating to committee investigative and hearing
procedures, and by any rules and special procedures adopted by the
House and by the committee for the inquiry. Manual Sec. 605; Deschler
Ch 14 Sec. 6.3. The House may by resolution waive or supplement a
requirement of these rules in a particular case. In several recent
instances, the House agreed to a resolution authorizing the counsel to
the Committee on the Judiciary to take depositions of witnesses in an
impeachment investigation and waiving the provision of Rule XI that
requires at least two committee members to be present during the
taking of such testimony. Deschler Ch 14 Sec. 6.3; 105-2, H. Res. 581,
Oct. 8, 1998, p 24679; 110-2, H. Res. 1448, Sept. 17, 2008, p 19502;
111-1, H. Res. 424, May 12, 2009, p __. Authorities to conduct an
inves

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Here it is:

Show me.

1) Show us that Pelosi lacks the authority to do what she did.

2) Show us where in the constitution its prohibited.

As you're not citing anything but yourself. And your source is laughably inadequate to carry your argument.

You're obviously confused. Roberts is under no obligation to preside over the impeachment of Trump. As Trump isn't President.

Failing to obey the mandates of your imaginination isn't a 'violation of his oath'. Remember, your imagination obligates no one to do anything.

Keep running, Troll.
Inspection again you are having to ignore the Constituion based on you being backed into a corner.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Here it is:

Show me.

1) Show us that Pelosi lacks the authority to do what she did.

2) Show us where in the constitution its prohibited.

As you're not citing anything but yourself. And your source is laughably inadequate to carry your argument.
Any change in House rules must be debated and voted on at the beginning of each Congress.
Basic stuff that you are obviously ignorant of.

Forum List

Back