Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

Nostra You're talking in circles as always.

A. Trump was President when Impeached in the House

B. He is now a private citizen but that does not protect him. Private citizens have been both Impeached and tried in the past

C. Since he is NOW a private citizen the CJ of SCOTUS is not required for the Senate trial. MANY non Presidents have been Impeached and tried in the Senate with either the VP or the President Pro Tem presiding.

So just shut the fuck up.

You're wrong and you're lying and Trolling
:itsok:

LOL You aren't wiggling your way out this one. It's a valid trial, being conducted in a legal manner, just like the election was. All the crying and whining in the world isn't going to change this, either.
You are clearly ignorant of what the Constitution says about a Senate Impeachment trial.

Or....you are. Here's everything the constitution has to say on the matter:

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
Judgement in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law."

That establishes the Senate's authority. That establishes the punishments. That establishes the requirements of conviction.

So where is the part that says that Trump's impeachment is an 'unconstitutional farce'? Because I'm pretty sure you're citing your imagination on that one.
You just posted that Trump was an EX-PRESIDENT. Now you are arguing he is President.

You can’t win, Stupid.
You're talking in circles as always.

B. He is now a private citizen but that does not protect him. Private citizens have been both Impeached and tried in the past

C. Since he is NOW a private citizen the CJ of SCOTUS is not required for the Senate trial. MANY non Presidents have been Impeached and tried in the Senate with either the VP or the President Pro Tem presiding.

You're wrong and you're lying
What private citizen was “Both impeached and tried in the past”

William Belknap was impeached and tried despite leaving his office. As long as someone has been impeached, the Senate has authority over their impeachment trial.

Remember......you have no idea what you're talking about.
You are trying to equate resignation in an attempt to avoid being impeached to getting voted out of office. That idiot didn’t have the brains or resources to challenge them.

Trump does.

Your “precedent” is shit. :itsok:

Your standard was 'private citizen'. Belknap was a private citizen when the Senate held his impeachment trial. The Senate did exactly what you insisted the Senate didn't have the authority to do.

Demonstrating elegantly that you simply no idea what you're talking about.

The Senate has authority over any impeachment trial. There's no 'private citizen' limitation to that authority. As the constitution and history show us.

Keep running, Troll.

It is, Dummy.

Show me where impeachment is for former Presidents.

Impeachment trials are not for former Presidents either, Halfwit.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Impeachment trials are for anybody who was impeached.
Not according to the Constitution. Try reading it.
Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try ALL Impeachments.

Let me put in the context you refuse to....

" The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present. "

I got news for ya, Donald Trump is NOT the President of the United States, and Chief Justice Roberts refuses to preside...
These clowns have him as President one post, and the next he isn’t President. Thats how they are trying to ignore the Constitution

LOL You aren't wiggling your way out this one. It's a valid trial, being conducted in a legal manner, just like the election was. All the crying and whining in the world isn't going to change this, either.
You are clearly ignorant of what the Constitution says about a Senate Impeachment trial.

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.
Judgement in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law."

That establishes the Senate's authority. That establishes the punishments. That establishes the requirements of conviction.

So where is the part that says that Trump's impeachment is an 'unconstitutional farce'? Because I'm pretty sure you're citing your imagination on that one.
You just posted that Trump was an EX-PRESIDENT. Now you are arguing he is President.

You can’t win, Stupid.

William Belknap was impeached and tried despite leaving his office. As long as someone has been impeached, the Senate has authority over their impeachment trial.

You are trying to equate resignation in an attempt to avoid being impeached to getting voted out of office. That idiot didn’t have the brains or resources to challenge them.

Trump does.

Your standard was 'private citizen'. Belknap was a private citizen when the Senate held his impeachment trial. The Senate did exactly what you insisted the Senate didn't have the authority to do.

The Senate has authority over any impeachment trial. There's no 'private citizen' limitation to that authority. As the constitution and history show us.

Keep running, Troll.
The Senate often does things that violate the Constitution, Stupid.

Thus farce will be challenged, and lose in the Supreme Court.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

" The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present. "

I got news for ya, Donald Trump is NOT the President of the United States, and Chief Justice Roberts refuses to preside...
These clowns have him as President one post, and the next he isn’t President. Thats how they are trying to ignore the Constitution

Nope.....that's just you citing you again. Back in reality, Trump was impeached. And the Senate has authority all impeachment trials.

Your 'private citizen' limit to the Senate's authority over impeachment trails isn't mentioned by the Constitution. And its ignored by history with the impeachment trial of William Belknap.

Keep running, Troll.

You can’t win, Stupid.

Trump does.

Keep running, Troll.
The Senate often does things that violate the Constitution, Stupid.

Violating the constitution according to who?

You citing yourself, of course.

I'll stick with the actual constitution and actual precedent, thank you. Your imaginary 'private citizen' limit doesn't exist. Not in the constitution. Not in history.

Keep running, Troll.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Oh I know....They are making it up as they go...And as usual being total assholes while doing such...The thing they don't get is that Sen. Paul's point of order today acted as a preliminary vote, and they don't have the votes to convict....So, another clown show thrown out...

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Oh I know....They are making it up as they go...And as usual being total assholes while doing such...The thing they don't get is that Sen. Paul's point of order today acted as a preliminary vote, and they don't have the votes to convict....So, another clown show thrown out...

Trump's conviction is highly unlikely. But Trump's impeachment trial is definitely going to happen.

You can’t win, Stupid.

Trump does.

Keep running, Troll.
They're just trolling. They know they're wrong. They just don't care

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Nope.....that's just you citing you again. Back in reality, Trump was impeached. And the Senate has authority all impeachment trials.

Your 'private citizen' limit to the Senate's authority over impeachment trails isn't mentioned by the Constitution. And its ignored by history with the impeachment trial of William Belknap.

Keep running, Troll.

1. Belknap was not the President of the United States.

2. While a trial did indeed take place it resulted in exactly what this one will end up, aquittal.

Idiot boi quoted the following. He's seen the links that support it. Her doesn't care. Once again

Nostra You're talking in circles as always.

You're wrong and you're lying and Trolling

2. While a trial did indeed take place it resulted in exactly what this one will end up, aquittal.
1. Irrelevant

2. We'll see. But the trial is Constitutional and has precedent

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Trump's conviction is highly unlikely. But Trump's impeachment trial is definitely going to happen.

You people do seem to love your Kangaroo lynch mobs don't you?

You're like petulant children standing there with a pout on the fact, arms crossed stomping your feet all while saying "we get our trial"....lol

Knowing that it will end in aquittal...

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

It’s funny how they have to try to change the Constitution every few posts depending on what corner they are backed into.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

You're like petulant children standing there with a pout on the fact, arms crossed stomping your feet all while saying "we get our trial"....lol

They ignore how Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment. I guess they have to in order to try to claim this isn’t a complete farce.

1. Irrelevant

2. We'll see. But the trial is Constitutional and has precedent

You're missing a relevant point, and that Justice Roberts may have declined to preside because this has the possibility to end up in front of him....

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

And by 'Kangaroo', you mean constitutionally delegated authority?

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

They ignore how Nazi Pelousy ignored all House rules regarding impeachment. I guess they have to in order to try to claim this isn’t a complete farce.

Is this where you cite your imagination as Justice Roberts again? Or the part where you randomly make up imaginary 'restrictions' to the Senate's authority over impeachment trials?

What the reporting said when they heard that he wouldn't preside...is that he simply didn't want to be in the middle of this.

He wasn't happy to have had to preside over the first Impeachment. In either case he has no real role.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

And by 'Kangaroo', you mean constitutionally delegated authority?

No, I mean Kangaroo...No due process, false charges based on nothing but emotional nonsense, you know how Democrats operate...

Couldn't get the chief Justice, so you put in a partisan Democrat to ensure the fix...pathetically transparent...

Forum List

Back