Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

A common language is key, otherwise people tend to stay in their own group.

So?

Maybe we should force people to dress certain ways in the interest of some fantasy of cohesion being necessary.

Perhaps you should learn Spanish. What’s that? You don’t like being forced to do something in the interest of unity?

It’s a dumb idea; just like it’s a dumb idea to make others only speak or read English

I didn't say "FORCE" them.
I said they have no motivation to learn our common language, when there's no reason to.

If government and businesses would stick to one language in all of their communications, both printed, and verbal, all non-English speaking people would automatically be motivated to learn it !

Liberals hate unity, they want multiculturalism, they want an America made up of different groups who are alienated from one another.
If you want unity, language is the foundation, and the fact that you are against a one-language country screams that you are against unity !
You think people would be motivated to learn English in order to read government forms?

like the Tower of Babel what was Canada and the United States in North America will be carved out into smaller tribes at some point. A lot of land no matter how good or bad it is.

Klobuchar just announced she doesn't want to be President
Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
If she doesn't think that English should be the language, what language does she recommend then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Maybe she just wants to continue as we are, with no "official" national language. We've never had one. Insisting on one now serves what purpose?

Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand

One common language; english.

period.

I would encourage all citizens to learn a 2nd or third language but English should be the ONE MAIN COMMON language.
It already is.

If she doesn't think that English should be the language, what language does she recommend then?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Maybe she just wants to continue as we are, with no "official" national language. We've never had one. Insisting on one now serves what purpose?
Some people just don't get that freedom of expression is guaranteed and in what language has nothing to do with it.
Of course it is only reasonable that English be learned and understood to function in America. The only question, given the level seen in threads, is when do we start?

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

A common language is one of the things that unites us

Democrats don’t want the country united. That’s why little Amy doesn’t support English as the official language anymore. They want more Spanish and Arabic speakers, because that is “cultured” and that old white European stuff needs to be replaced.
There is no reason for an "official" language in America. It is hauled out as an argument to make the xenophobes happy every so often. I agree that ballots should be in English, because in order to vote, you have to be a citizen, and the citizenship test requires a rudimentary understanding of English. What is on a ballot is primarily names. If there are referendum questions, voters are usually aware of (or can make themselves aware of) what they mean prior to going into the voting booth.

As long as legal and medical and financial services are provided to ALL in this country, though, their languages need to be available. If you were in a foreign country and were arrested and no one would speak English to you, where would you be?

Well....she's toast
As if the xenophobes would vote for her anyway. lol

Well....she's toast
In Spanish, that would be tostado
TostadA.

What a crybaby. When we need to learn all about hillary's accents, we will look up the expert: you.

Phony, pandering leftists like her - and you - are why people don’t trust politicians.
What a crybaby. When we need to learn all about hillary's accents, we will look up the expert: you.

Phony, pandering leftists like her - and you - are why people don’t trust politicians.
Who said I trusted her? Are you going to whine like a little bitch all night, or are you going to articulate why we should all be concerned that she is pandering for votes?

Careful, you’re gonna talk yourself in circles. That’s the problem with being fundamentally dishonest, like Klobuchar, Hilary, and YOU.
Dishonest? How do you know that? ...

It’s easy to know when a democrat is lying; their lips are moving.

“People change their minds.” :lmao:

Right about the time they are trying to win the democrat nomination...how about that...? :lol:
So what? Isn't that what pols do?

It’s easy to know when a democrat is lying; their lips are moving.
With an attitude like yours, why would anyone care what your opinion is of Klobuchar or anyone else on the Democrats' ticket?

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Utter bullshit.
There's no motivation to learn English if all government functions are provided in various languages. We are a fractured society, and one of the chief reasons is we are separated by different languages here in our own country.

A common language is key, otherwise people tend to stay in their own group.

So?

Maybe we should force people to dress certain ways in the interest of some fantasy of cohesion being necessary.

Perhaps you should learn Spanish. What’s that? You don’t like being forced to do something in the interest of unity?

It’s a dumb idea; just like it’s a dumb idea to make others only speak or read English

I didn't say "FORCE" them.
I said they have no motivation to learn our common language, when there's no reason to.

If government and businesses would stick to one language in all of their communications, both printed, and verbal, all non-English speaking people would automatically be motivated to learn it !

Liberals hate unity, they want multiculturalism, they want an America made up of different groups who are alienated from one another.
If you want unity, language is the foundation, and the fact that you are against a one-language country screams that you are against unity !

Unity of the willing is beautiful.

unity by coercion doesn’t yield the results you hope for, erodes and prevents creativity, and is quite unamerican.

Should we also try to force one religion in the name of unity?

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

Agreed

Democrats don’t want the country united. That’s why little Amy doesn’t support English as the official language anymore. They want more Spanish and Arabic speakers, because that is “cultured” and that old white European stuff needs to be replaced.
There is no reason for an "official" language in America. It is hauled out as an argument to make the xenophobes happy every so often. I agree that ballots should be in English, because in order to vote, you have to be a citizen, and the citizenship test requires a rudimentary understanding of English. What is on a ballot is primarily names. If there are referendum questions, voters are usually aware of (or can make themselves aware of) what they mean prior to going into the voting booth.

As long as legal and medical and financial services are provided to ALL in this country, though, their languages need to be available. If you were in a foreign country and were arrested and no one would speak English to you, where would you be?

Oh gawd, STFU. No, taxpayers are not going to be held responsible for providing translation services for every third world piece of trash trying to leech off us.

Agreed

Oh gawd, STFU. No, taxpayers are not going to be held responsible for providing translation services for every third world piece of trash trying to leech off us.
Yea.....Google Translate is so expensive

Agreed

My question hurt, didn't it? You know I'm right.

No, I'm not going to shut up, whether you like it or not.

Agreed

Then English as the official language it is. If you can’t speak it, Google Translate.

Agreed

Then English as the official language it is. .....

Not gonna happen.

Agreed

Oh gawd, STFU. No, taxpayers are not going to be held responsible for providing translation services .....

Yes we are. We have been for a long, long time.

Agreed

If you agree that ballots should be in English then English must be the official language or else the ACLU and their ambulance chasing lawyers will force ballots in a dozen languages or more

and the same goes for the cops

Criminals should learn English instead of the cops having to know a dozen languages

Forum List

Back