Seems the board leftists are big time rooting for Ukraine.

I am on the side of those innocent civilians being killed trying to defend their country. They did not do anything to deserve this. They are just like you and I.

But you all lack even the tiniest bit of empathy.

What a terrible way to live life, to allow your politics to deprive you of any actual human emotions.

I truly pity you
Yes there will be needless and unjustified harm to good people.

What can really be done? Assigning blame won't stop it.

We are helpless spectators. Perhaps we could take in some of the refugees? But then where do you begin? Or end?

Jo

It is a bit more than that..because of Russia’s involvement in sending troops in, arming and strengthening pro-Russian seperatists in order to destabilize Ukraine. Ukraine WAS making progress in reducing corruption, which was why Congress finally authorized release of weapons, right? The real blame goes all the way back to Stalin, with his forced transfers of populations in order to dilute ethnic minorities and the Soviets harsh repressions. I guess the question is…what do you do and where does it stop? No one thought Putin would actually do it. So what next in restoring tbe glory of the empire? And what will be China’s take away from this?

No answers. But I don’t want us getting involved with troops.

Agree with this. I feel awful for the people of Ukraine, but we can no longer run to every raging fire on earth and be the only nation that supplies the firefighters and the hoses. And the water. It hasn't worked out for us or the nations we're supposedly "helping".

It is a bit more than that..because of Russia’s involvement in sending troops in, arming and strengthening pro-Russian seperatists in order to destabilize Ukraine. Ukraine WAS making progress in reducing corruption, which was why Congress finally authorized release of weapons, right? The real blame goes all the way back to Stalin, with his forced transfers of populations in order to dilute ethnic minorities and the Soviets harsh repressions. I guess the question is…what do you do and where does it stop? No one thought Putin would actually do it. So what next in restoring tbe glory of the empire? And what will be China’s take away from this?

No answers. But I don’t want us getting involved with troops.
So the push of aggressive NATO expansion right up to the Russian frontier has nothing to do with it?

You’re not allowed to talk about the known US/NATO/Ukraine actions which experts have been warning for many years would lead us to where we’re at. You’re only allowed to say Putin attacked Ukraine completely unprovoked, in a vacuum, solely because he is evil and hates freedom

I'm not a passive-aggressive asshole who uses the emoji system to lob and run like a coward.
Uh…sure dude. You lob meme after meme and call that a “response”. Talk about passive-agressive :rolleyes:

So let’s pretend you recognize there are multiple sides to this situation. What do you think the US should do? You seem to support Russia’s actions on the one hand and simultaneously agree that a sovereign nation who did not initiate any attack, should not be attacked?

So the push of aggressive NATO expansion right up to the Russian frontier has nothing to do with it?

You’re not allowed to talk about the known US/NATO/Ukraine actions which experts have been warning for many years would lead us to where we’re at. You’re only allowed to say Putin attacked Ukraine completely unprovoked, in a vacuum, solely because he is evil and hates freedom
Spot on...

So let’s pretend you recognize there are multiple sides to this situation. What do you think the US should do? You seem to support Russia’s actions on the one hand and simultaneously agree that a sovereign nation who did not initiate any attack, should not be attacked.
The ship on what the US should have done sailed in 2014, when fucking hacks like you uttered not a peep when your boy illegally deposed a democratically elected leader -no matter how corrupt- and installed a puppet.

Unlike you, I recognize that the blowback for such meddlesome stupidity doesn't always occur in the near term.

Now drips like you are sitting around wringing your hands and crying crocodile tears for the mess that YOU created.

The blood of Ukraine is on your hands.

Agree with this. I feel awful for the people of Ukraine, but we can no longer run to every raging fire on earth and be the only nation that supplies the firefighters and the hoses. And the water. It hasn't worked out for us or the nations we're supposedly "helping".
My big fear…and I’m sure others as well, is that it spills over into another continent sweeping world war. According to what I read, the number of displaced people trying to flee Ukraine exceeds the recent African/Middle East exodus of refugees, which itself exceeded the number of people displaced during the Holocaust.

We’ve kind of gotten used to relatively sane leaders with the insane ones being relegated to smaller countries and somewhat internationally contained. Tbe established world order we grew up with is further fracturing (in my opinion).

Perzactly.....Then they abandon Ukraine when the shooting starts.

Ok, granted, NATO expansion is a fair point. On the hand, what about what Ukraine wants?

The ship on what the US should have done sailed in 2014, when fucking hacks like you uttered not a peep when your boy illegally deposed a democratically elected leader -no matter how corrupt- and installed a puppet.

Unlike you, I recognize that the blowback for such meddlesome stupidity doesn't always occur in the near term.

Now drips like you are sitting around wringing your hands and crying crocodile tears for the mess that YOU created.

The blood of Ukraine is on your hands.
Wow!

Jo

Ok, granted, NATO expansion is a fair point. On the hand, what about what Ukraine wants?
Do the Ukrainians even know?
Seems they are embroiled in civil war trying to figure that out.

Last time we chose sides against Russia just because it was Russia, those we helped later bit us in the ass.
There are some alarming elements supporting the Ukrainian military and we shouldn't blindly throw aid and support.

Here is how you can help.....go join their Army. They are taking anyone they can get.

Foreign nationals, especially those with experience in the military, can also consider going as far as to join the Armed Forces or Ukraine’s National Guard as active service members.

This is legal under Ukrainian law, which enables the military to sign official service contracts with foreign nationals or stateless persons.

According to the law, this option is open to physically and mentally fit foreigners with no criminal record, between 18 and 40 years of age, who can apply for positions of enlisted soldiers or non-commissioned soldiers. Under certain exemptions, the age limit can be extended to 60.

In this con-flict....you bet I'm cheering for the Ukraine.
1645892712181.png

Forum List

Back