See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.

With the money they save on overpaid burger flippers and cashiers, they can import all the Chinese and Indian technicians they need. Set up some barracks style living conditions in the back rooms and give them all the free foodstuffs they want and they'll think they died and went to heaven.

Technicians will have to build and service those touchscreens. Republicans are simply too ignorant to be technicians. The problem for Republicans is that they will have no one to complain to when they punch in their order and get the wrong stuff.

There is no dumbassery so dumbassed you won't enthusiastically spout it, is there?

I was a technician in the Air Force. I operated power plants consisting of up to a dozen MEP-012A 750kW diesel-powered generators operating at 4,160VAC; I led a crew responsible for doing major maintenance of those same generators; I operated and maintained BAK-12 emergency aircraft arresting systems, both portable and permanent installations; and I operated and maintained various different commercial off-the-shelf emergency standby generators ranging in size from a thousand watts to 1 Megawatt.

I am a Republican. Furthermore, I am a conservative Republican, the kind you claim is most stupid. Yet I was entrusted by the United States government to operate and maintain all that equipment that the Air Force mission -- and the lives of the aircrew aboard busted fighter jets -- utterly depended on.

You say I'm ignorant; the Air Force says you're full of shit.

Between the two of us, I'm a freakin' genius, and you're a barely-literate retard.

Run along now, boy. We're liable to use big words that scare you.

All stuff designed by liberals.
Bullshit.
But now you are on disability.
Again, bullshit. I have a 0% disability rating from the VA.

So, in summary, you're a lying, stupid, ignorant retard.

You really don't have to keep proving it, you know. It's common knowledge.

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

I just wont eat there.....simple.
And if you're trying to say it's more expensive to replace waiters with touch pads you're crazy.

There is no dumbassery so dumbassed you won't enthusiastically spout it, is there?

I was a technician in the Air Force. I operated power plants consisting of up to a dozen MEP-012A 750kW diesel-powered generators operating at 4,160VAC; I led a crew responsible for doing major maintenance of those same generators; I operated and maintained BAK-12 emergency aircraft arresting systems, both portable and permanent installations; and I operated and maintained various different commercial off-the-shelf emergency standby generators ranging in size from a thousand watts to 1 Megawatt.

I am a Republican. Furthermore, I am a conservative Republican, the kind you claim is most stupid. Yet I was entrusted by the United States government to operate and maintain all that equipment that the Air Force mission -- and the lives of the aircrew aboard busted fighter jets -- utterly depended on.

You say I'm ignorant; the Air Force says you're full of shit.

Between the two of us, I'm a freakin' genius, and you're a barely-literate retard.

Run along now, boy. We're liable to use big words that scare you.

All stuff designed by liberals.
Bullshit.
But now you are on disability.
Again, bullshit. I have a 0% disability rating from the VA.

So, in summary, you're a lying, stupid, ignorant retard.

You really don't have to keep proving it, you know. It's common knowledge.

It is common knowledge.

Ever heard of self service gas pumps? Apparently not.

Not at all impossible should the liberal at issue live in Oregon. They don't allow self-service gas pumps, having zero faith in locals ability to use them without immolation.

Oregon feels the need to post reasons on signs:

"Speed Limit 55 because speed kills:

"Crosswalk - Children crossing road"

"Employees must wash hands - To prevent the spread of disease"

And the very official-looking one observed in a toilet stall:

"Wipe Your Ass - or you will stink".

PC liberals apparently heed it but it does them no real benefit.

The banks were way ahead of the curve...in 1982 they introduced ATMs because national healthcare was coming....

At the time it was primarily because they couldn't find teller candidates who had been taught in public indoctrination institutions ("schools") how to make correct change. To this day it's why so many stores close during power outages. Clerks can't make change without bankrupting the store or pissing off short-changed customers.

The banks were way ahead of the curve...in 1982 they introduced ATMs because national healthcare was coming....

At the time it was primarily because they couldn't find teller candidates who had been taught in public indoctrination institutions ("schools") how to make correct change. To this day it's why so many stores close during power outages. Clerks can't make change without bankrupting the store or pissing off short-changed customers.

:lol:

You wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

And the unreasonable demand by unions to pay $20-30+/hour for placing a bolt (not even tightening it) on the assembly line forced the jobs formerly performed in Detroit to go China or to more reasonable parts of America.

Those jobs are now held by people who are sober enough to realize that it is better to have a job for a bit less than striking for more and lose that job.

As an immigrant who still speaks with a hard accent, I never needed a union to speak for me. As soon as I learned enough English, I always spoke for myself. If my pay was sub-union at least I had the satisfaction that what I had I EARNED not like the dolts who relied on the likes of thugs like Leo Gerard or Richard Trumke or the the thug who doesn't know where hid Daddy's body
is because his Daddy was just as big a crook as he is, and his Daddy's present is his future.

I will never by another vehicle or anything else, produced by slackers belonging to and freeloading from union.

Last edited:

LOL! You really ARE completely clueless, aren't you?

Automation has been an issue with unions for DECADES.

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.
Actually, you ARE getting paid when you self-checkout.

In time. By not having to wait in line behind a guy with a whole cartload of groceries.

It's a lot quicker, and my time is worth something to me.

I really enjoyed the self checkout at our local grocery store. And I could bag my groceries exactly how I wanted them bagged. And I will enjoy a touch screen method of ordering at the local fast food places too if it comes to that.

I also enjoy chitchatting with the employees if I am being helped by an honest to goodness person who speaks my language and is reasonably competent in his/her job. But it is a near certainty that higher wages at McDonalds or anywhere else that specializes in discounted food or products will result in much more automation and reduced staffs and fewer opportunities for people to obtain entry level jobs.

And the real scandal is that for the most part it is not the employees who are complaining or asking for this.

One of our nearby Walmarts got picketed whenever the official picket Walmart day was recently. The pre-headlines were hundreds of Walmart employees to demonstrate for higher wages or some such. The only problem was, when the local TV stations got there, they found only a couple of dozen folks walking the picket line and not one of them was or has ever been a Walmart employee. The customers entering and leaving the store mostly ignored them. That should give the looniest liberal pause for thought.

Last edited:
As an employer, McDonald has every right, indeed, every obligation to increase profits for its shareholders.

If McDonald invests in automating its procedures, it is McDonald's money, with no contributions from those who are sitting around like despicable vultures, waiting to try too cash on somebody else's risks and investments.

Those who have no stake in the investments have no right to demand benefits from its success.

Those who are unhappy with the wages McDonald's pays, should educate themselves or go away peacefully and hope to get a better job.

Good!

More people on foodstamps and welfare.

More Republicans on foodstamps and welfare. Like the majority of those now on foodstamps and welfare.

Damn here you was telling us just last week that the republicans were the party of the rich. Can't you liberals get your propaganda together? which is it, party of the rich or poor? (You or someone like you)

BTW 7 of the ten richest in Congress are Democrats.

You truly are the stupidest person on this board, kid.

LOL! You really ARE completely clueless, aren't you?

Automation has been an issue with unions for DECADES.

Businesses have long sought to replace workers with machines. One of the most noticeable examples of that trend in recent years has been replacing cashiers with automatic scanners in grocery stores. You've seen those, haven't you?

The companies save money when you do the work yourself, but you don't get a discount on your groceries because you self-scan, do you? Hell, you're actually working without getting paid.

So, go ahead and scan your own groceries. Bag them up too while you're at it. You've just helped the company with their bottom line, and you haven't been paid for your work, and some other poor slob has probably lost his job.

I love the self-checkouts. I would willingly pay a PREMIUM to use them! I love NOT having to deal with a marginally-sentient stoner who does things like scan things twice and bag raw meat with insecticide!

I am not sure where the labor savings is with the touch screen. Someone still needs to fetch the food and I would suppose someone will have to still run a cash register. What I see is that it might reduce the wait in line.

Forum List

Back