See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers

McDonald's orders 7,000 touchscreen kiosks to replace cashiers - Neowin

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

A lot of fast food chains could have easily done this already. Maybe they felt keeping people employed was more important, not that any lib would give them credit for that. It's the same with the Walmart greeters. They didn't need them, but offered senior citizens an easy job to earn extra cash. Now they are gone because of Obamacare.

How many more jobs will this administration kill?
Oh yeah, work 3, 4 of those jobs you might not even have to apply for food stamps.
Think of all the lost bank teller jobs because union demands. God I hate those ATM's.

Last edited:

YOu wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..
And what do you suppose might be the outcome of such robotization?

Jobs will be lost.

Corporate profit will rise.

Government will increase benefits to the unemployed.

Corporate taxes must be increased to compensate.

Do you know of a likely alternative?

Look at it this way ... Someone makes the touchscreens ... They will have a job.
Then again ... Today President Obama said extending unemployment benefits is necessary to create more jobs.

The touchscreens will be made in India, which will make some Indian businessman wealthy. I'll keep you repubs informed who it is so you can put him on your worship list.

You wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

And the unreasonable demand by unions to pay $20-30+/hour for placing a bolt (not even tightening it) on the assembly line forced the jobs formerly performed in Detroit to go China or to more reasonable parts of America.

Those jobs are now held by people who are sober enough to realize that it is better to have a job for a bit less than striking for more and lose that job.

As an immigrant who still speaks with a hard accent, I never needed a union to speak for me. As soon as I learned enough English, I always spoke for myself. If my pay was sub-union at least I had the satisfaction that what I had I EARNED not like the dolts who relied on the likes of thugs like Leo Gerard or Richard Trumke or the the thug who doesn't know where hid Daddy's body
is because his Daddy was just as big a crook as he is, and his Daddy's present is his future.

I will never by another vehicle or anything else, produced by slackers belonging to and freeloading from union.

Those poor automakers that were forced to go to china where wages were one tenth of the wages here and pollution controls were not so stringent because pollution is just a liberal fantasy anyway. Were the prices of those cars produced in china lowered drastically? Not so drastically? Not at all?

You wanna walk out on your job for more money. Guess what you now might lose your jobs all because of UNIONS who are greedy..

And the unreasonable demand by unions to pay $20-30+/hour for placing a bolt (not even tightening it) on the assembly line forced the jobs formerly performed in Detroit to go China or to more reasonable parts of America.

Those jobs are now held by people who are sober enough to realize that it is better to have a job for a bit less than striking for more and lose that job.

As an immigrant who still speaks with a hard accent, I never needed a union to speak for me. As soon as I learned enough English, I always spoke for myself. If my pay was sub-union at least I had the satisfaction that what I had I EARNED not like the dolts who relied on the likes of thugs like Leo Gerard or Richard Trumke or the the thug who doesn't know where hid Daddy's body
is because his Daddy was just as big a crook as he is, and his Daddy's present is his future.

I will never by another vehicle or anything else, produced by slackers belonging to and freeloading from union.

Those poor automakers that were forced to go to china where wages were one tenth of the wages here and pollution controls were not so stringent because pollution is just a liberal fantasy anyway. Were the prices of those cars produced in china lowered drastically? Not so drastically? Not at all?

Only thing that forced them was capitialism and a new market to sell...and your own personal knowledge, they are still here in america where they make cars as well.

And what do you suppose might be the outcome of such robotization?

Jobs will be lost.

Corporate profit will rise.

Government will increase benefits to the unemployed.

Corporate taxes must be increased to compensate.

Do you know of a likely alternative?

Look at it this way ... Someone makes the touchscreens ... They will have a job.
Then again ... Today President Obama said extending unemployment benefits is necessary to create more jobs.

The touchscreens will be made in India, which will make some Indian businessman wealthy. I'll keep you repubs informed who it is so you can put him on your worship list.

So are you saying that people in India aren't "someone" ... Or are you saying that they won't have a job?
I'm not a Republican ... And don't worship any person ... So you have no need to put me on any of your lists.

I am not sure where the labor savings is with the touch screen. Someone still needs to fetch the food and I would suppose someone will have to still run a cash register. What I see is that it might reduce the wait in line.

Fetching food may still be required ... But the cash register part can be handled buy the touchscreen like any self check-out.
It will probably speed up the line ... But that won't insure your order is correct.

It seems McDonald's intends to morph into an updated version of the Automat. For those who are too young to remember, the Automat offered a limited variety of foods and beverages, all of which were contained in warmed compartments behind little windowed doors that lined the walls of its exceptionally clean cafeteria-like branches.

There were no servers at the Automats, just tables and chairs, stacked trays, and bins of utensils. Any food item or beverage one wished to purchase was available by inserting a specified number of nickels into a slot and turning a knob to release a windowed door. Automat baked macaroni was delicious and was as popular as are today's Big Mac or Whopper.

While there were food preparers working behind the windowed walls to refill the warmed compartments as they were emptied, the only employee the customers saw was a bus-boy who cleared vacated tables and a woman who sat in a booth in the center of the dining floor exchanging currency and larger coins for nickels.

I personally liked the Automat. So did my mother, who got a great kick out of its novelty. It was 1950s automation.

The Automat is no more. I don't know why. What I do know is back then jobs were plentiful.

While it's true that some unions have been excessive in their demands, that is not true of all unions. Those of you who are indoctrinated critics of unions should keep in mind that even though you are not union members it is the union movement which is responsible for the 40 hour work-week, for paid vacations, for overtime pay, and for each and every other benefit and worker protection you enjoy. Because none of those things existed before a lot of blood was shed by those who brought the union movement about. And were it not for them all of you would still be working for coolie wages and kissing your bosses asses to keep your jobs.

It's true that some unions have warts -- but the world of the worker is a far better place because of them. So don't bite the hand that feeds you because corporatist propagandists like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh tell you to.

Last edited:
Oh these right wingers are hilarious. They think of themselves as "millionaires currently without funds". Which is why they have no empathy for someone making minimum wage, even when most of them are making minimum wage. Because they are sure that one day, their ship will come in.

Oh these right wingers are hilarious. They think of themselves as "millionaires currently without funds". Which is why they have no empathy for someone making minimum wage, even when most of them are making minimum wage. Because they are sure that one day, their ship will come in.

Mcdonalds%20easy%20order%20touchscreen.png

See we told you.. Mcdonalds is ordering 7K touch screen to replace cashiers
Unwittingly, probably doing those cashier's a favor.

A lot of fast food chains could have easily done this already. Maybe they felt keeping people employed was more important, not that any lib would give them credit for that. It's the same with the Walmart greeters. They didn't need them, but offered senior citizens an easy job to earn extra cash. Now they are gone because of Obamacare.

Fast food chains are already in the process of this. It started with that automatic drink machine.

Yeah, they had the soda dispensers before computers came along. We've also had vending machines for ages.

I think the companies are telling employees that they aren't really needed at all. They could have done this ages ago, in fact, many companies could do away with some workers and replace them with machines. I'm sure the liberals secretly cheer more job losses because that's more people on welfare and it brings us one little step closer to destroying the capitalist America.

And now all McDonalds needs is a machine to flip the burgers, assemble the burgers, put the fries in the basket, wrap the burgers, fill the cups, take the money and make the change, sweep the floors, empty the trash, etc.......

Then they won't need any employees with the outrageous demand that they be paid enough to live! Why should anybody expect that their job would pay them enough to afford housing food and clothes? Why how greedy of them!

Yes lets cheer it on! Lower wages for all Americans, and lets outsource more jobs while we are at it!

Fast food chains are already in the process of this. It started with that automatic drink machine.

Yeah, they had the soda dispensers before computers came along. We've also had vending machines for ages.

I think the companies are telling employees that they aren't really needed at all. They could have done this ages ago, in fact, many companies could do away with some workers and replace them with machines. I'm sure the liberals secretly cheer more job losses because that's more people on welfare and it brings us one little step closer to destroying the capitalist America.
Its the times....uh huh...thats right.........

And now all McDonalds needs is a machine to flip the burgers, assemble the burgers, put the fries in the basket, wrap the burgers, fill the cups, take the money and make the change, sweep the floors, empty the trash, etc.......

Then they won't need any employees with the outrageous demand that they be paid enough to live! Why should anybody expect that their job would pay them enough to afford housing food and clothes? Why how greedy of them!

True justice goes a bit higher than McDonald's. As I stated getting existing employees off dependency from them could very well be doing them a favor.

Realistically, can anyone expect McDonald's or any of these cheap franchises to do any better than offer menial wages. Their gross margins can't handle it.

I say tell the banks and energy interests to stop selling this country to the highest bidder and let them know you are willing to go back to the ole tar and feather days and then just maybe, you would see more along the lines of what we expect.

Minimum wage jobs shouldn't be expected to provide a living for a family. They are starter jobs and anyone who doesn't move up in any company or eventually find a better job has serious issues.

I realize these days that Obamacare has killed many of the middle class jobs that stop people from elevating, but it's crazy to keep increasing minimum wage. Right now, some emergency room paramedics in my town don't even make $15 an hour and they have a lot of special training, have to continue taking classes every year to remain certified and their jobs is just plain hard. And yet you think some high school drop out should walk into a fast food place and earn more than the skilled workers?

That's right, minimum wage jobs are for kids and with enough of your kids working maybe you can pay the rent AND eat!
After all only the most capable in our society should expect to earn enough to pay their own way. All the less fortunate, less capable and certainly the less intelligent should simply live in a garage or a box with no hope for a life of dignity.

Forum List

Back