Seattle Teachers on Strike, 6 Figures and 3 Months Off a Year Not Enough

Because you lack spine. Talking about people behind their back makes you a DOUCHEBAG.
I only mention it on here. I never talk about that among friends and associates. Calling me a douchebag because of something I post on here shows just how immature you are.

Sounds like you have never taught! Kudos on showing us your ignorance! It's refreshing to get the ignorant view.
Sounds like I read the article.
Besides that, I personally know 4 teachers now and in the past.
During the school year they indeed work pretty hard. Being a teacher is not a job, like other some other vocations, it is a lifestyle.
But they do have a lot of time off. Considerably more than traditional jobs. I use to work 10-11 hours a day and then always came in for a few hours to "catch up" over the weekend. Teachers do not have the corner on long hours. Difference is, they have a lot of off time over the course of a year. Other jobs do not.

During the school year they indeed work pretty hard. Being a teacher is not a job, like other some other vocations, it is a lifestyle.
But they do have a lot of time off. Considerably more than traditional jobs. I use to work 10-11 hours a day and then always came in for a few hours to "catch up" over the weekend. Teachers do not have the corner on long hours. Difference is, they have a lot of off time over the course of a year. Other jobs do not.
Teachers have long hours and shitty pay!

For 3 years, I arrived at school at 6:30 AM, taught all day, left at 4PM to go to my local university, attended class until 9 PM, and then drove home and graded homework until midnight. At that time, I was making less than $40K a year, plus paying for my expenses to attend college the GI Bill did not cover.

Teachers have long hours and shitty pay!

For 3 years, I arrived at school at 6:30 AM, taught all day, left at 4PM to go to my local university, attended class until 9 PM, and then drove home and graded homework until midnight. At that time, I was making less than $40K a year, plus paying for my expenses to attend college the GI Bill did not cover.
You worked hard at your profession and I applaud you for that but exceptional teachers and poor teachers get treated the same by the union. You might have had a more enjoyable experience teaching at a private school where the better teachers are compensated for exceptional work.

You seem like you have an anger management problem. Can't you discuss this in a more civil way?

Maybe if you weren't calling them "lazy" we could.

But you seem to have an "ignorance problem". Can't we discuss this in a more educated way? Oh, sorry, not with you.

Working a ton of hours is bad for a person. It's not healthy and there's no satisfaction or pride in putting in 70 hours in a week. Workers are starting to wake up and it's going to get more dicey for employers to keep them happy. As it should be.

Don't bother replying to me anymore if you can't be civil. Now go bother somebody else.

"Civil"??? You are one to talk, HYPOCRITE.

You don't go around calling teachers some of the laziest people you know and then get to bitch about others not being civil.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back