Seattle-area Rep Jayapal Helps Secure $1 Trillion in Direct Economic Support for Developing World

HAHHAHAHAHAH--''at no cost to the US tapayer'''--IDIOTS
'''''Nearly all countries are members of the IMF, but the United States is the largest cumulative contributor to the IMF at $155 billion and the largest voting bloc—''''

HAHHAHAHAHAH--''at no cost to the US tapayer'''--IDIOTS
'''''Nearly all countries are members of the IMF, but the United States is the largest cumulative contributor to the IMF at $155 billion and the largest voting bloc—''''

The US is the world's cash cow, what was that about taxation and representation? Jayapal doesn't represent me.

"“It also doubles funding to the United Nations populations fund,” noted Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.). “This organization has historically supportive coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization.”"

This is a House FY2022 Appropriations Bill that increases the spending for the State Dept by 12%. If I understand it correctly, the Senate requires 60 votes to pass a 2022 Budget Resolution, which undoubtedly the GOP will not vote for if it has this crap in it. The budget resolution establishes overall funding levels by various budget functions, and must be agreed to by both chambers, but it does not itself become law. If the resolution passes then the democrats have the opportunity to amend or change the spending via the reconciliation process that only requires a simple majority (50 dems plus the VP).

So - I don't think the Repubs will allow this to be in the Budget Resolution, but the Dems could pass it later through reconciliation if they choose to. If they do so, it could cost them in the midterms next year and I think they know it.

Seattle needs representation, not India. This is what you get with foreign born duel citizenship elected officials. Is it part of the "infrastructure" bill? I wouldn't be surprised.

Forum List

Back