Seahawks SUCK !!!!

If Harvin remains healthy the Seahawks should have a much more dangerous offense. Baldwin, while he seems like a perfectly serviceable receiver, is not the kind of playmaker Harvin is.

I've been reading a lot of praise for the Niners receiving corps lately, and I'm glad of it, but the Niners don't have anyone with the kind of speed and proven playmaking ability of Harvin. Maybe one of their young guys can step into that sort of role, but our top 3, Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson, are not speedy guys.

On the other hand, those 3 Niners receivers are all guys who have shown great hands, the ability to make tough catches in traffic, and particularly in Crabtree's case, the ability to make good yards after the catch. So while not the threat to go all the way on every play that Harvin is, they are an improvement over the depleted receivers from last year.

Barring injuries, I'm curious to see how these two defense and run game oriented teams do through the air this year.

Funny how the two strongest teams in the NFL last year were both nearly dead last in pass attempts and yards. Both teams had pretty good running backs and both teams had QB's near 500 yards running the rock.

The Hawks and Niners are VERY close in how they play with the one exception as you have noted in the past Seattle's DBs. SC has a slightly better DL.

The Niners have better linebackers, Seahawks better secondary. It's very close on the defensive line; the Hawks are ahead in edge rushers but there are few inside defensive linemen that can compare to Justin Smith.

Seattle was, IMO, a bit better on offense last year. The Niners pass game was so one-dimensional that it hurt the run game. Even if the Niners don't have the kind of explosiveness that Harvin brings, I think their receivers are good enough, if they can stay healthy, that teams will have to at least respect the passing game enough to open up some holes in the running game.

Whatever weapons they have, though, the Hawks and Niners are likely to stay near the bottom of the league in passing. It's just the way the teams are built. :)

If Harvin remains healthy the Seahawks should have a much more dangerous offense. Baldwin, while he seems like a perfectly serviceable receiver, is not the kind of playmaker Harvin is.

I've been reading a lot of praise for the Niners receiving corps lately, and I'm glad of it, but the Niners don't have anyone with the kind of speed and proven playmaking ability of Harvin. Maybe one of their young guys can step into that sort of role, but our top 3, Crabtree, Boldin and now Johnson, are not speedy guys.

On the other hand, those 3 Niners receivers are all guys who have shown great hands, the ability to make tough catches in traffic, and particularly in Crabtree's case, the ability to make good yards after the catch. So while not the threat to go all the way on every play that Harvin is, they are an improvement over the depleted receivers from last year.

Barring injuries, I'm curious to see how these two defense and run game oriented teams do through the air this year.

Funny how the two strongest teams in the NFL last year were both nearly dead last in pass attempts and yards. Both teams had pretty good running backs and both teams had QB's near 500 yards running the rock.

The Hawks and Niners are VERY close in how they play with the one exception as you have noted in the past Seattle's DBs. SC has a slightly better DL.

The Niners have better linebackers, Seahawks better secondary. It's very close on the defensive line; the Hawks are ahead in edge rushers but there are few inside defensive linemen that can compare to Justin Smith.

Seattle was, IMO, a bit better on offense last year. The Niners pass game was so one-dimensional that it hurt the run game. Even if the Niners don't have the kind of explosiveness that Harvin brings, I think their receivers are good enough, if they can stay healthy, that teams will have to at least respect the passing game enough to open up some holes in the running game.

Whatever weapons they have, though, the Hawks and Niners are likely to stay near the bottom of the league in passing. It's just the way the teams are built. :)

I think both the Hawks and the Santa Clara Niners will have to develope a better passing game this season.

Lynch and Gore both are getting older and although they both still have gas in the tank they are both getting to the point in their careers that old man "injury" will raise his ugly head and bite these great athletes in the ass.

We will most likely see some great performances in the first qtr of the 2014 season but neither back will recover from the bumps and bruises like they did in years past.

The team that can shift their offense to accomodate the inevitable slow down in the run attack and feature a more dependable passing game will dominate the NFC West and end up in the 2015 Super Bowl.

Right now THAT team, at least on paper, will be the Seattle Seahawks. The 49ers have three proven recievers. Boldin, Crabtree and Davis can and will step up against most teams they face in 2014. Seattle having a distinct edge in the secondary should be able to shut down any team's passiing attack including the three mentioned. The 9ers have some young blood on board this season but it remains to be seen that they can produce at this level...especially if Kaepernick keeps limiting his check downs to one or two recievers.

The template of the running game powered dominant team may continue. It will demand the emergence of onther back of the caliber of a Linch or Gore to sustain it.

I'm hopeful the Niners have Gore's replacement on the team already in either Lattimore or Hyde. Both had very good college careers from what I've read, and Lattimore would be going through a similar route as Gore did, having multiple leg injuries in college hurt his draft stock. Gore is and has been great, but he's into his 30s and can't last forever.

I don't know enough about Seattle's backs, but I've read some good things about their young guys. Of course, Lynch probably has a few years left in the tank.

So Huggy, what are your thoughts on Kaepernick's contract extension? 6 years, $61 million guaranteed, up to $126 million. It's a big contract, but I've read that the Niners can, if something bad happens (I assume they meant injury), get out of it fairly easily. It's the most guaranteed money ever, but having less than 50% guaranteed actually isn't a big number for quarterbacks. I think Matthew Stafford has something like 80% of his contract guaranteed.

The money involved may be important for Seattle and Wilson, who's going to be looking for his own extension soon. Wilson can easily say he deserves at least as much money as Kap, considering he's already got a SB win.

So Huggy, what are your thoughts on Kaepernick's contract extension? 6 years, $61 million guaranteed, up to $126 million. It's a big contract, but I've read that the Niners can, if something bad happens (I assume they meant injury), get out of it fairly easily. It's the most guaranteed money ever, but having less than 50% guaranteed actually isn't a big number for quarterbacks. I think Matthew Stafford has something like 80% of his contract guaranteed.

The money involved may be important for Seattle and Wilson, who's going to be looking for his own extension soon. Wilson can easily say he deserves at least as much money as Kap, considering he's already got a SB win.

Wilson is a different guy. He has been very clear about his personal goals in the NFL. I believe him when he says he wants to be the best QB to ever play the game. Wether he succeeds is not entirely up to him and I'm sure he knows that fact.

I don't think Kaepernick's contract will have any bearing on Wilson's deal when it gets put together. Wiilson will want to get paid but I doubt he needs to make more than Colin. Wilson knows that to be recognised as the best QB he must leave a legacy of stats that point in his direction..meaning he must set a record in Super Bowl appearances and winning percentages. So far he is right on track being the winningest QB in his first two seasons with a Super Bowl Victory under his belt. If he leads the Seahawks to another Lombardi in 2014-15 he will be seen as one of the best even after only three seasons.

Kaepernick severely hamstrung the Santa Clara team with his contract. The 9ers will have to cut a couple of stars to pay him. Or at the least find two or three good players willing to restructure downward to pay their QB.

I can't believe that situation will sit well on the 49ers team.

The thing with the Hawks is that they have already signed everybody they need to for the next couple of years and even farther except Wilson so he knows what is left on the table for him. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that Russell and Paul Allen have worked out a side deal that gives/gaurantees Wilson a "job" down the line to make up for any compromises he makes for the team in the next several years.

Wilson is a VERY devout Christian. It would be easy for Allen to donate a big pile of cash to Wilson's charities. That is probably what Russell would be doing with any excessive income anyway.

Wilson is a different guy. He has been very clear about his personal goals in the NFL. I believe him when he says he wants to be the best QB to ever play the game. Wether he succeeds is not entirely up to him and I'm sure he knows that fact.

I don't think Kaepernick's contract will have any bearing on Wilson's deal when it gets put together. Wiilson will want to get paid but I doubt he needs to make more than Colin. Wilson knows that to be recognised as the best QB he must leave a legacy of stats that point in his direction..meaning he must set a record in Super Bowl appearances and winning percentages. So far he is right on track being the winningest QB in his first two seasons with a Super Bowl Victory under his belt. If he leads the Seahawks to another Lombardi in 2014-15 he will be seen as one of the best even after only three seasons.

Kaepernick severely hamstrung the Santa Clara team with his contract. The 9ers will have to cut a couple of stars to pay him. Or at the least find two or three good players willing to restructure downward to pay their QB.

The thing with the Hawks is that they have already signed everybody they need to for the next couple of years and even farther except Wilson so he knows what is left on the table for him. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that Russell and Paul Allen have worked out a side deal that gives/gaurantees Wilson a "job" down the line to make up for any compromises he makes for the team in the next several years.

Wilson is a VERY devout Christian. It would be easy for Allen to donate a big pile of cash to Wilson's charities. That is probably what Russell would be doing with any excessive income anyway.

Hah! You're living in a dream world, Huggy. :)

Hah! You're living in a dream world, Huggy. :)

Carroll and Schneider have built a team which exceeds my dreams. :clap:

Former Viking...Six time pro bowler Kevin Williams signs with the Seahawks. Ya...we lost Bryant. Enter Williams who is very easily arguably an improvement at run stopping even if it is for just the 2014 campaign.

There was a fight on the practice field today involving Sherman. Maybe it was the "Madden Curse" raising it's ugly head.. :lol:

Truth be told the Hawks are a better team this year than last.

Bad berries for the NFC West ...the NFC and eventually the to be named victim from the AFC in the 2015 Super Bowl.

It is understandable why so many teams that won a Lombardi dread the next season after their rosters get robbed in the off season.

Not so in Renton.

Sure a handfull of players cashed in on the Super Bowl Success and flew the coup for greener(greenback) pastures. No one of consequence left the team and the replacements seem to be better players than those that left.

Red Bryant as an example SEEMED to be a big hit on the DL until you take a look at who the Hawks signed to replace him. Kevin Williams is a far better player than Bryant ever was. Bryant played in less than 600 snaps last season while Williams took the field for 700 in Minnisota.

It seems that the desire to own a SB ring is a better motivator for great players on teams that will never produce one or at least offer the best opportunity to get one.

Apparently all that talk about Lynch holding out for more money evaporated in the waste baskets of the sports writers covering the Hawks.

Apparently it isn't just about the "action boss"... It may have something to do with the glory.

Ran across this quote today...

Earl Thomas. "70% of the Earth is covered in water. The rest is covered by Earl Thomas."

:lol:

I heard that one. Nice. How about this though.

images

MeBANE

14 out of 16 have succumbed to the 'Madden Curse'.

Looks like Shermans only choice this season is between a significant injury or terrible season.

Vegas should put up a 'prop bet' as to whether or not Sherman beats da' curse.

A little more than a week and training camp starts for the 2014 season.

Looking at the way the Hawks have been handling the off season ...even with all of the distractions heaped on the players in the wake of the Superbowl it seems to me that in spite of a "bad" schedule the Seattle Seahawks will probably repeat this season with even more ease than last year.

An extremely young squad last year has emerged measurably more mature and experienced.

An awkward start for Harvin last season has grown a deep appreciation within Percy for the care the Hawks have shown for his unique situation. His talent is clear and obvious from his SB performance. I don't believe Harvin will waste his newest and latest chance. I can see him having a stunning season punctuated by sports center highlights in every game. He should add 50-100 yards a game in YAC which will be a huge benefit to Wilson's numbers.

Seattle's defense should be just as suffocating as it was last season. The Hawks will see themselves at the top of the league in Defense scoring and turnover ratio as they were last year.

With the extra chances to do what they want with the ball be it score or run off the clock I can see the opportunity to have a perfect season better now than ever.

It is unlikely the Hawks will go undefeated...it is such a difficult thing to do. Winninng the NFC West and home field advantage and another Lombardi is to me very probable.

Go Hawks !!

Last edited:
The NFC West is the most dominant division in the NFL, it has become the division of "black and blue" and finesse. Don't expect any team in the division to be a pushover, and don't expect anyone of them to have any easy time. Both the Niners and Hawks are early favorites, but the Rams have improved and the Cards still have a strong 'D'.

I'm still going to Tahoe in a couple of weeks to put $50 on the Niners to win the West and the Super Bowl, though this will be the first time since 1957 that I will not be attending a home game. The Niners have priced me and thousands of other loyal fans out of the game. Time will tell if moving to Santa Clara and building the billion dollar stadium was a smart move. Counting on Silicon Valley geeks to stay focused on football may have been foolish move; yes, these 30-somethings have huge salaries, but I can't see Jersey's with pocket protectors anytime in the near future.

The NFC West is the most dominant division in the NFL, it has become the division of "black and blue" and finesse. Don't expect any team in the division to be a pushover, and don't expect anyone of them to have any easy time. Both the Niners and Hawks are early favorites, but the Rams have improved and the Cards still have a strong 'D'.

I'm still going to Tahoe in a couple of weeks to put $50 on the Niners to win the West and the Super Bowl, though this will be the first time since 1957 that I will not be attending a home game. The Niners have priced me and thousands of other loyal fans out of the game. Time will tell if moving to Santa Clara and building the billion dollar stadium was a smart move. Counting on Silicon Valley geeks to stay focused on football may have been foolish move; yes, these 30-somethings have huge salaries, but I can't see Jersey's with pocket protectors anytime in the near future.

the NFL people who keep saying the LAMBS are going to keep are living in fairy tale land.:lol: their draft choices this year were unimpressive blowing golden opportunitys to get either Clowney or Mack who both will be disruptive forces and fisher has lost it.

He got fired at tenneesse because he became senile in the end.the fact that he went and hired brian SHITTENHEIMER who got booed out of new york for being so conservative on offense just shows how much he has become senile. dont expect them to be any better than 7-9.8-8 at best.they should win their first couple games since they are against bad oponents but its all downhill after that.

dont expect the LAMBS to be a pushover? oh really.:lol::lol::D:lol::lmao::lmao:

defense alone cant win games.if the seahawks had bradford as their quarterback,as great as their defense is,no way does that team make it to the playoffs last year.:lol::lol: The cards dont have a great quarterback either but they had a winning season last year cause they got a great coach and an offensive coordinater who isnt mr conservative at the most crucial and critical points of the game so they make up for it in that way.:lol::lol::D

and like i said before,if you have a quarterback who isnt worth a shit,you wont go very far no matter how good the defense is which is inconsistant and only great occassionally. think this quarterback here is going to get you very far? lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-ever-to-consider-moving-on-from-sam-bradford

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back