Screwing over the military...

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Trump administration says children of US troops born overseas do not have automatic citizenship

EDIT.....

I was wrong and falsely stated how the change worked. My apologies to all.

Some children born overseas to certain US troops may not automatically have American citizenship, Trump administration says

"This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not US citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of US government employees or members of the military born abroad,

Last edited:
Trump administration says children of US troops born overseas do not have automatic citizenship

Children born to US government employees and military service members overseas will no longer automatically be considered US citizens, according to a policy alert from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is fucked up, what possible reason could there be to do this to those defending our nation?

Since they now have to "complete the citizenship process" will they even be considered "natural born citizens" and be eligible to run for POTUS?

Pro-military my ass, what possible reason could there be for such a policy change?

Aren't the vast majority of US troops American citizens? So this will effect like almost no one?

Children born to US government employees and military service members overseas will no longer automatically be considered US citizens, according to a policy alert from the US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is fucked up, what possible reason could there be to do this to those defending our nation?

Since they now have to "complete the citizenship process" will they even be considered "natural born citizens" and be eligible to run for POTUS?

Pro-military my ass, what possible reason could there be for such a policy change?

Aren't the vast majority of US troops American citizens? So this will effect like almost no one?

Yes, they are. And now their children born in a military hospital overseas will not be. Why are you ok with that?

Yes, they are. And now their children born in a military hospital overseas will not be. Why are you ok with that?

Children born to American parents are American no matter where they are born.

Are you confused or playing games?

Can you not read? Did you even open the link?

"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their US citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf,” she continued.

"For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their US citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf,” she continued.

I read it. I just know that what the press is claiming is not true. Because, it is obviously just a smear of the President.

YOu need to be more dismissive of the vile lying media.

They are setting you up to look like a fool.

I think you're confused, did you not read the article? They may be considered an American but never had to apply for citizenship.

I read it. I just know that what the press is claiming is not true. Because, it is obviously just a smear of the President.

Oh, "you just know" that it's fake.

Not really.....it's just a matter of paperwork.
As long as one parent is a citizen....they can fill out the documents needed to make children born outside the US a naturalized citizen. It also doesn't effect anyone who has been born outside of the US in the past.
If you marry a foreign national.....they have to go thru the same process.

I think you're confused, did you not read the article? They may be considered an American but never had to apply for citizenship.

The op is claiming that they have to apply for citizenship. Is there any grounds on which a child born to American parents is going to be denied citizenship?

Oh, "you just know" that it's fake.

Yep.

Try reading the actual document, not a Yahoo news clip.

You are correct, I was wrong. I can admit when I was duped. I apologize for my zeal.

Some children born overseas to certain US troops may not automatically have American citizenship, Trump administration says

"This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not US citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of US government employees or members of the military born abroad,

Fear, bigotry, hate, and racism.

It’s consistent with Trump’s unwarranted hostility toward immigrants and his desire to discourage immigration.

ETA: after seeing post number 5, the OP is not alone in assuming the worst of Trump.

You are correct, I was wrong. I can admit when I was duped. I apologize for my zeal.

This affects green card holders serving this country in the military.
Had they not joined and stayed in the States...their children would automatically become citizens.

Because they are SERVING overseas..their children are N OT granted citizenship

Fear, bigotry, hate, and racism.

It’s consistent with Trump’s unwarranted hostility toward immigrants and his desire to discourage immigration.

ETA: after seeing post number 5, the OP is not alone in assuming the worst of Trump.
The key word is "ASSUMING".

Had they not joined and stayed in the States...their children would automatically become citizens.

Do you think any other country would allow such a thing?

Do you think any other country would allow such a thing?

I thought we as Americans were not supposed to care what other countries did or allowed?

Does anyone know what papers we need to carry on our bodies at all times to prove we are a US citizen? (I'm serious)

I'm beginning to feel like we should have a number on our body or the stamp of the beast on our forehead.

Forum List

Back