Zone1 SCOTUS Is Broken; Can It Be Fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The Supreme Court is a supreme threat to American democracy. That was Abraham Lincoln’s view in light of the Dred Scott decision, expressed in his First Inaugural Address. And it was vividly illustrated after Lincoln's assassination, when the Civil War amendments and civil rights legislation passed by Congress were effectively nullified by the Supreme Court, enabling former Confederates and other white supremacists to destroy the possibility of multiracial democracy for almost a century. “Our democracy suffers when an unelected group of lawyers take away our ability to govern ourselves,” as Harvard Law professor Nikolas Bowie wrote in 2021, based on his testimony before the do-nothing Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States.

That's why the new online lecture and discussion course, “What to Do About the Courts,” feels so important: It's an effort to begin laying the groundwork for fundamental court reform.

The Supreme Court is a supreme threat to American democracy. That was Abraham Lincoln’s view in light of the Dred Scott decision, expressed in his First Inaugural Address. And it was vividly illustrated after Lincoln's assassination, when the Civil War amendments and civil rights legislation passed by Congress were effectively nullified by the Supreme Court, enabling former Confederates and other white supremacists to destroy the possibility of multiracial democracy for almost a century. “Our democracy suffers when an unelected group of lawyers take away our ability to govern ourselves,” as Harvard Law professor Nikolas Bowie wrote in 2021, based on his testimony before the do-nothing Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States.

That's why the new online lecture and discussion course, “What to Do About the Courts,” feels so important: It's an effort to begin laying the groundwork for fundamental court reform.

the obvious second ammendment solution is simple once the supreme court rules that biden has immunity,

Your source is far to the left, and explains your “thinking” if this is representative of your reading material.

The SCOTUS is fine as it is. I didn’t hear any complaints from you when it leaned left.

The court has never leaned left in it's entire history.

The article is very well written, in both it's content, and historical citation.

Anyone who believes the current make up of the court is fine, isn't an honest broker by ant measure.

Anyone who believes the court has any degree of popular support with the majority of the American people, or is representative of the leanings of the majority of he American people, isn't paying attention.

The court is in dire need of reform, and that reform will happen. It's a matter of when. not if.

USSC is only "broken" because it's not a rubber stamp for and creator of moonbat politics.

Tissue.gif

Liar.
The article is very well written, in both it's content, and historical citation.
No, it's shitlb propaganda.
Anyone who believes the current make up of the court is fine, isn't an honest broker by ant measure.
As though you are?
Anyone who believes the court has any degree of popular support with the majority of the American people, or is representative of the leanings of the majority of he American people, isn't paying attention.

The court is in dire need of reform, and that reform will happen. It's a matter of when. not if.
tissue2-GIF.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideological_leanings_of_United_States_Supreme_Court_justicespeople, isn't paying attention.

The court was quite liberal in the 1960s and 1970s.

I think it's a little disingenuous for people on the left to complain about SCOTUS making laws when they were perfectly happy with them doing it when it had a liberal majority.

What liberals need to do is learn how to legislate effectively.

If you want abortion to be legal, then go to the state legislatures and make that case! Pro-choice people had 50 years to codify Roe into law, and refused to do it.

Hey, how come a lot of you lefties don't have to add user content to the OPs but the rest of us do?

Seems like a trend lately in terms of arbitrary concessions to the rules. I even see maudes posting in those threads, so I know they see it.

I usually don't report em, but I reported this one.

This two-tiered rule enforcement system needs to be nipped in the bud.

Whenever these so-called right wingers don't add user content that stuff gets shut down quicker than a feller can blink, observably.

Last edited:
Hey, how come a lot of you lefties don't have to add user content to the OPs but the rest of us do?

Seems like a trend lately in terms of arbotrary concessions to the rules. I even see maudes posting in those threads, so I know they see it.

Whenever these so-called right wingers don't add user content that stuff gets shut down quicker than a feller can blink, observably.

Seems like a trend lately in terms of arbotrary concessions to the rules. I even see maudes posting in those threads, so I know they see it.

The object is to get you to click on the links to check, which you obviously had to do in order to ascertain that there's zero original content.

The OP is a paid spammer.

SCOTUS threatens the glorious 1,000 Year Progressive Reich!

The object is to get you to click on the links to check, which you obviously had to do in order to ascertain that there's zero original content.

The OP is a paid spammer.

Yeah, probably, but that wasn't my point.

This happens all the time lately. If it didn't, I likely wouldn't even say anything about it.

Somebody needs to take charge around here so that this two-tiered rule enforcement model gets under control.

Either that or just ditch the rule completely.

Last edited:
I think it's a little disingenuous for people on the left to complain about SCOTUS making laws when they were perfectly happy with them doing it when it had a liberal majority.

What liberals need to do is learn how to legislate effectively.

If you want abortion to be legal, then go to the state legislatures and make that case! Pro-choice people had 50 years to codify Roe into law, and refused to do it.

Who are you? How did you get control of Joe's account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back