School Boards need to be held criminally liable for school shootings (Poll)

Should laws holding school boards and security personnel responsible be passed?

• Yes, children require grown-ups to protect them

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
1, What would you charge them with, dumbass?
2. What would you charge them with, dumbass?
3. Old news. Research the end results so you can educate yourself.
4. Already done in almost every case.

criminal negligence

noun​

1. Failure to use reasonable care, and thus put someone at risk of injury or death.
  2. (law) recklessly acting without reasonable caution and putting another person at risk of injury or death (or failing to do something with the same consequences)
3. I call bullshit, Peterson didn't do his job. duh.
4. Then why are school shootings still happening, duh?

Can schools be "hardened" by modern designs to stop potential shooters from entering the schools?

The short answer is "yes".

So why aren't all schools secure from crazies with guns? I blame school boards. I do not accept any excuses.
Just get the money and do it.

That said, are security systems perfect?
The short answer is "no".
The Sandy Hook school had security doors, but the shooter was let in, carrying his AR.
Whoever opened that security door should have been prosecuted.

Any support for holding School boards, and security personnel legally responsible for school security?
You are nuts if you think a school can be made into a fortress able to keep crazies out while letting little kids in. This guy wouldn't have been stopped......well other than had his illegal family been kicked across the border, that his illegal family hadn't received any government checks, if they would have locked up his crazy tranny ass sooner, OR...............allowed his juvenile criminal record to be accessed and grounds of denial for a gun. He had just turned 18----he had no adult background to check. They could have also tied being allowed to sell gun to anyone in lived in a household where a register criminal resided.

"Qualified Immunity" protects them from being held criminally or civilly liable as individuals.
It's up to the voters and tax payers of each district to decide what they want for school security and elect people to their boards to implement it.
States could I think set some minimum standards as well and provide money.
The Fed's could make some money available for that purpose as well but there are always strings attached to federal dollars.
New Laws can supersede that "qualified immunity" where school safety is concerned. The problem now is that the school boards accept the risk of a school shooting rather than pay for adequate safety measures.
"Elect me and I won't raise your school taxes"

School taxes
The State
The Feds

The school board controls none of these things, yet you want to make them the scapegoat.

A special collection/donations (our school had a successful special collection for stadium lights)

Could work in well off communities.

Borrow it

Most schools districts are already in debt.

Are you willing to pay more in taxes to see this happen and be maintained?

New Laws can supersede that "qualified immunity" where school safety is concerned. The problem now is that the school boards accept the risk of a school shooting rather than pay for adequate safety measures.
"Elect me and I won't raise your school taxes"

School boards have no power over school taxes. They cannot raise them or lower them. Do you have no clue what a school board actually controls?

You are nuts if you think a school can be made into a fortress able to keep crazies out while letting little kids in. This guy wouldn't have been stopped......well other than had his illegal family been kicked across the border, that his illegal family hadn't received any government checks, if they would have locked up his crazy tranny ass sooner, OR...............allowed his juvenile criminal record to be accessed and grounds of denial for a gun. He had just turned 18----he had no adult background to check. They could have also tied being allowed to sell gun to anyone in lived in a household where a register criminal resided.
1. Many schools have good security systems. Experts know what works and what doesn't.
2. Agree that there are many "red flag" crazies out there just waiting
3. I support raising the age to buy a gun to 21. if you want a gun at 18, enlist.

When the kids enter schools, the schools are responsible for their safety.

At home, its their parents.

Our schools are done for. I knew this. Uvalda sped up the process exponentially. In many places we have a couple years left--no more.

The school board controls none of these things, yet you want to make them the scapegoat.
Could work in well off communities.
Most schools districts are already in debt.
Are you willing to pay more in taxes to see this happen and be maintained?
1. New Laws can assign the responsibilities correctly
2. Well off communities, ok.
3. I'm not accepting the "debt" argument, states can kick in, Feds can kick in, a new 1-time school tax can kick in.
If we can afford a $Trillion for Ukraine we can afford money for school security.
4. Yes I would gladly pay higher taxes to keep kids safe.

School boards have no power over school taxes. They cannot raise them or lower them. Do you have no clue what a school board actually controls?

Not to mention, what kind of dumb schmuck would run for school board under these circumstances?

It never ceases to amaze me that people imagine all these superheroes in every home. Teachers who make 40K right out of college who will toilet train kindergarteners, teach them to read and write and do math, feed and cloth them when necessary, and oh yeah, carry arms for them and take bullets for them if necessary.

What are we all thinking?

HOW BADLY have we lost our minds?

Our schools are done for. I knew this. Uvalda sped up the process exponentially. In many places we have a couple years left--no more.
I'm not following your rationale'.
Why are our schools done for?
All we need are better, more secure entrances and exits

I'm not following your rationale'.
Why are our schools done for?
All we need are better, more secure entrances and exits

Post 171. In short you imagine people would run for school board under these circumstances.

As society breaks down we continue to imagine that the regular people around us are Super Heroes.

It's strange

1. New Laws can assign the responsibilities correctly
2. Well off communities, ok.
3. I'm not accepting the "debt" argument, states can kick in, Feds can kick in, a new 1-time school tax can kick in.
If we can afford a $Trillion for Ukraine we can afford money for school security.
4. Yes I would gladly pay higher taxes to keep kids safe.

1. Then blame the voters for not passing those laws
2. nuff said
3. Then blame the Feds for not doing so.
4. You are in the minority.

It seems you have accepted that the School boards do not have the power to do what you say needs done, so how about holding the Governor and elected officials criminally liable for school shootings?

Then what do you suggest we do? Give the teachers nerf bats and hope for the best?

No. Get real. Harden our schools the same way we harden our banks and airports.

These are the times we live in, and if we can't manage to find ways to protect our children in such a vulnerable setting, we are failing them completely.

*yawn*

You want to implement better security procedures at schools? Sounds good to me. I certainly never said not to. But the proposition of the OP is to make school board members personally criminally responsible for the crimes of other people.

Post 171. In short you imagine people would run for school board under these circumstances.
As society breaks down we continue to imagine that the regular people around us are Super Heroes.
It's strange
When cops still run toward gunfire, I'm sure we'd have a lot of people wanting to protect their kids from the school board. You apparently haven't been to a school board meeting lately.

You want to implement better security procedures at schools? Sounds good to me. I certainly never said not to. But the proposition of the OP is to make school board members personally criminally responsible for the crimes of other people.
No, the OP is saying that school boards that do not implement recommended security provisions, i.e. say "we're not wasting money on security" for example, are negligent. The OP says that if you're on a school board, you have a legal responsibility to act in the best interest of students, including their security.
If you can't accept that responsibility, don't run for the school board.

1. Then blame the voters for not passing those laws
2. nuff said
3. Then blame the Feds for not doing so.
4. You are in the minority.

It seems you have accepted that the School boards do not have the power to do what you say needs done, so how about holding the Governor and elected officials criminally liable for school shootings?
1. Voters don't pass laws, duh.
2. Schools should have $100,000,000,000 of unspent Covid money already so money should be no object.
3. School Boards already do have the power and responsibility to protect the students.

Forum List

Back