School Boards need to be held criminally liable for school shootings (Poll)

Should laws holding school boards and security personnel responsible be passed?

• Yes, children require grown-ups to protect them

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Unless we correct our segment of population that promote relative morality, these incidents will be on-going and more prevalent. Pretty soon, public schools will look more like this.....
View attachment 650838
If we do that for the what ifs.........then we are done as a nation.........That fence will not stop someone with bolt cutters..cameras's can be disabled.....

They will find a way. Defense training for schools with SIMPLE SOLUTIONS are needed.

iu

Kids are in schools all day.
The school boards are responsible for their safety, period.

My recommendation is to old school board members legally responsible for their actions.
If a school board does everything responsibly to protect the kids, they are fine.
If the school board is negligent, they should be prosecuted.

Again, the bad guy was the shooter. You must have seen my posts that basically agree with you, you're just taking it too far to the detriment of the cause. Chasing down endless people who are not the shooter sends the wrong message. And I'm livid over what I'm hearing about the timelines and how incredibly long it took to get in there. But you have to propose actions that will help the cause, not boomerang over being so extreme

1. Voters don't pass laws, duh.
2. Schools should have $100,000,000,000 of unspent Covid money already so money should be no object.
3. School Boards already do have the power and responsibility to protect the students.

1. Where I live the voters have to approve all tax increases for schools.

2. And where is that money? Who has it? I can promise you it is not the individual schools.

3. School boards to not have the power to levy taxes or spend money they do not have. They do not have the power to change existing school infrastructure

But you have to propose actions that will help the cause, not boomerang over being so extreme

This will not help the cause. You are talking about holding people who have very little power to do the things you say need done criminally liable for not doing them. All you will do is ensure nobody ever runs for school board and they will sit empty. It is already a thankless job where you can do nothing right and you only hear about the bad things

Not to mention, what kind of dumb schmuck would run for school board under these circumstances?

It never ceases to amaze me that people imagine all these superheroes in every home. Teachers who make 40K right out of college who will toilet train kindergarteners, teach them to read and write and do math, feed and cloth them when necessary, and oh yeah, carry arms for them and take bullets for them if necessary.

What are we all thinking?

HOW BADLY have we lost our minds?
If you want to quit, QUIT.

If you want to quit, QUIT.

yet she is not wrong. Who in their right mind would run for the school board knowing they could be held criminally liable for something that took place in the school even though they lack the power to fix the problem?

You are nuts if you think a school can be made into a fortress able to keep crazies out while letting little kids in. This guy wouldn't have been stopped......well other than had his illegal family been kicked across the border, that his illegal family hadn't received any government checks, if they would have locked up his crazy tranny ass sooner, OR...............allowed his juvenile criminal record to be accessed and grounds of denial for a gun. He had just turned 18----he had no adult background to check. They could have also tied being allowed to sell gun to anyone in lived in a household where a register criminal resided.
Perhaps stopping is more difficult. But slowing the perps down may be more doable and not as expensive.

*yawn*

You want to implement better security procedures at schools? Sounds good to me. I certainly never said not to. But the proposition of the OP is to make school board members personally criminally responsible for the crimes of other people.
Lol, well school board members are directly responsible for what policies schools must follow, including safety. And if we're going the Newtown/Parkland route by suing gun manufacturers for what the mass murderer did with their firearm, its only fair we sue school boards the same way.

By the way, I yawned too just now. It didn't add any efficacy to my argument either.

1. Where I live the voters have to approve all tax increases for schools.
2. And where is that money? Who has it? I can promise you it is not the individual schools.
3. School boards to not have the power to levy taxes or spend money they do not have. They do not have the power to change existing school infrastructure

1. Voters here don't vote on tax hikes or not.
2. My point exactly, money is sitting there not being used and schools are not safe.
3. That's my point again, "school boards do have the power to change existing school infrastructure". Like new doors and new video cameras.

I do have a better idea. One that you people would never agree to. Because you guys insist on doing nothing.
It must be a great idea then, if you won't even post it.
Hint: if no one else likes it, its not a good idea.
At least I put up a few ideas to debate.
That is not "doing nothing".

Lol, well school board members are directly responsible for what policies schools must follow, including safety. And if we're going the Newtown/Parkland route by suing gun manufacturers for what the mass murderer did with their firearm, its only fair we sue school boards the same way.
By the way, I yawned too just now. It didn't add any efficacy to my argument either.
Exactly.
I would argue that school boards have much more culpability than gun manufacturers, who just declare bankruptcy and move to a gun friendlier state.

It must be a great idea then, if you won't even post it.
Hint: if no one else likes it, its not a good idea.
At least I put up a few ideas to debate.
That is not "doing nothing".
Nothing is going to happen regardless. People do like my idea. But you guys wouldn’t.

We’re just going to keep watching the same thing happen, we won’t do anything about it, then we’ll see it happen again because people insist on doing absolutely nothing. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back