Schiff Warns Bannon That He’s In A ‘Completely Different Situation Now’ Without trump In Charge

In the case of EPA Administrator Gorsuch, President Reagan -- head of the executive branch -- had declared those documents off limits due to executive privilege.
And Trump's effort to do that was kicked aside by Biden.

Yes it will be very interesting to watch.

I will not be surprised if all of them fold quickly when faced with going to prison to protect trump.

The DOJ won't protect the trump people anymore.
They can't be sent to prison. All they have to do is when asked the first question say "I'm asserting my fifth amendment rights" and not answer any questions. The only way that can be overridden is to grant the witnesses blanket immunity to prosecution. Then no matter what they say they can't be prosecuted. They could admit to murder and be safe.

I'm very glad to see the democrats on the Jan 6th committee aren't going to take the garbage from trump and his cohorts anymore in regard to the subpoenas.

Those who try to defy a legal subpoena will find themselves being prosecuted by the DOJ.

bannon wasn't a part of the trump administration when the insurrection happened. He had left the White House years before it happened so there's no way executive privilege can apply with him.

There is no longer a DOJ who will tolerate trump people defying a legal subpoena.

bannon and the other three could find themselves prosecuted and put in prison if they continue to snub their noses at our legal system.

Personally, I would love to see bannon sitting in prison. He better hope he doesn't have any cellmates and can avoid spending any time with the general population of that prison.

From the article:

Schiff warned that the committee was “not fooling around.”

“Those who don’t cooperate with our committee are going to be the subject of criminal contempt,” he said. “We will vote on it in the House at the appropriate time, and we will refer to the Justice Department for prosecution.”
Adam Shifty pushing more parody…take it to court, let Bannon have his day

does the xiden admin really have time for this though? they got all those soccer moms to run down for domestic terrorism for speaking out at school board meetings

They can't be sent to prison. All they have to do is when asked the first question say "I'm asserting my fifth amendment rights" and not answer any questions.
Yes, but that doesn't cover the subpoenas for materials.

And if they ask a question like, "Did Individual One say this to you:________?", he can't plead the 5th to avoid it. He can lie, I suppose. Seems likely that he will.

I'm very glad to see the democrats on the Jan 6th committee aren't going to take the garbage from trump and his cohorts anymore in regard to the subpoenas.

Those who try to defy a legal subpoena will find themselves being prosecuted by the DOJ.

bannon wasn't a part of the trump administration when the insurrection happened. He had left the White House years before it happened so there's no way executive privilege can apply with him.

There is no longer a DOJ who will tolerate trump people defying a legal subpoena.

bannon and the other three could find themselves prosecuted and put in prison if they continue to snub their noses at our legal system.

Personally, I would love to see bannon sitting in prison. He better hope he doesn't have any cellmates and can avoid spending any time with the general population of that prison.

From the article:

Schiff warned that the committee was “not fooling around.”

“Those who don’t cooperate with our committee are going to be the subject of criminal contempt,” he said. “We will vote on it in the House at the appropriate time, and we will refer to the Justice Department for prosecution.”

adumb shitt, ain't he the asshole that claimed to have all this evidence about russia collusion for years and never produced it?

Yes, but that doesn't cover the subpoenas for materials.

And if they ask a question like, "Did Individual One say this to you:________?", he can't plead the 5th to avoid it. He can lie, I suppose. Seems likely that he will.
Fill in your blank.

Tell us how you are finally gonna get Trump with that question. Finish the question. :abgg2q.jpg:

They can't be sent to prison. All they have to do is when asked the first question say "I'm asserting my fifth amendment rights" and not answer any questions. The only way that can be overridden is to grant the witnesses blanket immunity to prosecution. Then no matter what they say they can't be prosecuted. They could admit to murder and be safe.
AT which point they HAVE to spill the beans

Are you going to cry like a baby when that liar sends bannon and the other three to prison?

What you posted has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Are you going to comment on the topic?

Or are you just going to keep denying reality then throw a hissy fit when those four end up in prison?

shitt has no authority too send anyone to prison.

Well, the process for voting to refer him to the doj, and then the process from there can take a long time. So, even if they did refer him for prosecution, if it gets past the vote in congress, it could take years for them to ever get anything going on it.

Having said that, i agree with you. He should show up, then clam up like lois lerner did. Just recite the same line for every question:

"On advice of my council, the protections of the 5th ammendment of the constitution afforded to me, I refuse to answer".

Again, as was previously mentioned, bannon left the white house years before the capitol riot, so, why even subpoena him? Why does schiff feel the need to threaten him, for something he had no part of?

Susan McDougal tried that in the whitewater investigation with the grand jury.

It didn't take years for her to be sent to prison for 18 months.

She didn't get out until Clinton left office and pardoned her.

I wouldn't count on it taking years.

I posted the penalty for contempt of Congress.

Perhaps you should read it, Dumbass.

that was already in a court, and contempt directly from the Court.

This takes first referral to the DOJ, then prosecution….a few more steps.

Schitt is threatening to cry hard and then suck an underaged dick in protest of these meanie Trump supporters....

Thank God that queer mother fucker is on THEIR side.

What is Contempt of Congress? “Contempt of Congress is defined in statute, 2 U.S.C.A. § 192, enacted in 1938, which states that any person who is summoned before Congress who ‘willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry’ shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.” (Cornell Law School)

Congress has a statute, but does it really have the power? Yes. The U.S. Supreme Court “has repeatedly upheld Congress has a right to compel people to comply with its oversight efforts.” (LA Times)

Have anyone else ever been found in Contempt of Congress? Yes. According to the Congressional Research Service, the first Contempt of Congress was issued in 1795 and since 1980 nearly 30 people have been found in contempt including another Attorney General, Eric Holder.

What Happens if someone is found in Contempt?

“1) They [Congress} can tell the House or Senate sergeant at arms to detain or imprison the person in contempt until he or she honors congressional demands. This is called “inherent contempt.” But it’s super rare and hasn’t happened in modern times.

2) Congress can certify a contempt citation to the executive branch — headed by the President — to try to get the person criminally prosecuted.

3) Congress can ask the judicial branch to enforce a congressional subpoena. In other words, Congress can seek a federal court’s civil judgment saying the person is legally obligated to comply with the subpoena.”
(CNN)

What is Contempt of Congress? “Contempt of Congress is defined in statute, 2 U.S.C.A. § 192, enacted in 1938, which states that any person who is summoned before Congress who ‘willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry’ shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.” (Cornell Law School)

Congress has a statute, but does it really have the power? Yes. The U.S. Supreme Court “has repeatedly upheld Congress has a right to compel people to comply with its oversight efforts.” (LA Times)

Have anyone else ever been found in Contempt of Congress? Yes. According to the Congressional Research Service, the first Contempt of Congress was issued in 1795 and since 1980 nearly 30 people have been found in contempt including another Attorney General, Eric Holder.

What Happens if someone is found in Contempt?

“1) They [Congress} can tell the House or Senate sergeant at arms to detain or imprison the person in contempt until he or she honors congressional demands. This is called “inherent contempt.” But it’s super rare and hasn’t happened in modern times.

2) Congress can certify a contempt citation to the executive branch — headed by the President — to try to get the person criminally prosecuted.

3) Congress can ask the judicial branch to enforce a congressional subpoena. In other words, Congress can seek a federal court’s civil judgment saying the person is legally obligated to comply with the subpoena.”
(CNN)
You go Girl!

Nail that bastard for the misdemeanor that 30 people have been issued with since 1795, and Lesh can't find any actual prices paid. :abgg2q.jpg:

That'll show ol' ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Is Schiff going to bring out his iron-clad proof of Russian collusion?
Ummm? How does that fit with the topic of this thread, Meathead?
Please, don't confirm the oft-repeated trope of MAGAHats being ill-informed, under-educated partisans. Please don't disappoint us and claim that is how you self-identify, poster Meathead?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SS Stormtrooper Schiff, Nazi Sympathizer and Russian Mole.........
Fuck Schiff in the ass, twice.....He is a lying ball of shit.
Always good to hear from a couple of our more articulate contributors. However, their too frequent use of naughty words doesn't really add gravitas to the MAGAHat's imaging.
IMHO
Not that anyone is judging them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when faced with going to prison to protect trump.
Well, poster Dana, I demur.
After all, they will be loyal to Trump, knowing as they do that Trump....... will be loyal to them.
I'm absolutely positive of that, I think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He took a chainsaw to the Constitution going after President Trump.
Mike, you can come onto an internet chatroom using a fake name and whine and whine.
Or, you can come here and prove your point.
So, saddle up, Mike. Show us you got game. Prove what you say.
Or.........
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'd pay real money to see someone bitch slap that pussy on national television!!!
Ah, keyboard tough-guy having a keyboard tantrum.
I love this bar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Intel Committee Chairman who was caught 'red handed' illegally manufacturing fake evidence and attempting to submit it as actual / real against President Trump...

Show or go, poster easy65.
If you got the goods, then lay it out.
Lest folks think you are all bluff, bluster, and fakery.

That ain't how you want your reputation to go down.
As a Pillsbury Doughboy filled only with bluff & bluster.
Is it mi amigo?

Forum List

Back