Saturday

Why do you think that tyrant POS was arresting legislators in Maryland?
To keep from voting for secession, that's why.

DEMS UP TO THEIR OLD TRICKS AGAIN
TRYING TO RIG A STATE AS A SLAVE STATE

THE FIGHT BETWEEN SLAVE AND NON-SLAVE STATE PROPONENTS
As America began to expand, first with the lands gained from the Louisiana Purchaseand later with the Mexican War, the question of whether new states admitted to the union would be slave or free. The Missouri Compromise passed in 1820 made a rule that prohibited slavery in states from the former Louisiana Purchase the latitude 36 degrees 30 minutes north except in Missouri. During the Mexican War, conflict started about what would happen with the new territories that the US expected to gain upon victory.

David Wilmot proposed the Wilmot Proviso in 1846 which would ban slavery in the new lands. However, this was shot down to much debate. The Compromise of 1850was created by Henry Clay and others to deal with the balance between slave and free states, northern and southern interests. One of the provisions was the fugitive slave act. Another issue that further increased tensions was the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854. It created two new territories that would allow the states to use popular sovereignty to determine whether they would be free or slave. The real issue occurred in Kansas where pro-slavery Missourians began to pour into the state to help force it to be slave. They were called "Border Ruffians." Problems came to a head in violence at Lawrence, Kansas. The fighting that occurred caused it to be called "Bleeding Kansas." The fight even erupted on the floor of the senate when anti-slavery proponent Charles Sumner was beat over the head by South Carolina's Senator Preston Brooks.

5 Things That Caused the U.S. Civil War

Bullshit. Your posting history says otherwise.
:rofl: you dilapidated bag of dumbfuck. This has nothing to do with Trump. get the fuck outta here.
My posting history says I want trump to be murdered?
You are a goddamn idiot.
If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I have seen people calling for President Trump's Impeachment and even Assassination before he was even sworn in, and I am not happy about it. So I do not trust anyone's Intentions.

Lincoln had no choice. An attempt at ending slavery failed when previously Crown Loyalist Southern (Dem) slave owning states, said they would not join The Union if they did not get to keep their slaves. The original draft of our founding documents abolished slavery. We had to remove that to satisfy The South.

So we compromised on that, and put a limit on it, and a schedule to phase it out. Eventually we got to the point of granting states to territories on a 1 for 1 basis. Slave State & Free State. We had all kinds of issues between the States because of this as we tried to slowly phase out slavery.

Little skirmishes broke out all over the place between Free States and Slave states, and Abolitionists and Slavers. That single issue we compromised on to get The Crown Loyalist States to join the Union caused friction and strife for decades.

Exactly what is a president to do in a CIVIL WAR, with a country's own citizens killing each other. Brother against Brother, State Against State, and then finally The South Seceding From The Union?

Do you think Lincoln should have just let them go, when every type of compromise and negotiations failed to phase out The South's Appetite for Slave Labor?
The Confederacy tried to reach a compromise with Lincoln many times, to avoid war. They offered to pay their share of the national debt and pay for all federal installations within the Confederacy. Lincoln refused to meet with them and essentially told them to fuck off.

In his first inaugural he essentially said, you can have your slavery and we will even make it part of the Constitution, but you must pay federal tariffs or we will murder you and destroy your property.

Was that horrible war worth 850k dead Americans, lives of the living destroyed, untold amount of property destroyed?

Why is it that only the USA had a horrific war to end slavery, when slavery existed in many parts of the world and in most western hemisphere nations? Because Dishonest Abe wanted war...remember?...War is the health of the state...and Lincoln demanded a very healthy state.
You're crazy.

The South had already seceded before Lincoln took office and Buchanan did nothing about it.

Welcome to my iggy list moron.

You can be technically correct on an issue but be wrong in the big picture. States were trying to cede from the Union and some did before Lincoln actually took office, but we are talking in generalities here and one administration is an extension of another, although they may take a different path in governance.

Will be the anniversary of lincolns assassination.
Lincoln was a bloody tyrant. He shredded the rule of law to do what HE wanted to do. If that's not tyranny, nothing is.
But don't get me wrong, I hate he got assassinated. I have never wished that on one of our presidents. But he pushed it.
Abe Lincoln inherited a divided Nation in a state of Rebellion.

His first task was to commission generals who were left in the North to fight the Southern generals who were generally better. He thereby tried to secure strategic and tactical superiority enough to imprison Jefferson Davis and the Southern mirror government.

That never happened. Lincoln was assassinated by JW Booth shortly after the surrender of Lee at Appomattox VA but before the surrender of the rest of the South.

Lincoln operated within the US Constitution with the exception of his executive order called the Emancipation Proclamation. He did not have the right nor power from the Constitution to do so.

That's probably what pissed off Booth.

The Habeas Corpus Suspension Act of 1863 was an act of Congress not a unilateral declaration of Lincoln as often portrayed.

That probably also pissed off Booth as well though.

Last edited:
If a President violates the U.S. Constitution, should you or I get involved personally like Booth did ???

(In chess notation, three question marks is a blunder.)

We definitely should NOT. Our power is with respect to voting for Congressional representatives. It is up to them to impeach and try a wayward President.

On the other hand, should we surrender our guns when some dingbat like Ray Nagin tries to confiscate them ???

Hell no !!!

If you do then you risk ending up like a German Jew in a Nazi concentration camp.

That risk is not worth living through.

Better to die defending your guns than turn them over like in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina.

DEMS UP TO THEIR OLD TRICKS AGAIN
TRYING TO RIG A STATE AS A SLAVE STATE

THE FIGHT BETWEEN SLAVE AND NON-SLAVE STATE PROPONENTS
As America began to expand, first with the lands gained from the Louisiana Purchaseand later with the Mexican War, the question of whether new states admitted to the union would be slave or free. The Missouri Compromise passed in 1820 made a rule that prohibited slavery in states from the former Louisiana Purchase the latitude 36 degrees 30 minutes north except in Missouri. During the Mexican War, conflict started about what would happen with the new territories that the US expected to gain upon victory.

David Wilmot proposed the Wilmot Proviso in 1846 which would ban slavery in the new lands. However, this was shot down to much debate. The Compromise of 1850was created by Henry Clay and others to deal with the balance between slave and free states, northern and southern interests. One of the provisions was the fugitive slave act. Another issue that further increased tensions was the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854. It created two new territories that would allow the states to use popular sovereignty to determine whether they would be free or slave. The real issue occurred in Kansas where pro-slavery Missourians began to pour into the state to help force it to be slave. They were called "Border Ruffians." Problems came to a head in violence at Lawrence, Kansas. The fighting that occurred caused it to be called "Bleeding Kansas." The fight even erupted on the floor of the senate when anti-slavery proponent Charles Sumner was beat over the head by South Carolina's Senator Preston Brooks.

5 Things That Caused the U.S. Civil War

More on our attempts to phase out Slavery from the Inception of our Union

In his initial draft of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson condemned the injustice of the slave trade and, by implication, slavery, but he also blamed the presence of enslaved Africans in North America on avaricious British colonial policies. Jefferson thus acknowledged that slavery violated the natural rights of the enslaved, while at the same time he absolved Americans of any responsibility for owning slaves themselves. The Continental Congress apparently rejected the tortured logic of this passage by deleting it from the final document, but this decision also signaled the Founders’ commitment to subordinating the controversial issue of slavery to the larger goal of securing the unity and independence of the United States.

Nevertheless, the Founders, with the exception of those from South Carolina and Georgia, exhibited considerable aversion to slavery during the era of the Articles of Confederation (1781–89) by prohibiting the importation of foreign slaves to individual states and lending their support to a proposal by Jefferson to ban slavery in the Northwest Territory. Such antislavery policies, however, only went so far.

Despite initial disagreements over slavery at the Constitutional Convention in 1787, the Founders once again demonstrated their commitment to maintaining the unity of the new United States by resolving to diffuse sectional tensions over slavery. To this end the Founders drafted a series of constitutional clauses acknowledging deep-seated regional differences over slavery while requiring all sections of the new country to make compromises as well.

They granted slaveholding states the right to count three-fifths of their slave population when it came to apportioning the number of a state’s representatives to Congress, thereby enhancing Southern power in the House of Representatives. But they also used this same ratio to determine the federal tax contribution required of each state, thus increasing the direct federal tax burden of slaveholding states.

Georgians and South Carolinians won a moratorium until 1808 on any congressional ban against the importation of slaves, but in the meantime individual states remained free to prohibit slave imports if they so wished. Southerners also obtained the inclusion of a fugitive slave clause (see Fugitive Slave Acts) designed to encourage the return of runaway slaves who sought refuge in free states, but the Constitution left enforcement of this clause to the cooperation of the states rather than to the coercion of Congress.

Although the Founders, consistent with their beliefs in limited government, opposed granting the new federal government significant authority over slavery, several individual Northern Founders promoted antislavery causes at the state level. Benjamin Franklin in Pennsylvania, as well as John Jay and Alexander Hamilton in New York, served as officers in their respective state antislavery societies. The prestige they lent to these organizations ultimately contributed to the gradual abolition of slavery in each of the Northern states.

Although slavery was legal in every Northern state at the beginning of the American Revolution, its economic impact was marginal. As a result, Northern Founders were freer to explore the libertarian dimensions of Revolutionary ideology. The experience of Franklin was in many ways typical of the evolving attitudes of Northern Founders toward slavery. Although enmeshed in the slave system for much of his life, Franklin eventually came to believe that slavery ought to be abolished gradually and legally.

Franklin himself had owned slaves, run ads in his Pennsylvania Gazette to secure the return of fugitive slaves, and defended the honour of slaveholding revolutionaries. By 1781, however, Franklin had divested himself of slaves, and shortly thereafter he became the president of the Pennsylvania Abolition Society. He also went further than most of his contemporaries by signing a petition to the First Federal Congress in 1790 for the abolition of slavery and the slave trade.

The Founding Fathers and Slavery | Founding Fathers

Last edited:
Lincoln was a bloody tyrant. He shredded the rule of law to do what HE wanted to do. If that's not tyranny, nothing is.
But don't get me wrong, I hate he got assassinated. I have never wished that on one of our presidents. But he pushed it.

His first task was to commission generals who were left in the North to fight the Southern generals who were generally better. He thereby tried to secure strategic and tactical superiority enough to imprison Jefferson Davis and the Southern mirror government.

That never happened. Lincoln was assassinated by JW Booth shortly after the surrender of Lee at Appomattox VA but before the surrender of the rest of the South.

Lincoln operated within the US Constitution with the exception of his executive order called the Emancipation Proclamation. He did not have the right nor power from the Constitution to do so.

The Habeas Corpus Suspension Act of 1863 was an act of Congress not a unilateral declaration of Lincoln as often portrayed.

Arresting legislators and journalists for speaking against the govt is in the COTUS? Link?

Yesterday was also the anniversary of Firing on Fort Sumter.
Last week was the anniversary of the surrender of RE Lee to US "H" Grant at Appomattox, VA as well.

Lincoln was assassinated by Booth soon thereafter, and then VP Johnson had to finsh Lincoln's 2nd term and conclude the Civil War.

Arresting legislators and journalists for speaking against the govt is in the COTUS? Link?
Your link ??

No shifting the burden.

No moving the goalposts.

No red herrings.

You're cute TNHarley but you're not THAT cute.

Assassination is an act of desperation.

Booth accomplished very little other than implanting VP Johnson who granted Jefferson Davis amnesty.

Davis should have been hanged.

Same with RE Lee and his generals.

But VP Johnson was a Southerner and Grant had no stomach for it.

Your link ??

No shifting the burden.

No moving the goalposts.

No red herrings.

I didn't do any of that. You are just jellies because it completely defeated your position.

Your link ??

No shifting the burden.

No moving the goalposts.

No red herrings.

I didn't do any of that. You are just jellies because it completely defeated your position.
You still need a link.

Bullshit. Your posting history says otherwise.
I bet you do! Let me guess, I LOVE slavery, right? :lol:
No, you LOVE ASSASSINATIONS. especially if it's

Not Your President.

If Donald Trump is Not Your President.
Than this is NOT YOUR COUNTRY.
And you are NOT OUR CITIZEN.

Get the phuck out of my USA!
:rofl: you dilapidated bag of dumbfuck. This has nothing to do with Trump. get the fuck outta here.
My posting history says I want trump to be murdered?
You are a goddamn idiot.
He also has x-ray vision, since he said you were going on IGNORE.
Yesterday was also the anniversary of Firing on Fort Sumter.
Thanks for that!
Poor guys got provoked. Whatchagunnado? hehe

Your link ??

No shifting the burden.

No moving the goalposts.

No red herrings.

You still need a link.
No, I don't really need one. It was rhetorical because there isn't one.

Still celebrating those traitor confederates?

Nope. I am just blasting Lincoln for being a tyrant. Just because I don't like tyrants, doesn't mean I appreciate the other side. Get your head out of your ass, son.

Nope. I am just blasting Lincoln for being a tyrant. Just because I don't like tyrants, doesn't mean I appreciate the other side. Get your head out of your ass, son.

If he was a tyrant he would've had the southern leaders hung as traitors .

If he was a tyrant he would've had the southern leaders hung as traitors .
You can change definitions of words if you want. I wont partake.

That was quite some time ago, probably safe to say we all missed that party. Although, what's next? Do you want to rename the Lincoln Memorial, maybe ban pennies? The whole concept seems to be irrelevant to today.

Forum List

Back