Satanic Temple Wins IRS Rccognition as a Tax Exempt Church

I have no idea what the true religious beliefs of the Satanic Temple are. But of course, that's irrelevant. This is obviously just poking fun - pointing out the hypocrisy of our laws regarding religion.

The tax exemption thing, in particular, is a complete inversion of the intent of the First Amendment. It's pretty clear. It says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...". But the tax exemption does exactly that. By granting special perks to some religions - only those duly recognized by the state are awarded this prize - Congress is doing exactly what the founders wanted to avoid.

The Satanic Temple, isn't that the Vatican?

Nope. TST belongs on your side. Jesus said that he witnessed Lucifer fall from heaven like lightening. It means he traveled at the speed of light to reach Earth and become Satan. That means he fell as fast and as furious as he could. From Adam's sin, he became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." 2 Corinthians 4:4

It means God has given Lucifer, now Satan, limited powers over the unbelievers. Many places in the Bible state that this happens and it has. That's why I can say without question that TST members will fall under the power and influence of Satan. We'll see it as it unfolds.
Why would god let Satan reign if he didn’t have to? That’s dumb.

Are you calling God dumb? I explained in my previous post. One of the ways is shown with how atheists write God in lower case 'god,' which you did, and you wrote Satan in caps. You and they are under his influence. Another is you and they ignore John 3:16. Blaise Pascal said that belief in God should be the default, no not belief. Moreover, we have the tenet of the TST. Liberals and atheists are naturally drawn towards it and Baphomet. So, there is no question, Satan's influence has already begun.
So why would God make Satan and evil?

He didn't make Satan and evil. He made angel Lucifer, good, and free will. Lucifer made himself evil by going against God. The same with Adam and Eve who went against God. They were made good and have free will. Thus, we find that in order to have God good, we have to have Satan evil. It's the same for believers who have faith in the Bible and Christianity while atheists now are drawn towards Satan, who wants you to believe he does not exist and have no faith. What I am saying with TST is that atheists/agnostics, i.e. non-believers, will be under the influence of Satan and we see this has already begun. You and they will end up believing up is down and down is up. Baphomet commands you.
God had to have made the evil for it to be chosen by anyone. So my question is why?

I have no idea what the true religious beliefs of the Satanic Temple are. But of course, that's irrelevant. This is obviously just poking fun - pointing out the hypocrisy of our laws regarding religion.

The tax exemption thing, in particular, is a complete inversion of the intent of the First Amendment. It's pretty clear. It says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...". But the tax exemption does exactly that. By granting special perks to some religions - only those duly recognized by the state are awarded this prize - Congress is doing exactly what the founders wanted to avoid.

I'm not doubting what you wrote, but these people are serious. I'm not sure how it started out. Maybe it started out as poking fun at our laws, but TST is based on laws regarding religion and going against the beliefs of established religions such as Christianity. What better way for Satan to use his minions?

A religion is based on beliefs or else you have no religion. Just like secualr/atheist scientists believe in ToE and evolutionary thinking and history. It's not best theory anymore, but "faith-based" natural philosophy. It's how mainstream science has turned into fake science; it's all circumstantial evidence, not based on the scientific method.

Sorry, for my ranting, but here are TST tenets:
"There are seven fundamental tenets.

• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
  • Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word."

I think it shows they just care about what they consider "justice" and not laws and institutions. They want to continue a woman's right and abortion. No justice for infant rights. They consider being offensive to others is a freedom. What about the freedom to not be offended?

I'm sure it won't be long until they cause a disturbance in the US and elsewhere because this is what Satan would do with his minions.

Nope. TST belongs on your side. Jesus said that he witnessed Lucifer fall from heaven like lightening. It means he traveled at the speed of light to reach Earth and become Satan. That means he fell as fast and as furious as he could. From Adam's sin, he became "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." 2 Corinthians 4:4

It means God has given Lucifer, now Satan, limited powers over the unbelievers. Many places in the Bible state that this happens and it has. That's why I can say without question that TST members will fall under the power and influence of Satan. We'll see it as it unfolds.

Are you calling God dumb? I explained in my previous post. One of the ways is shown with how atheists write God in lower case 'god,' which you did, and you wrote Satan in caps. You and they are under his influence. Another is you and they ignore John 3:16. Blaise Pascal said that belief in God should be the default, no not belief. Moreover, we have the tenet of the TST. Liberals and atheists are naturally drawn towards it and Baphomet. So, there is no question, Satan's influence has already begun.

He didn't make Satan and evil. He made angel Lucifer, good, and free will. Lucifer made himself evil by going against God. The same with Adam and Eve who went against God. They were made good and have free will. Thus, we find that in order to have God good, we have to have Satan evil. It's the same for believers who have faith in the Bible and Christianity while atheists now are drawn towards Satan, who wants you to believe he does not exist and have no faith. What I am saying with TST is that atheists/agnostics, i.e. non-believers, will be under the influence of Satan and we see this has already begun. You and they will end up believing up is down and down is up. Baphomet commands you.
God had to have made the evil for it to be chosen by anyone. So my question is why?

I already explained :abgg2q.jpg:. It's not my fault you do not get opposites have to exist with free will.

I already explained :abgg2q.jpg:. It's not my fault you do not get opposites have to exist with free will.
So you agree that God made evil on purpose. Good for you.

Baphomet-statue-detroit-satanic-temple-400x390.jpg

Actually, he didn't so it's bad for you. Getting sent to the LOWER DEPTHS of hell is not pleasant.

Baphomet will say that won't happen, but he's the father of lies -- father of lies Archives - by Noah Filipiak.

Let the taz fall where they may.

Baphomet-statue-detroit-satanic-temple-400x390.jpg

Actually, he didn't so it's bad for you. Getting sent to the LOWER DEPTHS of hell is not pleasant.

Baphomet will say that won't happen, but he's the father of lies -- father of lies Archives - by Noah Filipiak.

Let the taz fall where they may.
You're displaying some of God's evil.

Evil isn't extant.

Are you evil? Or do you do evil for the sake of your own good.

I bet you believe you are a moral person. amirite?

Evil isn't extant.

Shut up idiot, I'm not talking to you.

Evil isn't extant.

Shut up idiot, I'm not talking to you.
Sometimes the truth hurts before it helps. :)

God created existence ~14 billion years ago. Stop reading Genesis literally.

Long time wasn't required by God even though he is timeless. That comes in the next life. What happens if a believer believes that which is wrong? They could end up getting lost. Some of the most heated discussions I've heard was brother against brother. The general policy for Protestants was to go by God's word. Not human interpretation since false teachers were placed in the church. Pope Francis said long time was okay in not so many words.

You're displaying some of God's evil.

Maybe it's a warning. You seem intent on logically proving God created evil.

God created heat. He didn't have to create cold as it is the absence of heat. God created light. He didn't have to create dark as it is the absence of light. Got created good. He didn't have to create evil as it is the absence of good. The opposite has to exist as one cannot exist without the other. Remember everything in this world happens via heat transfer.

One of the problems I have with god is that he just can not handle money well. He always needs more. One would think that if he created everything, creating money should be a walk in the park.

Satan is as legitimate as any other religion

Agreed. I think believing in Satan is important and how he is powerful and has influence as "the god of the world and prince of the power of the air." Yet, those who do not believe in God nor Satan will be the first to fall under Satan's influence.

God created existence ~14 billion years ago. Stop reading Genesis literally.

Long time wasn't required by God even though he is timeless. That comes in the next life. What happens if a believer believes that which is wrong? They could end up getting lost. Some of the most heated discussions I've heard was brother against brother. The general policy for Protestants was to go by God's word. Not human interpretation since false teachers were placed in the church. Pope Francis said long time was okay in not so many words.
So it just looks like the universe was created 14 billion years ago?

Do Satanic Temples have Bingo on Tuesday nights?

If not, they are not a legitimate religion

Forum List

Back