Satanic Group unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma Capitol

Fed property is off limits.

state property is not.
Link please, because in Alabama, they were forced to remove a statue of the 10 Commandments in a "state" building.

Following a seven-day trial, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson gave Chief Justice Roy Moore 30 days to remove the two-and-a-half ton monument to the Judeo-Christian text he had erected last year in the rotunda of the State Judicial Building.

The federal court held that Moore violated the Constitution when he "installed a two-and-a-half ton monument in the most prominent place in a government building, managed with dollars from all state taxpayers, with the specific purpose and effect of establishing a permanent recognition of the 'sovereignty of God,' the Judeo-Christian God, over all citizens in this country, regardless of each taxpaying citizen's individual personal beliefs or lack thereof. To this, the Establishment clause says no."

https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/alabamas-chief-judge-ordered-remove-ten-commandments-monument-courthouse

Take the time to think about it.
Yes, I thought about it, and I think you're pulling information out of your rear.

interesting. I think that's wrong, but what ya gunna do in a tyranny?

How do you feel about the incan blood gods that have been erected on public land?
about states not enforcing Fed drug laws?
or states not enforcing ICE or immigration laws?

are these different somehow?

I guess someone has to file charges....otherwise there is nothing happening.

They've been persecuted since they came into being.
inaccurate!

Persecution of Jews has occurred on many occasions and at widely different geographical locations. Persecution has been a major part of Jewish history, and it has affected the history and social development of the countries and societies in which the persecution occurred. Europe and the Middle East have been chief areas of persecution throughout the ages.

So let's give everybody reparations. I'm all for it.

I'm pretty sure I'm descended from celts who were enslaved by Babylonian Tyrants. So you go find the descendants of those guys and get me my money.

inaccurate!

Persecution of Jews has occurred on many occasions and at widely different geographical locations. Persecution has been a major part of Jewish history, and it has affected the history and social development of the countries and societies in which the persecution occurred. Europe and the Middle East have been chief areas of persecution throughout the ages.

I could have sworn that was pretty much what I said.

inaccurate!

I could have sworn that was pretty much what I said.
nope! this is what you said : http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...sign-for-oklahoma-capitol-13.html#post8425165

So let's give everybody reparations. I'm all for it.

I'm pretty sure I'm descended from celts who were enslaved by Babylonian Tyrants. So you go find the descendants of those guys and get me my money.
you're one of those people who had their genealogy done by the people who bought you the slap chop and the electronic parakeet..

Well, that's the original point I was making. It was left up to later religious reformers to suppose that people had individuality apart from their whole community.

Hardly.

One of the revolutionary aspects of the Hebrew religion was the notion that individuals were answerable to a non-corporeal power who held status above Earthly rulers.

The concept of a god-king was the foundation of most societies, with the civic rulers the highest authority. The Hebrew God placed the King as no better than the commoner, with Saul and even David paying huge price for their arrogance and defiance.

Your point is contrived bullshit and completely at odds with the facts. To be sure, the Hebrews were chosen and the Amelakites the target of genocide, but that speaks to nationalism from a macro standpoint and has not a fucking thing to do with individualism.

Link please, because in Alabama, they were forced to remove a statue of the 10 Commandments in a "state" building.

Following a seven-day trial, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson gave Chief Justice Roy Moore 30 days to remove the two-and-a-half ton monument to the Judeo-Christian text he had erected last year in the rotunda of the State Judicial Building.

The federal court held that Moore violated the Constitution when he "installed a two-and-a-half ton monument in the most prominent place in a government building, managed with dollars from all state taxpayers, with the specific purpose and effect of establishing a permanent recognition of the 'sovereignty of God,' the Judeo-Christian God, over all citizens in this country, regardless of each taxpaying citizen's individual personal beliefs or lack thereof. To this, the Establishment clause says no."

https://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/alabamas-chief-judge-ordered-remove-ten-commandments-monument-courthouse

Yes, I thought about it, and I think you're pulling information out of your rear.

How do you feel about the incan blood gods that have been erected on public land?

so it's ok to break the law, except when you don't like it.

John Kerry on

"The Hebrew God placed the King as no better than the commoner, with Saul and even David paying huge price for their arrogance and defiance.

Bullshit. When the kings sinned other people died for it (according to the Bible). The "sinful census" lead not to David's death, but innocent people. When Solomon had the Bathsheda affair, it cost his newborn it's life.

It wasn't until the reformer Ezekiel came along that this sense of morality changed to one of individual responsibility:
"Behold, all souls are Mine;
The soul of the father
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die"

Later the reformer Locke expanded this to mean individual RIGHTS.

so it's ok to break the law, except when you don't like it.

John Kerry on
wouldn't you be more likely to break a law you don't like as opposed to one you do?
examples: the Jim crow laws.
old anti abortion laws .

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma - ABC News

Satan-statue-design-610x400.jpg

There is no scripture that reinforces that Satan is benevolent towards children. Now if the stature featured Satan overseeing forced sex with children, that might be different story indeed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back