Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

There is a god!!! I can't believe it!!

The Republicans have enough trouble without adding this one to the list. Maybe she should take a job with ESPN anyhow. Bristol CT,, that is her kind of place. She would fit right in!!:clap2:

The Democrats wanted her to run. Go figure.

She's a GOP fundraising powerhouse, I don't know any reason other than an upcoming scandal that would keep her from serving her term.. I can understand her not running for a second term but stepping down now is fool hearty.

when your family is under that much scrutiny, there is a point at which you can't take another day of it.

Maybe but why didn't she say that? Even after she spoke, we still don't know her reasoning. There is only speculation and I don't think Rs are the only ones who get to speculate about this.
she DID say that
didnt you listen to what she said?

There is a god!!! I can't believe it!!

The Republicans have enough trouble without adding this one to the list. Maybe she should take a job with ESPN anyhow. Bristol CT,, that is her kind of place. She would fit right in!!:clap2:

The Democrats wanted her to run. Go figure.

and I would have laughed my ass off if she'd have won.

And if she is quitting due to the unbearable presure, you idiots need to take a look at these fucking weak asses you want in power. Sandford, Palin, just the latest wimps the GOP has produced. Thank God they're only governors. I'd hate to see a president run away crying because his feelings got hurt.

And if she is quitting due to the unbearable presure, you idiots need to take a look at these fucking weak asses you want in power. Sandford, Palin, just the latest wimps the GOP has produced. Thank God they're only governors. I'd hate to see a president run away crying because his feelings got hurt.

you'd rather have one that continued to allow the media to destroy their family.

I do not think this has anything to do with her interest in running as Senate, or President! She has had enough of the BS and I don't blame her one bit.

It isn't really BS, with her it's just one drama after another..

I don't think the Republican leadership wants her to run this time. She did keep rambling about something or other being the best thing for the team.
McCain dissed her last week, but still that shouldn't have affected her job as Gov. Very unusual for a governor to step down mid-term. :eusa_eh:

Stepping down after 2.5 years into her first term and she was on the campaign trail for 6 Months of that. Curious.

Having given this some thought, I find that Gov. Palin managed to pull off a first strike against the State Run media.

It is very likely that she and her advisers ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that the media was going to do anything they could to ensure that she would lose the re-election bid for Governor. Since the media has set their resources on doing everything in their immense power to ruin her, she also managed to give the GOP a good chance of holding the seat. This can be deduced from her remark about being a "Lame Duck". For that is certainly what she would be while under attack and possibly after she lost the re-election.

By placing the incumbent Lt. Governor in the position of having the 'high ground' she gave the GOP a better then even chance of retaining that seat.

As for her political aspirations after she resigns, that she managed to keep to herself. Good for her.

I will only say this. Only a fool will underestimate what she will do next.
Makes sense...party before country, or in this case state, has long been the GOP way.

it's dosen't get any worse than the garbage running this country now, anything would be an improvement. anything!

you'd rather have one that continued to allow the media to destroy their family.

Sure. The Media.

I forget, was it NBC or CBS that knocked up her daughter?

another person effectively destroyed by the bastards from the left! good going assholes!

The media will eat you up and destroy you if you don't know how to handle them. She had no clue what she was in for. But the problem isn't what the media did to her... it's that she had no idea what she was doing, had no knowledge of events and no understanding of them.

nope,, it was pure destruction from the left.. she has done nothing but defend herself since the election.. you guys are assholes pure and simple.. I hope you enjoy your victory.. it will come back to haunt your ass some day. I believe in Karma!

Ah, how the sweet is the bitterness of con idiots. Especially the ones who are so deep in denial...:muahaha:

This might actually be a setback for the Dems, though, because Gov. Mooseburgers would have been sure loss for the GOP in 2012. OOh well....

Having given this some thought, I find that Gov. Palin managed to pull off a first strike against the State Run media.

It is very likely that she and her advisers ran the numbers and came to the conclusion that the media was going to do anything they could to ensure that she would lose the re-election bid for Governor. Since the media has set their resources on doing everything in their immense power to ruin her, she also managed to give the GOP a good chance of holding the seat. This can be deduced from her remark about being a "Lame Duck". For that is certainly what she would be while under attack and possibly after she lost the re-election.

By placing the incumbent Lt. Governor in the position of having the 'high ground' she gave the GOP a better then even chance of retaining that seat.

As for her political aspirations after she resigns, that she managed to keep to herself. Good for her.

I will only say this. Only a fool will underestimate what she will do next.
Makes sense...party before country, or in this case state, has long been the GOP way.

Bingo.

All bullshit aside, the fact is she has abandonned the people who elected her, her state. She has forsaken her duties and her oath. It's the stuff deserters are made of.

Palin to resign as Alaska governor
Former VP hopeful says she'll work for change from outside government

NBC News and news services
updated 35 minutes ago

WASILLA, Alaska - Sarah Palin made a surprise announcement Friday that she will resign as governor of Alaska in a few weeks, saying she will try to "affect positive change" from outside government.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate hastily called a news conference Friday morning at her home in suburban Wasilla, giving such short notice that only a few reporters actually made it to the announcement.

contd

Palin to resign as Alaska governor - More politics- msnbc.com

and I would have laughed my ass off if she'd have won.

Would you seriously want her running this country?

It'd be just desserts for all the people who ridiculed and abused her. She wouldn't be my first choice but I take her over Obama in a New York second.

I disagree. She's popular and as I said a phenomenol fundraiser, ambitious but she's more like a Dan Quayle than an Obama or Hillary Clinton.

I think the GOP leadership wanted her to stop thinking she's going to run for president or there's another scandal.

Forum List

Back