Sarah Palin - compilation thread

technically, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain. She was a mayor and is governor. She was on the city council, but that is not executive experience. She is actually in charge and the head of something. She is not a person that votes on issues along with others or simply on a committee. There is a reason many senators and congressmen don't make it in the oval office (last one was JFK, btw). They aren't leaders in the sense of being solely in charge like a governor. They don't have executive experience. She has it. She is the only one one either ticket with it.

How is any of that going to help her with the major global threats we face, i.e. terrorism??

And as a mother, I can't even imagine serving in the White house with a special needs two year old and four additional small children! What sort of family values is that?? I understand working while raising kids, I do it myself (though not til they were off to school and then only during school hours), but the VP spot ... ??! Her children won't ever see her!

How can she be so new to politics, and already so dirty?

She tried to use her public power to have her sister's husband fired, so that her sister would win a custody dispute.

She has only been governor for a few months!

God help us if this under-qualified nobody with a penchant for dirty politics gets her hands on the White House!

Back up your mouth. Fact is she said feel free to investigate her on the matter.

Do a little research before running your suck.

This is my rant.

McCain has the female base, now?....

Does Mccain think this stuff through, IM not quite sure he does? Lets face it he doesn't. OK, Let's add a woman (Palin) to the ticket. We can grab those Hillary voters for sure now. McCain "assuming" that just because a woman is on the ticket that he is going be able to get that vote, because of this move. IM sure that women will not vote for a woman just because she on the ticket. Women don't vote on the gender as the Mccain camp would like you to believe. If women did vote on gender, then what was the big issue over rumors Obama picking a female senator from Kansas, that was not Hillary. The women hated it. See my point?

McCain's thought process?....

What about the problems, and the forseen-bagage that came along with this pick? I don't think McCain gave any credence to that thought. Seeing as the Hillary voters was only thing on McCain's mind, he didn't give any thought beyond that. I can see that McCain doesn't think long term when picking a Vice president. What was one thing McCain hammered again and again? It was the "experience" issue. So they pick Sara Palin. "Opps." She has considerably less experience then Obama. But I guess McCain forgot about that "issue" didn't he?

You would assume that McCain wouldn't want a pick that could bring "controversy" to the table for the McCain campaign. Well, she does bring "controversy" to the table. It looks to be a another big fault by McCain, in choosing Palin as a Vice president. Lets not worry though because "I" McCain will have that female vote that wouldn't vote for Obama come this fall.

What about the picking "a" Vice President for a state? That would be a smater move on Mccain's part. His pick wasn't though. McCain didn't see a state strategy as working? Palin doesn't help him in this department at all. I assumed he would want to fight for every state he could win. Tom Ridge and Pennsylvania Vs Biden and Pennsylvania there is a battle for that state.

There is my rant.

Nice but I think you might want to quit playing McCain and his staff for being dumbasses.
experience ? If the dems are gonna bash her they will be bashing Obama at the same time as Gem so eloquently put it.
She's way more than a female token BTW so I wouldnt try to take that too far and so far the only baggage that has been dug up is silly shit.
Cmon--this is gonna be fun !

While I appreciate how well you have spelled out your problems with Palin (and understand, I am not thrilled about the choice)...I think you are making the dangerous mistake of underestimating your opponent if you think that McCain chose Palin simply to pull Hillary voters away from Obama.

This doesn't make sense for a number of reasons...reasons that McCain and his people had to have known before they made their choice. To name a few:

1) Palin is a nobody politically-speaking. To assume that women who supported such a well-known person as Hillary are simply going to turn over and vote McCain because he nominated someone with breasts is stupid. Republicans may think Democrats are dumb, but not that dumb.

2) Palin, as far as I know, is ardently Pro-Life. Many female Democrats consider a woman's right to choose to be a non-debatable, deal-breaking issue. If a candidate is not pro-choice, they will not vote for them. In a sense, this choice by McCain may have actually COST him Hillary cross-over votes...instead of won them.

3) Palin, being inexperienced and unknown, comes across as a pandering choice. I have already spoken to two of my liberal friends who stated that McCain only chose her so that he could have a woman on his ticket - one thought it was because he was trying to combat the desire to vote for "the first" of something, either the first black president, or the first woman vp. The other thought it was to win women who wanted to vote for Hillary. Either way, many women feel that this choice was actually insulting because they feel it implies that McCain feels they will vote for him simply because he has a woman on his ticket. Not necessarily the way to win an election.

And say what you will about McCain...up to now, he hasn't been outright stupid in any of his decisions...so one has to ask...

If he didn't choose Palin to win Hillary voters (which I really don't think he did for the reasons I've illustrated above)...

Why did he choose her?

Bottom line is, picking Sarah for VP was an absolute home run, and the writing is on the wall. The libs are pissed and it shows, because they know now the ball game is over and they're going to lose, possibly HUGE. It's EXACTLY what McCain needed to do to energize the conservative base, and he did it in spades.

What a relief it is to be able to finally relax knowing we won't have a racist preacher adoring, inexperienced, terrorist loving, felon coddling, gas bag with no clue on how to run a country, liberal who would splash and burn the economy for President.

Last edited:
She was on city council for a town of 5500 then was mayor of that same towne... wtf... then two years of real executive experience.. Is your stance that she actually has better experience or more executive...

So, you are suggesting that someone not from a well-populated area is qualified to be president? Also, she has more experience in an executive roll. Whether being in charge of a state is "better" experience or sitting and voting as part of a committee like state and federal senates is "better" experience is your own personal view.

While I appreciate how well you have spelled out your problems with Palin (and understand, I am not thrilled about the choice)...I think you are making the dangerous mistake of underestimating your opponent if you think that McCain chose Palin simply to pull Hillary voters away from Obama.

This doesn't make sense for a number of reasons...reasons that McCain and his people had to have known before they made their choice. To name a few:

1) Palin is a nobody politically-speaking. To assume that women who supported such a well-known person as Hillary are simply going to turn over and vote McCain because he nominated someone with breasts is stupid. Republicans may think Democrats are dumb, but not that dumb.

2) Palin, as far as I know, is ardently Pro-Life. Many female Democrats consider a woman's right to choose to be a non-debatable, deal-breaking issue. If a candidate is not pro-choice, they will not vote for them. In a sense, this choice by McCain may have actually COST him Hillary cross-over votes...instead of won them.

3) Palin, being inexperienced and unknown, comes across as a pandering choice. I have already spoken to two of my liberal friends who stated that McCain only chose her so that he could have a woman on his ticket - one thought it was because he was trying to combat the desire to vote for "the first" of something, either the first black president, or the first woman vp. The other thought it was to win women who wanted to vote for Hillary. Either way, many women feel that this choice was actually insulting because they feel it implies that McCain feels they will vote for him simply because he has a woman on his ticket. Not necessarily the way to win an election.

And say what you will about McCain...up to now, he hasn't been outright stupid in any of his decisions...so one has to ask...

If he didn't choose Palin to win Hillary voters (which I really don't think he did for the reasons I've illustrated above)...

Why did he choose her?

Clue--think energy for starters ! She has already been toe to toe with the oil companies. Don't be fooled by the pretty face.

Exactly...McCain choosing her has little to nothing to do with winning Clinton voters...and we would all be wise to pick up on that and start looking at these other reasons.

As women see a chance for a female vs. female..race in 2012....would you vote for a woman due to her sex over her views on issues?

As a woman, I would like to see a woman in the vp or presidential slot but not a figure head. I would like to see a well qualified woman.

Men, will you vote against a candidate due to her sex? and why?

Do you really think a lot of women in America that were going to vote for Obama will vote for McCain now that Palin is his running mate?

I give more credit to the women of America, at least the ones I know!

How is any of that going to help her with the major global threats we face, i.e. terrorism??

And as a mother, I can't even imagine serving in the White house with a special needs two year old and four additional small children! What sort of family values is that?? I understand working while raising kids, I do it myself (though not til they were off to school and then only during school hours), but the VP spot ... ??! Her children won't ever see her!

oh bull---she has a husband silly. They have DONE THIS ALREADY

Why did he choose her?

To shore up the religious base and take some of Obama's 'diversity' thunder.

The evangelical leaders are reportedly very happy with this pick. Personally, I can't stomach the thought of a woman taking a job like this when she has a special needs two year old at home. But then I lost my first baby (heart defect) so maybe I have a different perspective on parenthood.

It makes me ill to think she would leave her parenting responsibilities in order to take the VP slot. Either the parenting suffers, or the VP spot does. You can't hire out parenthood, and say that you are a family values person, imo.

:eek: :cuckoo: <vomit>

/end of rant, for now.

Last edited:
she has a 4 month old baby with downs.....why would she want this job...taking more time away from a child who needs her....

or is this simple conservative compassion again...i will force you to have a child ...just hope you have the funds for a nanny if the child is handicap. she would have known by the 4 th month that her child had downs. What is better...her refusal to abort....or her refusal to give the child the time from her that it needs?

Oh, I can't wait for someone to make a comment like that on a national stage. Women will flock to the polls to vote this woman in if someone make such a careless, ignorant remark.

To shore up the religious base and take some of Obama's 'diversity' thunder.

The evangelical leaders are reportedly very happy with this pick. Personally, I can't stomach the thought of a woman taking a job like this when she has a special needs two year old at home. But then I lost my first baby (heart defect) so maybe I have a different perspective on parenthood.

It makes me ill to think she would leave her parenting responsibilities in order to take the VP slot. Either the parenting suffers, or the VP spot does. You can't hire out parenthood, and say that you are a family values person, imo.

:eek: :cuckoo: <vomit>

/end of rant, for now.

FATHERS CAN RAISE CHILDREN TOO. Go ahead and try to claim they can't and see what kind of backlash you get. You don't even know who they guy is yet !

The question is, which is better - to take the VP spot and leave your five children including the down's baby (I thought he was 2 but must have been wrong there) to the sitter for 16 hours/day, or to say to McCain, thanks but no thanks my family needs me and I am busy enough running alaska thankyouverymuch.

God. If she sells as family values, I will be sick.

Forum List

Back