Sandy Hook Massacre ----> Home Schooled Kids Need State Monitoring

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Never let a tragedy go to waste. Here's a way for State bureaucrats to extend their control of home schooled kids and bring them back under State control. Adam Lanza, educated up until age 16 by public schools, home schooled for a few months by his mother to prepare him to earn a GED and thus enroll in Western Connecticut State University shortly thereafter clearly shows, to these bureaucrats, the danger of allowing home schooled children to be taught by their parents.

Parents who home-school children with significant emotional, social or behavioral problems would have to file progress reports prepared by special education program teams, under a proposal being considered by the governor's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission.

Commission members acknowledged Tuesday that the proposal, contained in a tentative section of the panel's final report, could be controversial and prompt opposition from parents of home-schooled children across the state.

But the commission, which is preparing its final report to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, said tighter scrutiny of home-schoolers may be needed to prevent an incident such as the December 2012 slaughter of 20 first-graders and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. The murders were carried out by Adam Lanza, a disturbed 20-year-old who had been home-schooled by his mother, Nancy Lanza, whom he also shot to death on the morning of his murder spree. . . . .

"Given the individuals involved in the tragedy that formed the basis of this commission, I think we have thought this issue out at some length and we believe it is very germane and that the actual facts leading up to this incident support the notion of the risk in not addressing social and emotional learning needs of children who may have significant needs in that area who are home-schooled," said commissioner member Dr. Harold I. Schwartz, psychiatrist-in-chief at Hartford Hospital's Institute of Living.
Everyone knows about the one-drop rule for determining whether a person has black ancestry and should therefore be classed a black, well this is the one-day rule, one day of home schooling is enough to have you classed as a home schooled kid forever. Lanza was home schooled for just a few months because his mother had troubles with how the school was educating him. She completed his schooling and had him enrolled in university, but to this commission Lanza was the product of home schooling.

Liberals. What can we do with them?

Any time a significant number of people engage in an activity there is government which wants to monitor, register, supervise, oversee, regulate and probably tax it. This is an assault on freedom, nothing more.

Any time a significant number of people engage in an activity there is government which wants to monitor, register, supervise, oversee, regulate and probably tax it. This is an assault on freedom, nothing more.
thankfully they must be to busy to get around to swingers or religion.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. Here's a way for State bureaucrats to extend their control of home schooled kids and bring them back under State control. Adam Lanza, educated up until age 16 by public schools, home schooled for a few months by his mother to prepare him to earn a GED and thus enroll in Western Connecticut State University shortly thereafter clearly shows, to these bureaucrats, the danger of allowing home schooled children to be taught by their parents.

Parents who home-school children with significant emotional, social or behavioral problems would have to file progress reports prepared by special education program teams, under a proposal being considered by the governor's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission.

Commission members acknowledged Tuesday that the proposal, contained in a tentative section of the panel's final report, could be controversial and prompt opposition from parents of home-schooled children across the state.

But the commission, which is preparing its final report to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, said tighter scrutiny of home-schoolers may be needed to prevent an incident such as the December 2012 slaughter of 20 first-graders and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. The murders were carried out by Adam Lanza, a disturbed 20-year-old who had been home-schooled by his mother, Nancy Lanza, whom he also shot to death on the morning of his murder spree. . . . .

"Given the individuals involved in the tragedy that formed the basis of this commission, I think we have thought this issue out at some length and we believe it is very germane and that the actual facts leading up to this incident support the notion of the risk in not addressing social and emotional learning needs of children who may have significant needs in that area who are home-schooled," said commissioner member Dr. Harold I. Schwartz, psychiatrist-in-chief at Hartford Hospital's Institute of Living.
Everyone knows about the one-drop rule for determining whether a person has black ancestry and should therefore be classed a black, well this is the one-day rule, one day of home schooling is enough to have you classed as a home schooled kid forever. Lanza was home schooled for just a few months because his mother had troubles with how the school was educating him. She completed his schooling and had him enrolled in university, but to this commission Lanza was the product of home schooling.

You sure are obsessed with blacks.... you even managed to get them in to a non related topic....

Sheesh.... you need an exorcism by your priest....

You sure are obsessed with blacks.... you even managed to get them in to a non related topic....

I'm open to you teaching me a better way. Let's review the fact - Lanza was taught in schools his entire life with the exception of a few months of home schooling by his mother in order to get him GED so that he could immediately thereafter enter University and this while his school peers were still in high school. The committee chooses to characterize Lanza as a home schooled kid. That sure sounds like a one-drop rule kind of thinking. Now that you've disqualified that description, you can instruct me on a better term of reference to explain why a few months of home schooling qualifies for the label of Home Schooled.

The floor is yours.

Like most shooters, the kid was on prescription drugs.

Homeschooling is not the problem, but Public Schooling isn't the answer either.

I'm open to you teaching me a better way. Let's review the fact - Lanza was taught in schools his entire life with the exception of a few months of home schooling by his mother in order to get him GED so that he could immediately thereafter enter University and this while his school peers were still in high school. The committee chooses to characterize Lanza as a home schooled kid. That sure sounds like a one-drop rule kind of thinking. Now that you've disqualified that description, you can instruct me on a better term of reference to explain why a few months of home schooling qualifies for the label of Home Schooled.

The floor is yours.

When he was under the supervision of the Public Schools, he wasn't going around shooting people. The schools got him the help he needed and made sure he took his medication.

When he was under Mom's "Home-Skule" supervision, he stopped taking his medications, she let him play first person shooter video games for hours on end, and she had enough weapons in the house to fight off the Zombie Apocalypse.

It's an assault by Democrat public school teacher's unions, outraged at the fact that 14 year-old home schooled kids know how to read.

Unfortunately, they don't know how to socialize.

I mean, I'll be honest, I don't think I've encountered a "Home Skuler" in the workplace in 22 years of working in the Private Sector and 11 years in the military.

Tell us Joe how was Homeschooling affecting his psychiatric state when, at the time of the shootings, he was 20 years old and had already attended University for 2 years?

Tell us how Home Schooling was the problem when Home Schooling was the only reason he got his GED?

It's an assault by Democrat public school teacher's unions, outraged at the fact that 14 year-old home schooled kids know how to read.

I mean, I'll be honest, I don't think I've encountered a "Home Skuler" in the workplace in 22 years of working in the Private Sector and 11 years in the military.
So how do you know they don't know how to socialize? By watching TV?

Under the proposal, home-schooled children with behavioral and emotional disabilities would have to have individualized education plans approved by the special education director of the local public school district. Allowing for the continued home-schooling of such children would be predicated on the individualized plans and "adequate progress" documented in mandatory annual reports.

3LNBZ4l.png

Why?

"All people are born alike—except Republicans and Democrats," quipped Groucho Marx, and in fact it turns out that personality differences between liberals and conservatives are evident in early childhood. In 1969, Berkeley professors Jack and Jeanne Block embarked on a study of childhood personality, asking nursery school teachers to rate children's temperaments. They weren't even thinking about political orientation.

Twenty years later, they decided to compare the subjects' childhood personalities with their political preferences as adults. They found arresting patterns. As kids, liberals had developed close relationships with peers and were rated by their teachers as self-reliant, energetic, impulsive, and resilient. People who were conservative at age 23 had been described by their teachers as easily victimized, easily offended, indecisive, fearful, rigid, inhibited, and vulnerable at age 3. The reason for the difference, the Blocks hypothesized, was that insecure kids most needed the reassurance of tradition and authority, and they found it in conservative politics.
Psychology Today

Rikurzhen ...I found you a new avatar...

images

You are welcome!

Tell us Joe how was Homeschooling affecting his psychiatric state when, at the time of the shootings, he was 20 years old and had already attended University for 2 years?

Tell us how Home Schooling was the problem when Home Schooling was the only reason he got his GED?

HOme schooling was the problem because he wasn't getting the medical attention he required. Which is why he failed out of University a good 3 years before he started hunting Wascally Preschoolers.

So how do you know they don't know how to socialize? By watching TV?

I wondered the same thing. Make a generalizing comment, then admit you haven't a clue what you've just said is true?

Socialization that prevents wackos doesn't necessarily happen within a public school. Columbine shooters were not homeschooled.

Regardless the state is not proposing that homeschooling be banned, they only want to include more paperwork for homeschooling parents to complete in the process. I don't see how this is a big deal.

HOme schooling was the problem because he wasn't getting the medical attention he required. Which is why he failed out of University a good 3 years before he started hunting Wascally Preschoolers.

Wrong. Want To Tell The State To Stick It Homeschool Your Kids - Forbes

Under the proposal, home-schooled children with behavioral and emotional disabilities would have to have individualized education plans approved by the special education director of the local public school district. Allowing for the continued home-schooling of such children would be predicated on the individualized plans and "adequate progress" documented in mandatory annual reports.

3LNBZ4l.png

Why?

In 1969, Berkeley professors Jack and Jeanne Block embarked on a study of childhood personality, asking nursery school teachers to rate children's temperaments. They weren't even thinking about political orientation.

Twenty years later, they decided to compare the subjects' childhood personalities with their political preferences as adults. They found arresting patterns. As kids, liberals had developed close relationships with peers and were rated by their teachers as self-reliant, energetic, impulsive, and resilient. People who were conservative at age 23 had been described by their teachers as easily victimized, easily offended, indecisive, fearful, rigid, inhibited, and vulnerable at age 3. The reason for the difference, the Blocks hypothesized, was that insecure kids most needed the reassurance of tradition and authority, and they found it in conservative politics.
Psychology Today

You are welcome!

How did psychologists from Berkeley define "liberal" in 1989?

That is what white supremacists do...

3LNBZ4l.png

Why?

In 1969, Berkeley professors Jack and Jeanne Block embarked on a study of childhood personality, asking nursery school teachers to rate children's temperaments. They weren't even thinking about political orientation.

Psychology Today

You are welcome!

How did psychologists from Berkeley define "liberal" in 1989?

Psychologists from Berkley did not 'define' liberals or conservatives...they defined themselves.

Forum List

Back