Sander's and Hillary's Fake Middle Class

Is $250,000 a year in household income “middle class”?

That sort of income puts a family in the top 5 percent of American earners, which seems like an overgenerous definition of “middle class.” Why, then, are Democrats so allergic to raising taxes on people who make less than this fabled cutoff?

You have to go back to Reagan in his attempt to "simplify" the tax brackets. It was the supply side Republicans who developed a "one size fits all" tax bracket for the wealthy
Someone who makes $250,000 was taxed at the same 38% rate as someone making tens of millions

Right now, anyone making over $400,000 pays the higher rate

The question is...why aren't those making over $1 million a year paying a 50% tax rate?

Caution! Do not attempt to read this if you have an IQ lower than 100.
IF you are a LIberal it may bother you all day.
Sanders's and Clinton's Fake Middle Class

If you have an IQ that registers at all, perhaps you can elucidate us on what a "Sander" is.

212-2458_PI_TPS1149494

Learn to speak English.

The question is...why aren't those making over $1 million a year paying a 50% tax rate?

I think the better question is why should they?

Because contrary to trickle down theory, we were much more productive when we actually maintained a positive revenue stream

In the 40s...we fought and won WWII
In the 50s ...we built the interstate highway system
In the 60's we sent a man to the moon

What is our nations major achievement since Reagan slashed the top tax rates ?
Debt?

Because contrary to trickle down theory, we were much more productive when we actually maintained a positive revenue stream

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

I can recall I-65 being finished in KY in the mid-1960s. I can recall I-20 between Birmingham and Atlanta being finished in the 1980s.

Are you certain it was the 50s?

I guess you are as right about those facts as you are about tax rates.

Apparently the fact the the United States had the only untouched and modern industrial complex remaining after the war escapes those that aspire to preach revisionist economic history.

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

I can recall I-65 being finished in KY in the mid-1960s. I can recall I-20 between Birmingham and Atlanta being finished in the 1980s.

How many super highways have we built since Reagan?

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

Deflection noted.

Debt?

Maybe the government should stop spending money it doesn't have. Just a thought.

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

Deflection noted.
The point being..when we had higher taxes on the wealthy we could afford things like the interstate highway system and Apollo.
Now, we take money out of education because we don't have the tax revenues we used to

Still waiting for you to provide a major accomplishment since Reagan slashed taxes

Debt?

Maybe the government should stop spending money it doesn't have. Just a thought.
We are the wealthiest nation on earth
We should be able to spend money on education, healthcare, modern infrastructure, supporting our poor

Instead...we made the choice to reduce taxes on the wealthy

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

Deflection noted.
The point being..when we had higher taxes on the wealthy we could afford things like the interstate highway system and Apollo.
Now, we take money out of education because we don't have the tax revenues we used to

Still waiting for you to provide a major accomplishment since Reagan slashed taxes

No, the point is all of that money was swallowed by by increased federal programs. What else happened in the 1960? The War on Poverty maybe?

Major accomplishment? How about the longest sustained period of economic growth in history?

Debt?

Really? In the 1950s?

Deflection noted.

No, the point is all of that money was swallowed by by increased federal programs. What else happened in the 1960? The War on Poverty maybe?

Major accomplishment? How about the longest sustained period of economic growth in history?

Longest sustained period of economic growth?

Debt?

You know, your boy has been President for the past 7 years, right?

Debt?

You know, your boy has been President for the past 7 years, right?
The comment relates to our current tax structure since Reagan
Obama did raise taxes on the rich and saw a corresponding decrease in the deficit

Really? In the 1950s?

Deflection noted.

You do know what that means don't you?

Deflection noted.

You said it...back it up

Deflection noted.

You said it...back it up

Why? You were wrong on your claims, and I proved that just fine.

Forum List

Back