San Francisco Issues Grants to Try to Fill Vacant Stores

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Not a bad idea if it were a normal city run by normal people.

Here’s why it is a waste of money:
1689870384379.png

Democrats are not normal people and are the reason all Blue cities and states are imploding.

The real estate in SF is through the roof. I can see the reason for the investment.

All they issue you in a red state is a pink slip and an order to vacate before Bubba padlocks your shop.

I see you aren't current on values. Makes sense, you ARE dumb as a fence post.

View attachment 806357
Democrats are not normal people and are the reason all Blue cities and states are imploding.

Another nail in the coffin of any retail store trying to do business.

The usual model for such a store is that the shopper goes into the store, gathers whatever merchandise he intends to buy, and then goes to the cashier to pay for it.

The shopper generally requires very little attention from store employees until he gets to the checkout.

With much of the merchandise being locked up, that means that a store employee needs to be on hand every time a shopper wants any of that merchandise. That must send the labor costs of running such a store through the roof.

I think of the following commercial, that IBM ran a long time ago; and can almost see how a solution might exist based on the technology that this commercial predicts; if perhaps, a store could deny entry to any member of the public not carrying the necessary device to enable this…

You know it is coming. Soon, we will have reports of smashed glass cases, or maybe they will just back a truck up to the front door and steal the entire freezer.

Yeah but it's almost all blacks doing the stealing and they won't work that hard.

You could put half a million dollars in a 1500lb safe just sitting on the sidewalk and they would go across the street to rob a liquor store for 75 bucks instead.

View attachment 806357
So I’m just this dumbass that thinks about the math but let’s see what we can come up with.

One of the highest business taxed cities is going to take that money to give to a business to stay open and pay that tax. All the while saving money by not prosecuting the criminals that cause these businesses to have to lock up their product because of the theft and are losing money because of the crime. So whatever business they pay to be there is still unprofitable due to the crime of stealing and customers not going there because of the crime. Yet somehow they expect they will get more tax income than they paid out.

Maybe, and again I’m just some guy on the internet. Maybe you should focus on hiring cops and reducing the crime? And maybe the taxes?

Yeah but it's almost all blacks doing the stealing and they won't work that hard.

You could put half a million dollars in a 1500lb safe just sitting on the sidewalk and they would go across the street to rob a liquor store for 75 bucks instead.
Yeah but all those blacks are going to get a few million dollars for slavery they never saw and all will be fine.

Forum List

Back