San Francisco incident, the thing I want to know is...

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
so the plane crashes and a 16 year old girl who is a Chinese national is left on the ground.
she gets run over by a fire truck.
(the news said TWO fire trucks)

her Chinese parents are suing saying the firefighters were poorly trained.
sounds like they made up the charges themselves but I have a feeling it won't matter.

CBS news played video from the trucks and from the helmet cams which they got from the girl's parents.

the thing I want to know is...

in a state where they always claim to have the "best" post certification training,
in a state where the police department doesn't release videos to the public unless there's a court order,
in a state where the police commission says they'll make judgments of the officers without reviewing the video...

how did the Chinese family and their lawyers get their hands on the videos so fast?
...which even the media didn't have.

so the plane crashes and a 16 year old girl who is a Chinese national is left on the ground.

sounds like they made up the charges themselves but I have a feeling it won't matter.

CBS news played video from the trucks and from the helmet cams which they got from the girl's parents.

in a state where they always claim to have the "best" post certification training,
in a state where the police department doesn't release videos to the public unless there's a court order,
in a state where the police commission says they'll make judgments of the officers without reviewing the video...

how did the Chinese family and their lawyers get their hands on the videos so fast?

It's called discovery. That's a legal term, look it up.

This whole thing is a mess. I believe that videos were uploaded from those who had escaped and put them up on you tube.

Instead of Sophia I'll pull a Spock. "To save the lives of many".

This is a tough one because it is a heart breaker for her parents and they must be agonizing. This must be unbelievably horrid.

But to fault those rushing desperately to save everyone. I don't think I can.

i feel badly for the dead girl and her family. I do not feel the family deserves a settlement.

Accidents happen. The family is only looking for a pay out....and the will get it.

Instead of Sophia I'll pull a Spock. "To save the lives of many".

This is a tough one because it is a heart breaker for her parents and they must be agonizing. This must be unbelievably horrid.

But to fault those rushing desperately to save everyone. I don't think I can.

are they really heart broken? They lost a girl child. Now they can try and have a boy.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
What is with Chinese girls getting killed by emergency vehicles?

We had one, an exchange student I think, who was killed when she was being loaded into an ambulance after a dust storm pile up on 84. I believe it was another ambulance that slammed into her.

The answer is simple: KACHING! This is America, where any family can put a price tag on a "loved" one's life. I wonder what the price tag is in this case?

Forum List

Back