San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

goodbye

you have completely ignored what was posted. what you post does not negate what I posted. you think you know what you do not know that you do not know.
:eusa_whistle:

I threw my keys away when I meant to throw the trash out. I use my keys every day. I'm highly trained on handling my keys. As a matter of fact I use my keys more than any cop uses his gun.
:lol:

You cant kill someone with your keys sir. Or your trash.

Dumb analogy really.

it's not a dumb analogy. Actually it's not an analogy at all. It is an example of what the cop claims happened an example say it can't happen. I can prove it does happen. The gun and the keys are irrelevant to what happened.

maybe cops should not carry guns because things happen? maybe we should be prevented from posting because we might make a mistake. maybe we're all just...

stupidmonkeys.jpg

So he made a mistake with the most dangerious piece of equipment he carries....? Really?

Wow...and you believe this? These are not his keys, these are weapons that he had training with. In fact him screwing up with keys makes sense since he didn't actually train with them and they are not deadly weapons.

This is not the gun discharging mistakenly, this is him, unholstering the gun and him shooting a man who was cuffed in the back and you are still giving him the benifit of the doubt...even though he was found guilty...albeit of a lessor charge than he should have.

Dumb analogy really.

it's not a dumb analogy. Actually it's not an analogy at all. It is an example of what the cop claims happened an example say it can't happen. I can prove it does happen. The gun and the keys are irrelevant to what happened.

maybe cops should not carry guns because things happen? maybe we should be prevented from posting because we might make a mistake. maybe we're all just...

stupidmonkeys.jpg

So he made a mistake with the most dangerious piece of equipment he carries....? Really?

Wow...and you believe this? These are not his keys, these are weapons that he had training with. In fact him screwing up with keys makes sense since he didn't actually train with them and they are not deadly weapons.

This is not the gun discharging mistakenly, this is him, unholstering the gun and him shooting a man who was cuffed in the back and you are still giving him the benifit of the doubt...even though he was found guilty...albeit of a lessor charge than he should have.

what can I say? I live in the real world.

meltdown? I would think you'd know me better than to suggest that. seeing as you sniff my butt so often. :lol:

This cop basically got away with murder. He shot an unarmed, cuffed person in their back and is going to do, what, 2 years? Maybe....

If it was any of us, we would be thrown under the jail.

Of course we would be. We don't have the authority to arrest and handcuff people. Cops do. Duh..

If I found someone broke into my home and I "arrested him" until the police showed up....I handcuff him and shoot him in the back and I said, oooopsy, I thought it was my tazer, not my gun...I would be just fine. Righty?

Duh.

San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

Oakland riots, looting after manslaughter verdict in BART shooting trial (video, photos)

--

I get this much, a transit cop shot an unarmed man who was handcuffed and lying face down, prone, on a sidewalk. The cop said he thought he reached for his taser, when in reality he grabbed his gun -- and shot.

I have a difficult time believing a cop shot a guy on the street, in public, over a minor infraction.

The riot I understand, from the perspective of people who fear the police, is that cops get away from murder.

btw, a friend of the guy who was shot, said the cop was saying "I will taser you" before he pulled his gun and shot. The friend of the guy who was shot says the cop looked very shocked when the everyone realized a shot was fired.

yet there is a legitimate question being raised by others: do cops get away with murder?

People do make mistakes guys. I really do not think this cop threw his life away to execute a cuffed suspect in cold blood in front of people. He fucked up is all. He was found guilty as he should have been, but cmon I really don't think he did it on purpose. Just a horrid accident, and negligence on the cops part. Clearly he wasn't paying enough attention and did not practice proper gun safety.

This cop basically got away with murder. He shot an unarmed, cuffed person in their back and is going to do, what, 2 years? Maybe....

If it was any of us, we would be thrown under the jail.

Of course we would be. We don't have the authority to arrest and handcuff people. Cops do. Duh..

If I found someone broke into my home and I "arrested him" until the police showed up....I handcuff him and shoot him in the back and I said, oooopsy, I thought it was my tazer, not my gun...I would be just fine. Righty?

Duh.

No but then your job isn't to carry a taser and a gun and routinely put your life on the line apprehending people. So your analogy is actually pretty lame.

Last edited:

Dumb analogy really.

stupidmonkeys.jpg

Would not be the first time, nor the last that a cop has accidentally discharged his or her Weapon. In fact it happens a lot. It is just that usually it is not aimed at someones head when it happens. Just because you are trained on something does not mean you will never have an accident with it.

I love all this Lib cop haters who just jump in and assume this guy is just a cold blooded killer who didn't care he would get caught. You have never been in a situation like cops are put in all the time, Where they have to make life and death choices in milliseconds.

That said it does appear that this guy was at least intending to taser a cuffed suspect, and that is pretty fucked up.

That's different. A civil right's violation is in fact still a violation of the criminal code for the same event as the manslaughter occurred. I wouldn't consider it double jeopardy for instance if the man's family sued the LEO.

As for my wife, she agrees with me in principal on the difference between the this situation and OJ, BUT she feels that its a violation of two different laws so double jeopardy doesn't apply. She is a deputy DA, so probably she's correct. I have no problem admitting she's a smarter person than me in some areas.

The way I read R.C.'s post is that he is speaking of the family suing the LEO.

Immie

Oh, I may have misread, I was speaking of the DoJ announcing that they are considering filing charges against this guy for violating the black criminals civil rights. Which I think is double jeopardy, but my wife disagrees.

Your wife is right, SCOTUS has ruled that it does not violate double jeopardy to charge the same guy with a different offense, or even the same offense, arising from the same act, as long as two different jurisdictions do it. Which is how the feds busted all those KKK members who kept getting away with murder in state courts back in the day.

The way I read R.C.'s post is that he is speaking of the family suing the LEO.

Immie

Oh, I may have misread, I was speaking of the DoJ announcing that they are considering filing charges against this guy for violating the black criminals civil rights. Which I think is double jeopardy, but my wife disagrees.

Your wife is right, SCOTUS has ruled that it does not violate double jeopardy to charge the same guy with a different offense, or even the same offense, arising from the same act, as long as two different jurisdictions do it. Which is how the feds busted all those KKK members who kept getting away with murder in state courts back in the day.

As conceded, in matters of law, she's my superior. Well other areas to, but I don't like to tell her that.

How does on confuse a handgun for a taser?

Seems highly unlikely to me.

And this cop, he's still on the job?

How does on confuse a handgun for a taser?

Seems highly unlikely to me.

And this cop, he's still on the job?

Obviously you've never been in an adrenaline moment. Personally I can't see making that mistake , but shit happens.

And obviously you know NOTHING about this case. Dude was found guilty of manslaughter and is headed to prison.

Forum List

Back