San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

Oakland riots, looting after manslaughter verdict in BART shooting trial (video, photos)

--

I get this much, a transit cop shot an unarmed man who was handcuffed and lying face down, prone, on a sidewalk. The cop said he thought he reached for his taser, when in reality he grabbed his gun -- and shot.

I have a difficult time believing a cop shot a guy on the street, in public, over a minor infraction.

The riot I understand, from the perspective of people who fear the police, is that cops get away from murder.

btw, a friend of the guy who was shot, said the cop was saying "I will taser you" before he pulled his gun and shot. The friend of the guy who was shot says the cop looked very shocked when the everyone realized a shot was fired.

yet there is a legitimate question being raised by others: do cops get away with murder?

Wow. With this concrete evidence, I am surprised the cop didnt get a reward.

I heard from a cousin of the guys mailman who once drove a bus that had a kid on it who's ister once did hair for a cousin of the guy who was shot and he said..........It was an accident.

Wow.

go away.

not many sane people believe the cop shot the guy on purpose. your hatred of law enforcement is noticed, but your arguments are plain stupid.

bye

pssst, my brother is a CHP in the L.A. area. I fully support law enforcement of course, but bad cops are the worse thing out there. A bad cop can ruin your life or worse, like in this case, kill you.

Good cops are freaking fantastic! I met enough of them to know the bad ones are rare, but it happens.

Actually, I don't see why anyone is rioting when he was found guilty.

Because he got a slap on the wrist relatively speaking. He should be thrown under the jail for shooting a handcuffed, floored kid in the back and killing him. (I think it was in the back if memory serves). ed...nope, he was face down...

HOrrible cop, horrible sentance and if this wasnt on tape, he would have gotten away with it.

Zona must be descended from a long line of lynch mob vigilantes.

The kid was handcuffed, on his belly and was shot in the back by a bad cop who says he thought it was a taser.....come on. Seriously?

He is a professional who deals with his weapons daily and made this "mistake"? Come on.

Actually, I don't see why anyone is rioting when he was found guilty.

Because he got a slap on the wrist relatively speaking. He should be thrown under the jail for shooting a handcuffed, floored kid in the back and killing him. (I think it was in the back if memory serves).

HOrrible cop, horrible sentance and if this wasnt on tape, he would have gotten away with it.

I really hope your dumb ass never has jury duty.

Can convicted felons serve as jurors?

Because he got a slap on the wrist relatively speaking. He should be thrown under the jail for shooting a handcuffed, floored kid in the back and killing him. (I think it was in the back if memory serves).

I really hope your dumb ass never has jury duty.

A taser does not feel like a service revolver. This was no accident. It could possibly be an accident if a person wasnt trained with those weapons.

He should be thrown under the jail. Why was he trying to "taser" a kid who was cuffed and face down anyway? Did you not see the tape? (Thank god for that coverage, if it didnt exist, this "cop" would have been given a medal.)

That was mistake number one. He had the situation under control, then he drew his gun and shot the kid in the back and killed him.

Murder. Period.

:slap:

ZONA SOLVED THE CASE!!! WAY TO GO DIPSHIT!!!!

Wow. With this concrete evidence, I am surprised the cop didnt get a reward.

I heard from a cousin of the guys mailman who once drove a bus that had a kid on it who's ister once did hair for a cousin of the guy who was shot and he said..........It was an accident.

Wow.

go away.

not many sane people believe the cop shot the guy on purpose. your hatred of law enforcement is noticed, but your arguments are plain stupid.

bye

pssst, my brother is a CHP in the L.A. area. I fully support law enforcement of course, but bad cops are the worse thing out there. A bad cop can ruin your life or worse, like in this case, kill you.

Good cops are freaking fantastic! I met enough of them to know the bad ones are rare, but it happens.

your posts often contradict each other. People are often of more than one mind where state power and cops are concerned. read your own posts in this thread.

Because he got a slap on the wrist relatively speaking. He should be thrown under the jail for shooting a handcuffed, floored kid in the back and killing him. (I think it was in the back if memory serves). ed...nope, he was face down...

The kid was handcuffed, on his belly and was shot in the back by a bad cop who says he thought it was a taser.....come on. Seriously?

He is a professional who deals with his weapons daily and made this "mistake"? Come on.

The bus dude handles weapons daily?

Lol. You mean like Mall Cop?

You're not exactly making your case there, sparky.

go away.

bye

your posts often contradict each other. People are often of more than one mind where state power and cops are concerned. read your own posts in this thread.

I have been consistent with my feelings towards bad cops. I have never wavered from those positions. Ever.

Bad cops are horrible people with badges and have an upper hand on getting away with illegal activities.

Last edited:

The bus dude handles weapons daily?

Lol. You mean like Mall Cop?

You're not exactly making your case there, sparky.

So, that bus cop had ZERO training with his guns...they just gave him one and said good luck? If this is true, then maybe this is an accident. :eusa_whistle:

He is a trained professional who deals with weapons daily. Agree?

Schools in.

I have been consistent with my feelings towards bad cops. I have never wavered from those positions. Ever.

Bad cops are horrible people with badges and have an upper hand on getting away with illegal activities.

I am brutal when discussing bad cops. But mistakes and accidents do not by themselves make cops, bad cops.

The cop in question here ended up making a grave error. It happens. Science proves what is possible, what I say about his mind and being unaware he had a gun and not a taser in hand. Science proves that happens. (Please don't ask me to search the studies and science. It is common knowledge. you can look it up)

The evidence, and common sense along with credulity, support the cop's defense.

BART cops do not deal with weapons on a daily basis. They hand out parking tickets on a daily basis.

I am brutal when discussing bad cops. But mistakes and accidents do not by themselves make cops, bad cops.

The cop in question here ended up making a grave error. It happens. Science proves what is possible, what I say about his mind and being unaware he had a gun and not a taser in hand. Science proves that happens. (Please don't ask me to search the studies and science. It is common knowledge. you can look it up)

This would make sense to a person who didnt train with those weapons.

Dude, he has his gun and his taser in his hand every day. EVERY DAY. He killed that guy. Accidents do happen, I get that, but he is trained and is very familiar with those weapons.

Have you ever heard of this "accident" happening before now? If so, it is so uncommon and such an idiotic defense.

I know what a gun feels like in my hand and I also know what a taser feels like. THERE IS NO WAY A COP CAN GET THEM CONFUSED. If so, the force wouldnt even have them on a person at the same time. Ya think?

BART cops do not deal with weapons on a daily basis. They hand out parking tickets on a daily basis.

So he gets no training on the weapon HE HAS ON HIS HIP? Who exactly puts it on him then? His SGT?

If he got no training, again then I say, it could be an accident. :eusa_whistle:

Dude, he has his gun and his taser in his hand every day. EVERY DAY. He killed that guy. Accidents do happen, I get that, but he is trained and is very familiar with those weapons.

Have you ever heard of this "accident" happening before now? If so, it is so uncommon and such an idiotic defense.

I know what a gun feels like in my hand and I also know what a taser feels like. THERE IS NO WAY A COP CAN GET THEM CONFUSED. If so, the force wouldnt even have them on a person at the same time. Ya think?

goodbye

you have completely ignored what was posted. what you post does not negate what I posted. you think you know what you do not know that you do not know.
:eusa_whistle:

I threw my keys away when I meant to throw the trash out. I use my keys every day. I'm highly trained on handling my keys. As a matter of fact I use my keys more than any cop uses his gun.
:lol:

lol @ dainty's meltdown

meltdown? I would think you'd know me better than to suggest that. seeing as you sniff my butt so often. :lol:

crying-child1.jpg

^dante^

lol @ dainty's meltdown

meltdown? I would think you'd know me better than to suggest that. seeing as you sniff my butt so often. :lol:

This cop basically got away with murder. He shot an unarmed, cuffed person in their back and is going to do, what, 2 years? Maybe....

If it was any of us, we would be thrown under the jail.

Last edited:

goodbye

you have completely ignored what was posted. what you post does not negate what I posted. you think you know what you do not know that you do not know.
:eusa_whistle:

I threw my keys away when I meant to throw the trash out. I use my keys every day. I'm highly trained on handling my keys. As a matter of fact I use my keys more than any cop uses his gun.
:lol:

You cant kill someone with your keys sir. Or your trash.

Dumb analogy really.

Forum List

Back