San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

This would make sense to a person who didnt train with those weapons.

Dude, he has his gun and his taser in his hand every day. EVERY DAY. He killed that guy. Accidents do happen, I get that, but he is trained and is very familiar with those weapons.

Have you ever heard of this "accident" happening before now? If so, it is so uncommon and such an idiotic defense.

I know what a gun feels like in my hand and I also know what a taser feels like. THERE IS NO WAY A COP CAN GET THEM CONFUSED. If so, the force wouldnt even have them on a person at the same time. Ya think?

goodbye

you have completely ignored what was posted. what you post does not negate what I posted. you think you know what you do not know that you do not know.
:eusa_whistle:

I threw my keys away when I meant to throw the trash out. I use my keys every day. I'm highly trained on handling my keys. As a matter of fact I use my keys more than any cop uses his gun.
:lol:

You cant kill someone with your keys sir. Or your trash.

Dumb analogy really.

it's not a dumb analogy. Actually it's not an analogy at all. It is an example of what the cop claims happened an example say it can't happen. I can prove it does happen. The gun and the keys are irrelevant to what happened.

maybe cops should not carry guns because things happen? maybe we should be prevented from posting because we might make a mistake. maybe we're all just...

stupidmonkeys.jpg

lol @ dainty's meltdown

meltdown? I would think you'd know me better than to suggest that. seeing as you sniff my butt so often. :lol:

This cop basically got away with murder. He shot an unarmed, cuffed person in their back and is going to do, what, 2 years? Maybe....

If it was any of us, we would be thrown under the jail.

Of course we would be. We don't have the authority to arrest and handcuff people. Cops do. Duh..

This would make sense to a person who didnt train with those weapons.

Dude, he has his gun and his taser in his hand every day. EVERY DAY. He killed that guy. Accidents do happen, I get that, but he is trained and is very familiar with those weapons.

Have you ever heard of this "accident" happening before now? If so, it is so uncommon and such an idiotic defense.

I know what a gun feels like in my hand and I also know what a taser feels like. THERE IS NO WAY A COP CAN GET THEM CONFUSED. If so, the force wouldnt even have them on a person at the same time. Ya think?

goodbye

you have completely ignored what was posted. what you post does not negate what I posted. you think you know what you do not know that you do not know.
:eusa_whistle:

I threw my keys away when I meant to throw the trash out. I use my keys every day. I'm highly trained on handling my keys. As a matter of fact I use my keys more than any cop uses his gun.

You cant kill someone with your keys sir. Or your trash.

Dumb analogy really.

humexte2.jpg

It's almost impossible for anyone to convict a cop of antying worse than manslaughter. Oh well, they might have better luck in a civil case.

It's almost impossible for anyone to convict a cop of antying worse than manslaughter. Oh well, they might have better luck in a civil case.

Which is bullshit, ever hear of double jeopardy?

Zona being a moron again I see. Hes Zona, I'm coming to AZ in August, what do you say to a beer summit?

Zona being a moron again I see. Hes Zona, I'm coming to AZ in August, what do you say to a beer summit?

O.J. Simpson was found Not Guilty in a criminal court yet responsible for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in a civil court. Double Jeopardy did not apply there... at least I think it did not. Do me a favor... ask your wife. :lol:

Immie

I don't understand why all the riots except for maybe just for the "fun of rioting" and I use that term in jest.

Basically, if they send the cop to prison, I'd be willing to hazard a guess that they are effectively signing his death warrant. Maybe if the court doesn't sentence him to prison time, I can see the anger, but if he goes to prison, he's likely to be on death row without an actual death sentence.

Immie

O.J. Simpson was found Not Guilty in a criminal court yet responsible for the deaths of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman in a civil court. Double Jeopardy did not apply there... at least I think it did not. Do me a favor... ask your wife. :lol:

Immie

That's different. A civil right's violation is in fact still a violation of the criminal code for the same event as the manslaughter occurred. I wouldn't consider it double jeopardy for instance if the man's family sued the LEO.

As for my wife, she agrees with me in principal on the difference between the this situation and OJ, BUT she feels that its a violation of two different laws so double jeopardy doesn't apply. She is a deputy DA, so probably she's correct. I have no problem admitting she's a smarter person than me in some areas.

I don't understand why all the riots except for maybe just for the "fun of rioting" and I use that term in jest.

Basically, if they send the cop to prison, I'd be willing to hazard a guess that they are effectively signing his death warrant. Maybe if the court doesn't sentence him to prison time, I can see the anger, but if he goes to prison, he's likely to be on death row without an actual death sentence.

Immie

He'll never go into the general population. Nor should he.

Immie

That's different. A civil right's violation is in fact still a violation of the criminal code for the same event as the manslaughter occurred. I wouldn't consider it double jeopardy for instance if the man's family sued the LEO.

As for my wife, she agrees with me in principal on the difference between the this situation and OJ, BUT she feels that its a violation of two different laws so double jeopardy doesn't apply. She is a deputy DA, so probably she's correct. I have no problem admitting she's a smarter person than me in some areas.

The way I read R.C.'s post is that he is speaking of the family suing the LEO.

Immie

Immie

Immie

Yes.

Immie

Immie

Oh, I may have misread, I was speaking of the DoJ announcing that they are considering filing charges against this guy for violating the black criminals civil rights. Which I think is double jeopardy, but my wife disagrees.

Immie

Oh, I may have misread, I was speaking of the DoJ announcing that they are considering filing charges against this guy for violating the black criminals civil rights. Which I think is double jeopardy, but my wife disagrees.

Just to be obstinate, I'm gonna agree with your wife. :D

Immie

Immie

Just to be obstinate, I'm gonna agree with your wife. :D

Immie

As I said, she's the Assistant DA in the family She's probably correct. I have no problem admitting my wife is brilliant and proves me wrong often.

Civil vs Criminal isn't double jeopardy. I'm surprised you didn't know that. :eusa_eh:

Civil vs Criminal isn't double jeopardy. I'm surprised you didn't know that. :eusa_eh:

I was speaking of a civil rights case brought by the DoJ, and honestly IMO that would be double jeopardy. I don't think a civil case brought by the family would be double jeopardy. Two different situations. As I said, my wife disagrees with me, I am willing to concede she is correct.

Forum List

Back