San Francisco Bart Shooting , Trial, & Riot

Well, after seeing the video over and over and reading the rhetoric I can say without any doubt in my mind this officer did NOT shoot this man on purpose. It was a very unfortunate accident. Tragic as it is,(understatement), everyone loses in this situation, yes I know, especially the dead person,while an accident, many are going to use this as an opportunity for more dissent and unrest and another black vs. white, white vs black BS session.

To all the people wanting to perpetuate this racial crap, GFUrselves.!

Actually, I don't see why anyone is rioting when he was found guilty.

disingenuous as usual? sigh

I get why they are rioting even though I with many of the basic premises of the arguments the rioters would use.

How is it disingenous? He was found guilty. Why are they upset?

YOu know why they6y are rioting. You may disagree with their logic or arguments, as I do, but to say as you did "I don't see why anyone is rioting" is pathetic and disingenuous. You do know. :eusa_whistle:

the officer accidently shot a man and was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and could face between 0 and 14 years.....

as for the "riots", the usual suspects used this event to go on a crime spree and tag, loot and vandalize parts of their own town....

LA juries...what can you do....

yours may be the most illiterate and least informative of posts. and that is saying something -- just look at avatar's posts on this subject.

They probably have. And they probably will in the future. And I agree with the verdict of manslaughter. It was not intentional, but the cops neglegence resulted in the someones death. What happened to that guy is awful but the rioters need to know that it was determained to be an accident. But all they see, hear and think is "white cop killed black guy and cop is not going to jail for the rest of his life." The whole thing is a shame.

I agree, except here: "the rioters need to know that it was determained to be an accident" as many a determination has been biased and a cover up. Your statement borders on or stems from an authoritarian view.

My sympathies extend to the officer. He must be horrified and torn over his own actions. Focusing on the rioters and the race card may push things aside, but this poor man has to live with a real life horror.

I've done what the cop did often enough. I once stabbed myself at the sink while doing more than one task. The mind can be in more than one place at a time. I've also thrown something away (my keys/phone) while holding onto the trash.

This cop thought he was tasing a person and shot them. Bad enough. But then to find out the guy dies a little later. A true horror movie come to life.

dante, the sad thing is these rioters were almost certainly the same people who tear up the city anytime an LA sports team wins anything, they aren't really fans and they don't really know about the case, all they know is they have an excuse to tear some shit up. They are fucking animals and who cares about their "agenda?"

I agree in part. But there are others who believe that society is so racist that a cop actually shot a young man on the ground in front of tons of witnesses...because teh man was black.

that is what is sad. We have not done enough to assist people in entering the brave new world. We cannot afford to let people live in the dark. When we do, this is the price we pay. It could get worse.

the officer accidently shot a man and was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and could face between 0 and 14 years.....

as for the "riots", the usual suspects used this event to go on a crime spree and tag, loot and vandalize parts of their own town....

yours may be the most illiterate and least informative of posts. and that is saying something -- just look at avatar's posts on this subject.

says they villiage idiot.....

LA have proven to be less than able in the past....
and since i grew up, live and work in the bay area your opinion means little....

Riotng is never okay? hmmm, tell that to the East Germans, the Filipinos, the Polish, the anti-communists, the anti-fascists...

The verdict in the case above does not de-legitimize the question: do cops get away with murder? Saying it does is deflection on display.

They probably have. And they probably will in the future. And I agree with the verdict of manslaughter. It was not intentional, but the cops neglegence resulted in the someones death. What happened to that guy is awful but the rioters need to know that it was determained to be an accident. But all they see, hear and think is "white cop killed black guy and cop is not going to jail for the rest of his life." The whole thing is a shame.

I agree, except here: "the rioters need to know that it was determained to be an accident" as many a determination has been biased and a cover up. Your statement borders on or stems from an authoritarian view.

My sympathies extend to the officer. He must be horrified and torn over his own actions. Focusing on the rioters and the race card may push things aside, but this poor man has to live with a real life horror.

I've done what the cop did often enough. I once stabbed myself at the sink while doing more than one task. The mind can be in more than one place at a time. I've also thrown something away (my keys/phone) while holding onto the trash.

This cop thought he was tasing a person and shot them. Bad enough. But then to find out the guy dies a little later. A true horror movie come to life.

I agree with you. But how can you say my statement was authoritative? I'm saying that a jury of his peers found it to be manslaughter (accidental death via personal neglegence). Of course there has been bias and corruption in jury trials throughout history. But there has been no proof of that happening in this case. Unless you believe that any agreement with a jury's decision is authoritative in nature.

Well, after seeing the video over and over and reading the rhetoric I can say without any doubt in my mind this officer did NOT shoot this man on purpose. It was a very unfortunate accident. Tragic as it is,(understatement), everyone loses in this situation, yes I know, especially the dead person,while an accident, many are going to use this as an opportunity for more dissent and unrest and another black vs. white, white vs black BS session.

you're an idiot and a liar. the video is confusing. what is helpful is the eyewitness testimony of the dead man's friends. they testified the cop was saying "I'm going to taser you if..." and that the cop looked puzzled and horrified after the shot was fired.

you and your kind are no better than the rioters -- two sides of the same reactionary coin

GFUrself.!

says they villiage idiot.....

LA have proven to be less than able in the past....
and since i grew up, live and work in the bay area your opinion means little....

go take a long walk off a short pier

The victim was handcuffed and lying face down on the ground? Why did he feel the need to even tazer him? I think they're using the tazer far too much--it's not a toy and there have been instances in which they have even been used on children. I think they need to get rid of the tazers.

I agree with you. But how can you say my statement was authoritative? I'm saying that a jury of his peers found it to be manslaughter (accidental death via personal neglegence). Of course there has been bias and corruption in jury trials throughout history. But there has been no proof of that happening in this case. Unless you believe that any agreement with a jury's decision is authoritative in nature.

I was maybe unclear. Your statement: "What happened to that guy is awful but the rioters need to know that it was determained to be an accident." is authoritarian in nature, because it says the final word is what the state says it is. So maybe you were unclear on what you meant to say or how you meant to sat it.

A jury of our peers. I will agree to accept their verdict, because I believe in our flawed system, but...accepting a jury's verdict is no proof of a truth. Justice is blind. Ultimate Truth is, I believe, not what Justice is concerned with in the end. If it were, a burden of proof would not be the bar to meet. A truth can exist with little proof.

dante, the sad thing is these rioters were almost certainly the same people who tear up the city anytime an LA sports team wins anything, they aren't really fans and they don't really know about the case, all they know is they have an excuse to tear some shit up. They are fucking animals and who cares about their "agenda?"

I agree in part. But there are others who believe that society is so racist that a cop actually shot a young man on the ground in front of tons of witnesses...because teh man was black.

that is what is sad. We have not done enough to assist people in entering the brave new world. We cannot afford to let people live in the dark. When we do, this is the price we pay. It could get worse.

IMHO this isn't about racism towards whit or black, but a relatively new phenomenon, racism against blue. Just read some of the threads on this board. People HATE LEO and are looking for ANY excuse to hang em high. I'm not sure how you over come that. What would convince these people that LEO are just people who are doing a necessary and often times dangerous jobs and sometimes shit happens?

The victim was handcuffed and lying face down on the ground? Why did he feel the need to even tazer him? I think they're using the tazer far too much--it's not a toy and there have been instances in which they have even been used on children. I think they need to get rid of the tazers.

Don't worry. I'm sure Obama and the "Department of Black Revenge" (formerly the DOJ) will place a moritorium on tazers.

I think it was established that the man had only one hand cuffed and was resisting arrest with a hostile partying crowd gathering. It was New Year's Eve.

Tasers are abused, but I'd rather people be tasered than shot or beaten down. This was a horrific accident.

disingenuous as usual? sigh

I get why they are rioting even though I with many of the basic premises of the arguments the rioters would use.

How is it disingenous? He was found guilty. Why are they upset?

YOu know why they6y are rioting. You may disagree with their logic or arguments, as I do, but to say as you did "I don't see why anyone is rioting" is pathetic and disingenuous. You do know. :eusa_whistle:

If I knew why they were rioting, I wouldn't be asking about it.

He was found guilty.

I think it was established that the man had only one hand cuffed and was resisting arrest with a hostile partying crowd gathering. It was New Year's Eve.

Tasers are abused, but I'd rather people be tasered than shot or beaten down. This was a horrific accident.

That's how I seen it to. People just need to figure out that if you fight the police, you're going to get hurt. If they violate your rights sue them later. This isn't the Soviet Union where people just disappeared once arrested.

IMHO this isn't about racism towards whit or black, but a relatively new phenomenon, racism against blue. Just read some of the threads on this board. People HATE LEO and are looking for ANY excuse to hang em high. I'm not sure how you over come that. What would convince these people that LEO are just people who are doing a necessary and often times dangerous jobs and sometimes shit happens?

Since I've moved to CA., I have come to fear Law Enforcement in ways I never have. I have had good and very scary incidents of contact with PD out here. CA., has a strange police state mentality, mixed with the myth of rugged individualism and a 'let be' attitude towards the actions of others.

Anyone who thinks California is a liberal or progressive state needs to visit Massachusetts, or Minnesota, or a few other states with liberal majorities in parts of their states.

California is huge and IMNSHO, ungovernable with the system in place.

you're an idiot and a liar. the video is confusing. what is helpful is the eyewitness testimony of the dead man's friends. they testified the cop was saying "I'm going to taser you if..." and that the cop looked puzzled and horrified after the shot was fired.

you and your kind are no better than the rioters -- two sides of the same reactionary coin

GFUrself.!

Now Now Dante,
I really didn't believe all the bad stuff they say about you in USMB, TILL NOW. In my opinion DANTE, THEY in USMB are right about YOU, you are a complete and utter asshole with hanging hemmoroids for brains.
You are one of those perpetuating the BS,posting bullshit and nonsense, I would say again to you Go "F" urself, but you apparently do several times a day.

Forum List

Back