Sad day - Put my dog down.

I post this every time one of us goes through this...

I stumbled across it a few years back just after having to put one of mine down. It made me smile, and well up. And it helped, a little...

I'll tell you this, I cried more that day than when my dad died, and not because I loved that dog more... It's tough...

He was sick and declining. It was the right thing to do but it hurts. My kids are really sad. Tough situation. Not sure why I am posting this here. Probably just therapeutic?

sigh……

We disagree on a lot, but I am sorry for your loss.

Few things are worse than having to put down a beloved pet.

1626630152894.png

He was sick and declining. It was the right thing to do but it hurts. My kids are really sad. Tough situation. Not sure why I am posting this here. Probably just therapeutic?

sigh……
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news...dogs are mans best friend....and they are members of the family....

sigh……

I am sorry to hear this. It is always hard to put down a beloved pet. They show us what we should be. It is especially hard on kids. I know that some people say it is often their first brush with the finality of losing a loved one. But that doesn't make it easier to see the pain in your children's eyes.

Whenever I have had to put a pet down, I always try to remember it is how I repay them for the unconditional love they show us. To be free from pain and illness is a blessing, especially if you believe in something after this life.

My sincerest condolences, Azog.

I am sorry to hear this. It is always hard to put down a beloved pet. They show us what we should be. It is especially hard on kids. I know that some people say it is often their first brush with the finality of losing a loved one. But that doesn't make it easier to see the pain in your children's eyes.

Whenever I have had to put a pet down, I always try to remember it is how I repay them for the unconditional love they show us. To be free from pain and illness is a blessing, especially if you believe in something after this life.

My sincerest condolences, Azog.
Thank you for your kind words

I had my "baby" for 19 years. She found me when she was already grown, so I don't know how old she actually was. I had to have her euthanized because she became so old, she could no longer eat or go to the bathroom. A large part of me died when she did.

It's been over 20 years now. I still miss her. I still feel a little dead inside.
Time does not heal all wounds, nor does it make things better.

Prissy.jpg

sigh……

I'm sorry. Especially hard on the kids. I'm sure you have your pet a great life and the doggie was well adored. My condolences.

Forum List

Back