Russia will go for land bridge to Crimea

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
While the fighting near Mariupol might not be intense Russia will definitely pour on the firepower once it begins its push to Chonhar. Looking at the map it is a logistics nightmare for NATO. What will be the next move?

Obama gave Vlad Crimea...why not give him the bridge for dessert.
Any suggestions? Seems the only way to really lay some deterrence on Vlad is from the Black Sea. Unfortunately that puts Turkey into the equation on our side. 38 says otherwise and that is probably the truth.

The only "fucking embarassing" posts are from the Putin-love monkeys from the far right.

He is a winner compared to any Putin-loving anti-American hater, like Giulani. And you.

I see the only logical/practical deterrence to Putin's southwardly push is to arm Melitopol to the teeth. Putin has to go through the city to join his two territories. Arming Melitopol is a passive strategy showing if Putin wants to attack he can but let there be no mistake about who took the fight to whom.

Video uploaded Feb 16, 2015 of fighting supposedly in Mariupol. While Debaltseve might have been legitimately contested Mariupol is clearly on the Ukrainian side of the buffer zone.

_80980240_ukraine_ceasefire_lines_12.02.2015_624map.gif

I would have expected the topic of arming the Ukrainians to come up again. While it did not make sense before now that Russia's intentions and strategy is clear tactically supplying the Ukrainians would make sense and could potentially halt the Russians.

YouTube: (I will just put titles so the video does not get embedded.)
Feb 15, 2015 "Ukraine War • Local Mariupol was shelled from Novoazovsk"
Feb 18, 2015 "Ukraine EXCLUSIVE Novorossia flag raised over Novoazovsk govt building"
"Ukraine War: Armored vehicles in Novoazovsk near the Crimea 2015.02.16"
Feb 15, 2015 "Russia Convoy From Rostov near Taganrog poss on way to Novoazovsk Ukraine"
448413-top_foto2-6j81w.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back