Russia Switches to Focus of Liberating the Donbass.

No, I think the "Finlandization" of a Ukrainian rump state will have to happen. In truth, it would be best to have a buffer state between NATO and Russia.
The Donbass region would become a buffer state?
That would probably be unacceptable to Russia.
The Ukraine becoming a buffer state?
That would probably be unacceptable to America.

I think Putin's aim from the get-go was securing all the Donbass and a corridor to Crimea. That is why they've largely ignored the other cities, using them to disperse Ukrainian forces and focused on Mariupol. Once they take Mariupol, Putin can claim victory having taken all the Donbass, the Sea of Azov and most of the Black Sea coast.

I hope it ends there for the sake of all.

That wasn't his goal. His goal was regime change. He sent a column of 20,000 soldiers to Kyiv.

And now he's backtracking to save face.

New films seems to confirm that Mariupol is finished. When Vladimir Kozin says this, it's not contradicting concentrating on the Donbass, the regime can fall without bombing Kiev:

"As soon as Russian forces take the city of Mariupol under control, the Kiev regime will fall. The capture of Mariupol and its complete liberation from the Ukrainian neo-nazis is of great importance for the Russian Army."
Sure, but America hasn't played its hand yet and we all know that it's going to be a very powerful hand.

And of course the same for Russia.

That wasn't his goal. His goal was regime change. He sent a column of 20,000 soldiers to Kyiv.

You don't know what his fucking goal is or was and I don't either. You just "know" what you were told by the same media that convinced American dingbats that Trump colluded with Russia.

That's the question I wanted answered on this thread.

But good for you on getting the American spin right. Or in other words, Russia has lost the war.

The question: Is this a step back by Russia now, due to overwhelming pressure by the world's countries that have aligned with America's goal.

or

Is this just Russia realizing it has accomplished it's goal?
They said that is just phase 1 of the offensive. What is phase 2, or 3, or 4 etc..etc.?

They said that is just phase 1 of the offensive. What is phase 2, or 3, or 4 etc..etc.?
Here's America's talking point for you, that will answer your question to your satisfaction.

America's point is, Putin has scaled back.
While Russia's talking point is, Russia has accomplished their goals.

That's phase 1 and 2.

Phase 3 will be?

I'm sort of the opinion that if Russia intended to take Kiev, it would be a smoking ruins similar to Baghdad by now. Instead, Russia has hit the Ukraine with fewer Cruise missiles than the US hit Iraq with in one day!

Thank the Dogs for friendly wars!

That's the question I wanted answered on this thread.

But good for you on getting the American spin right. Or in other words, Russia has lost the war.

The war's not over.

And yes, Russia is losing. They have not achieved their objectives. And it doesn't look like they will.

But good for you on getting the Russian spin right.

In2014 they seized Crimea. I do not think the Ukrainians are willing to sacrifice more territory.
You just unknowingly exposed your as an idiot. Crimea was part of Russia since Catherine the Great…ops history always screws up the uninformed. Kruschev gave the Crimea to Ukraine by dictate. Crimea is predominantly Russian and voted to stay with Russia, after O’s coup in Ukraine in 2014…ops history again. Sorry.

Russia has not "scaled back."

They're being pushed back.

Because they're incompetent.
That's America's talking point! Russia's talking point is, they have scaled back.

So good for you on answering the question! Now you obviously need to find someone who will fight an armchair war with you.

You don't know what his fucking goal is or was and I don't either. You just "know" what you were told by the same media that convinced American dingbats that Trump colluded with Russia.

I'm taking Putin by what he said at the beginning of the war, which included

1. "De-Nazifying Ukraine" whatever the fuck that means
  2. De-militarizing Ukraine

We also know that he sent assassins into Kyiv that were liquidated by Ukrainian forces. Why would he do that? Hmm, let's do a tiny bit of thinking here.

You just unknowingly exposed your as an idiot. Crimea was part of Russia since Catherine the Great…ops history always screws up the uninformed. Kruschev gave the Crimea to Ukraine by dictate. Crimea is predominantly Russian and voted to stay with Russia, after O’s coup in Ukraine in 2014…ops history again. Sorry.

^^^^^
Always whoring for anyone who's against America.

Ukraine cannot join NATO. That's what this whole fucking mess is about.
Yes. This all could have been easily avoided. It appears Washington wanted war.

Hey Toro…please read if you can.
"So you think Ukraine should just GIVE Putin the Donbas and Crimea and neutrality, to end a war that Putin started??"

No I think Ukraine should sacrifice rivers of blood serving as US proxy cannon fodder for years to drain Moscow while you sit at home eating Pop Tarts and tweeting.

I definitely think every single Ukrainian man, woman and child should be sacrificed to this US proxy war for geostrategic dominance rather than yield some Russian-speaking parts of eastern Ukraine who want to be part of Russia anyway. Only a Putin-loving monster would disagree.

The only humanitarian position is to continue the US plan to flood the nation with just enough weapons to bleed Russia without actually winning for years to subvert Moscow in the grand chessboard maneuverings of a few sociopaths in Washington. -Caitlin Johnstone

I'm taking Putin by what he said at the beginning of the war, which included

1. "De-Nazifying Ukraine" whatever the fuck that means
  2. De-militarizing Ukraine

We also know that he sent assassins into Kyiv that were liquidated by Ukrainian forces. Why would he do that? Hmm, let's do a tiny bit of thinking here.
^^^always accepting the establishment’s position and too dumb to know this could lead to nuclear war.

Russia has not "scaled back."

They're being pushed back.

Because they're incompetent.
All that might be true!

But it could also be Rachel Maddow or Sean Hannity.

I'm going to agree with your version for now at least. Mostly because I don't consider it to be important enough to debate.

Forum List

Back