Russia may launch naval base in Georgian breakaway region in 2024

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
106762630.cms
A Russian naval base in Abkhazia, a breakaway territory internationally recognised as part of Georgia, may become operational in 2024, Russian state news agency RIA quoted Abkhazia's security council as saying on Friday.Russian and Abkhazian authorities agreed in October that Russia could open a permanent naval base in the town of Ochamchire.RIA quoted the secretary of Abkhazia's security council, Sergei Shamba, as saying that construction of the base had not yet begun, but that "its operation may begin this year".

Remote : 2024-01-12T15:17:40+05:30
Local : 2024-01-12(Friday) 10 : 47 : 40

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

this goes to show how important a hold over the Black Sea actually is to modern-day Russian politicians and army commanders.
is the West trying to claim all of the Black Sea? if so, why?!...

It is effectively part of The Federation, however much NATO might like to tell people that somehow it is not --- recognised as such by the only two nations that matter, Abkhazia and Russia .
I clearly recall Russia preparing it as a launch pad in 2008 when it looked as though Moscow might seize control of Georgia .
So , for at least the last 16 years the two countries have peacefully co-existed .

Yes , it has been Russia's great desire to control the Black Sea coast for several hundred years .
Now for obvious geo political reasons , but there is also a fortune in Oil and Gas to be taken .
Why let the greedy US have something that is on Russia's doorstep ?

106762630.cms
A Russian naval base in Abkhazia, a breakaway territory internationally recognised as part of Georgia, may become operational in 2024, Russian state news agency RIA quoted Abkhazia's security council as saying on Friday.Russian and Abkhazian authorities agreed in October that Russia could open a permanent naval base in the town of Ochamchire.RIA quoted the secretary of Abkhazia's security council, Sergei Shamba, as saying that construction of the base had not yet begun, but that "its operation may begin this year".

Remote : 2024-01-12T15:17:40+05:30
Local : 2024-01-12(Friday) 10 : 47 : 40
Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

this goes to show how important a hold over the Black Sea actually is to modern-day Russian politicians and army commanders.
is the West trying to claim all of the Black Sea? if so, why?!...
background :

New Technology Sees Through the horde 🇸🇦 🐖 🇷🇺 Attempt to Hide Ships from Ukraine

and i really think we in the West should just give Crimea, and the occupied territories in Ukraine, back to Russia.
a happy resting bear with a full stomach is no threat to anyone :)

and i really think we in the West should just give Crimea, and the occupied territories in Ukraine, back to Russia.
1) YOU ARE NOT THE WEST, YOU ARE An oriental MONGOLOID 🇷🇺 🇸🇦 , Crimea is part of Ukraine 🇺🇦
2) I like your plan, build naval base in Abkhazia , we need more targets .. + it ´ll suck a lot of your resources

1) YOU ARE NOT THE WEST, YOU ARE An oriental MONGOLOID 🇷🇺 🇸🇦 , Crimea is part of Ukraine 🇺🇦
2) I like your plan, build naval base in Abkhazia , we need more targets .. + it ´ll suck a lot of your resources

1a) i'm not from the (Middle-)East. i was born and raised as a white kid. ik spreek ook Nederlands, best goed nog steeds, na ouwehoeren op forums over het lot van anderen sinds 2001/09/11. i also speak Dutch rather well, even today after blabbering on forums since 9/11 about the fate and suffering of others.
1b) which gave me a bunch of light mental disorders like an irregular day-night rythm and a sleep session of only 5 to 6 hours if i don't have sleeping meds. prolonged sleep deprivation due to stress about the fate of others elsewhere in the world, as a result of all that peace activism, plus sometimes just plain worries about getting assasinated myself, have on occasion put me in mental hospital to save my life. i owe those people my thanks i suppose, but something that could have been fixed with a simple question + advice round about how and especially when i sleep and consume coffee or other caffeine holding drinks, along with other questions leading to possible advice; the psychological approach to treatment, is even today completely lacking in psychiatry.
psychiatry lags behind the present-day by about 25 to 50 years, in my opinion.

2a) so you're a unipolar puppet lackey for the West and especially Zelensky.

i can't take you seriously.
i believe in a peaceful yet strong multipolar world order.

Last edited:
Except possession is 100% of the law and Russia already has Crimea and Donbas --- with complete local support .
They will increase their share of Ukraine , and NATO can blow hot air forever , but they cannot do anything about it .
It's realpolotik.
NATO is fortunate that Dear Uncle P has no other expansion plans though I feel sure he would like Georgia at some point .

BTW Never take notice of anything Troll Winkle says . He is mentally very unwell . I never ever read any of his posts . Just mark them as Fake because that is all his illness allows him to scribble . He is not worth a moment of worry or stress .

Last edited:
1a) i'm not from the (Middle-)East. i was born and raised as a white kid. ik spreek ook Nederlands, best goed nog steeds, na ouwehoeren op forums over het lot van anderen sinds 2001/09/11. i also speak Dutch rather well, even today after blabbering on forums since 9/11 about the fate and suffering of others.
1b) which gave me a bunch of light mental disorders like an irregular day-night rythm and a sleep session of only 5 to 6 hours if i don't have sleeping meds. prolonged sleep deprivation due to stress about the fate of others elsewhere in the world, as a result of all that peace activism, plus sometimes just plain worries about getting assasinated myself, have on occasion put me in mental hospital to save my life. i owe those people my thanks i suppose, but something that could have been fixed with a simple question + advice round about how and especially when i sleep and consume coffee or other caffeine holding drinks, along with other questions leading to possible advice; the psychological approach to treatment, is even today completely lacking in psychiatry.
psychiatry lags behind the present-day by about 25 to 50 years, in my opinion.

2a) so you're a unipolar puppet lackey for the West and especially Zelensky.

i can't take you seriously.
i believe in a peaceful yet strong multipolar world order.
Pay nitwit no mind. It spends all of it's time spewing whatever his CIA/NED/USAID handlers assign to him.

Forum List

Back