Russia complains it faces a "proxy war" in Ukraine that could lead to WWIII

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Did Putin actually think Nato would not do anything, even while before Putin's invasion Biden was sending weapons to Ukraine and lobbying Nato countries to do the same and set up sanctions if Putin went forward?

And Russia's plans to carve out of Ukraine a road to Moldovia for Russian forces really confirm Nato's worst fears about Russian intentions to return to Europe of the pre-breakup of the Soviet Union.

Did Putin actually think Nato would not do anything, even while before Putin's invasion Biden was sending weapons to Ukraine and lobbying Nato countries to do the same and set up sanctions if Putin went forward?
Russia didn't miscalculate. Not Putin, but Russia was fully aware that the challenge by America had to be faced eventually and the Ukraine was the obvious provocation that couldn't be ignored.
And Russia's plans to carve out of Ukraine a road to Moldovia for Russian forces really confirm Nato's worst fears about Russian intentions to return to Europe of the pre-breakup of the Soviet Union.
That's speculation due to the manufactured propaganda blitz. However, it's of no use to debate the question; it's only useful to accept it as one of the other possibilities.

Links are useful as long as alternative information has been viewed and considered before making a decision on what to trust.

Russia didn't miscalculate. Not Putin, but Russia was fully aware that the challenge by America had to be faced eventually and the Ukraine was the obvious provocation that couldn't be ignored.

That's speculation due to the manufactured propaganda blitz. However, it's of no use to debate the question; it's only useful to accept it as one of the other possibilities.

Links are useful as long as alternative information has been viewed and considered before making a decision on what to trust.
Putin is preventing "Russia" from even knowing its forces are exterminating and deporting Ukrainians into Russian exile. "Russia" may not even care about that. I've never been fully confident Russians view individual life as Western democracies do, but regardless .... this is Putin's war. He started it and he'll be a part of it's end, regardless of how that turns out. And he could cause a nuclear war.

Putin is preventing "Russia" from even knowing its forces are exterminating and deporting Ukrainians into Russian exile. "Russia" may not even care about that. I've never been fully confident Russians view individual life as Western democracies do, but regardless .... this is Putin's war. He started it and he'll be a part of it's end, regardless of how that turns out. And he could cause a nuclear war.
I hear your opinions. I'll address the first one with caution and on a trial basis in order to determine whether you are going to behave rationally.

The Ukrainians being deported into Russia are going to Russia by choice.

Yawn. Putin every week or so threatens Nuclear War. Even though it means Russia would be gone too.

What it means please stop its killing the fuck out of forces. Oh well

Yawn. Putin every week or so threatens Nuclear War. Even though it means Russia would be gone too.

What it means please stop its killing the fuck out of forces. Oh well
If Russia's conventional capabilities are depleted, Russia will turn to nuclear weapons. Russia is not going to accept defeat.

Here, the only purpose is to speculate on Russia's use of tactical nuclear weapons on the ukraine, being enough to activate MAD. My guess is that it won't.

1. answer?

2. answer?

3. answer?

If Russia's conventional capabilities are depleted, Russia will turn to nuclear weapons. Russia is not going to accept defeat.

Here, the only purpose is to speculate on Russia's use of tactical nuclear weapons on the ukraine, being enough to activate MAD. My guess is that it won't.

1. answer?

2. answer?

3. answer?
And how would you know?? You dont Canuck.

Putin isnt a Mad man. He knows it will end both sides.

Does he have Cancer? Where he doesnt care if the world dies?

Yes, it is a proxy war. Congratulations on recognizing something from the 1950s.
There is an easy solution. Withdraw.

The U.S. has never had the slightest interest in conquering Russia. No one wants Russia. The Russians themselves can't even seem to satisfactorily run Russia.

A "proxy" war only by NATOs desire. Ukraine isn't a NATO member. But the West wants to be involved anyway. If at some point this does start going badly for Russia, and they can reasonably attribute that to NATOs involvment; Russia will likely give NATO exactly what it wants. Involvement. It would suck to be a European Warhawk (or any European for that matter), when that point comes.

Last edited:
Bosnia wasnt a NATO member either. Serbs there were committing gemocide. Clinton finally pulled the trigger. Russia eventually sent troops there and got in our faces over it. Fuck em

A "proxy" war only by NATOs desire. Ukraine isn't a NATO member. But the West wants to be involved anyway. If at some point this does start going badly for Russia, and they can reasonably attribute that to NATOs involvment; Russia will likely give NATO exactly what it wants. Involvement. It would suck to be a European Warhawk (or any European for that matter), when that point comes.
You're suggesting the emphasis is on Nato countries' actions against Russia, and therefore the repercussions on Nato countries too.

You're right about it being a proxy war but you aren't accepting that it's America's proxy war against Russia. If it becomes a full-on nuclear war on Russia then America will be Russia's primary target.

I've said several times now:

An injury to a Nato country is an injury to all.

An aggression by a Nato country is an aggression by all.
Russia's reaction to a nuclear attack on it's territory wouldn't be delayed as long as it would take for the first nuke to hit them.

We must discuss the possibilities, but we shouldn't interpret it as an arm chair war.

Personally, I'm sitting in *spitting distance from Seattle. That speaks for my priorities.

*rhetorically speaking.

Yeah. "Over there". Not anywhere near "here". So convince me why I should spend my blood, and treasure on those people, over there.
Where have I required you to do so?

Last I heard we dont fight Russia directly. Been that way since WWII. And we have been flipping each other off the whole time.

You're suggesting the emphasis is on Nato countries' actions against Russia, and therefore the repercussions on Nato countries too.

You're right about it being a proxy war but you aren't accepting that it's America's proxy war against Russia. If it becomes a full-on nuclear war on Russia then America will be Russia's primary target.

I've said several times now:

An injury to a Nato country is an injury to all.

An aggression by a Nato country is an aggression by all.
Russia's reaction to a nuclear attack on it's territory wouldn't be delayed as long as it would take for the first nuke to hit them.

We must discuss the possibilities, but we shouldn't interpret it as an arm chair war.

Personally, I'm sitting in *spitting distance from Seattle. That speaks for my priorities.

*rhetorically speaking.
More Fear mongering. Nuclear War is the MAD principle and Putin isnt gonna do it. Go change your depends

Yeah. "Over there". Not anywhere near "here". So convince me why I should spend my blood, and treasure on those people, over there.
You've initiated a very useful question! Rather than it being your blood and treasure, you can think of it as the world's treasure being up for grabs to the highest bidder.

If America isn't fighting for it's 'economic' life, it's at least fighting for a piece of the world pie that's going to be divided up between the world's superpowers.

China is highly involved too but in a way that so far doesn't involve a hot war. And of course, Russia is a major player because of it's immense share of the world's resources.

And that's why you need to be concerned about your treasure. Talk to the Pentagon about your 'blood' concerns.

More Fear mongering. Nuclear War is the MAD principle and Putin isnt gonna do it. Go change your depends
The MAD principle is just that. Only a principle. There is no way to guarantee that Russia subscribes to it. There is no way to guarantee that Russia doesn't find a nuclear war winnable. That's a heavily held Western belief.

Forum List

Back