Russell Wilson

Yea. The 49ers should definitely pay more for a worse quarterback.

Makes perfect sense.
Oh and even with the increase in cap space SF is still 5 million over the cap currently.

Armstead
Ward
Greenlaw
Hufanga
Aiyuk

Are all on the last year of their contract. They all are going to want to get paid. SF's ability to cover up Purdy's short comings by putting a ton of high end talent around him is quickly coming to an end.

Russell Wilson let fame go to his head. he divorced his wife to marry a celebrity.

Oh and even with the increase in cap space SF is still 5 million over the cap currently.

Armstead
Ward
Greenlaw
Hufanga
Aiyuk

Are all on the last year of their contract. They all are going to want to get paid. SF's ability to cover up Purdy's short comings by putting a ton of high end talent around him is quickly coming to an end.
Yea you also said he wouldn’t be able to lead the team to a comeback win. What happened to that?

In the past he could go Lamar style and run away from trouble. That was his entire game. Sure he could throw and throw on the run. Most can. He was Quick. Almost never took any hard hits.
Then in 2021-2022 he lost a step or more?.....SEA was right to get rid of the prima donna. SEA winning.....Denver was foolish.

Nobody wants this POS at $40mil or whatever? Even $25mil? PITT already has one better (Rudolph) and one almost just like Wilson used to be (Pickett).
his price tag would be less than a 1 million a year. Denver has to play his salary if they cut him not the team that signs him. It's really the only thing that makes him attractive as a player ATM.

He throws a great deep ball, he's never been a pick you apart guy. He needs to be on a team that wants to run the ball, play defense and have their QB make 4-5 plays a game.

Yea you also said he wouldn’t be able to lead the team to a comeback win. What happened to that?

How did he play when he wasnt playing with his all star roster? He lost all 4 games. Hey I hope SF gives him a huge contract. It will be hilarious.

In all fairness it took some miracle stuff. If anyone of those things don't happen (over two games) the 49rs were out. DET did not kick the 3rd qtr FG to go up 27-3. Bounce off facemask vs. GB......

I will give you Purdy took advantage of some big holes (late) vs. DET and ran up the middle. That was also a must. A back-breaker for DET.

How did he play when he wasnt playing with his all star roster? He lost all 4 games. Hey I hope SF gives him a huge contract. It will be hilarious.
Deebo got hurt in the Packers game, remember?

You need some help moving those goalposts? I can give you a hand.

Yea. Your alternative plan for them to get a starting quarterback with backup money makes a lot more sense.
You mean a QB who has a stronger arm, a shit ton of more experience and has actually won a SB? Wilson is an upgrade over Purdy, at a cheaper price. Again I hope they make Purdy this highest paid QB in the league.

You mean a QB who has a stronger arm, a shit ton of more experience and has actually won a SB? Wilson is an upgrade over Purdy, at a cheaper price. Again I hope they make Purdy this highest paid QB in the league.
Yea. It’s not like quarterbacks ever decline or anything.

SF doesn’t have the cap space. It’s not a matter of whether Wilson would be willing to go there. Also why would SF trade for a player they could just sign assuming Wilson wants to go there?
I don't know. I just know Wilson would be a step up from Purdy. So you're saying SF can get Wilson and there is no problem doing it? Then they should.

Oh so we aren't disagreeing at all then.

The only problem with that argument is that QB's are far more expensive than RB's. Even an average to below average QB will cost you far more than the top RB in the league.
If they were going with Wilson anyways then it wouldn’t matter.

I think it was “Wilson’s our guy, we’re calling his number even if it opens up greater risk and even if this is an obvious successful running situation with a RB who has been unstoppable this game… Forget all that, Wilson’s our guy”

They went player over the smartest play IMO

Purdy only has 21 regular season games under his belt and he took his team to the Super Bowl. He is way ahead of schedule in my book. Yes, he looked very average when missing key offensive players but that will improve as he gains more game experience. I think you guys are being too hard on a really young QB who has serious game.

In all fairness it took some miracle stuff. If anyone of those things don't happen (over two games) the 49rs were out. DET did not kick the 3rd qtr FG to go up 27-3. Bounce off facemask vs. GB......

I will give you Purdy took advantage of some big holes (late) vs. DET and ran up the middle. That was also a must. A back-breaker for DET.
No disagreement there.

I’m specifically addressing the criticism he laid out when he said that Purdy can’t lead a comeback win, and can’t win without his all star teammates.

Purdy did exactly that and now he’s trying to move the goal posts.

Forum List

Back