Russell Wilson

Purdy only has 21 regular season games under his belt and he took his team to the Super Bowl. He is way ahead of schedule in my book. Yes, he looked very average when missing key offensive players but that will improve as he gains more game experience. I think you guys are being too hard on a really young QB who has serious game.
Jimmy G took this team to the SB without CMac 2 years ago.

Purdy only has 21 regular season games under his belt and he took his team to the Super Bowl. He is way ahead of schedule in my book. Yes, he looked very average when missing key offensive players but that will improve as he gains more game experience. I think you guys are being too hard on a really young QB who has serious game.
Purdy is very intelligent but lacks the arm strength of the other young QBs. He is a system QB.

No disagreement there.

I’m specifically addressing the criticism he laid out when he said that Purdy can’t lead a comeback win, and can’t win without his all star teammates.

Purdy did exactly that and now he’s trying to move the goal posts.
Frisco signing Wilson would set Purdy back a year if it's a one-year contract on the cheap.

He doesn't do the dumb stuff Jimmy did and he's basically a rookie. I think he's got more upside but we'll see.
Purdy's problem is he's small, lacks arm talent, and he's not super athletic. There's a reason he went last in the draft and it's not because he can rifle the ball down the field 75 yards on a frozen rope. He's a good QB but he played 4 years in college, he's probably at or near his ceiling. He's the same age as Trevor Lawrence Hurts and Herbert. He's 3 years older than Stroud. There's just a limit to how far a player can go and alot of that is based on physical attributes. If he's willing to take no money and the 9ers can keep all this talent around him then that's ok but even if he takes middle of the road starting QB pay at 25 million/year that's CMac and Kittle's contracts. Do you really think Purdy can take up the slack for them? I dont.

Currently the 49er's have

The best RB in the league
The best LT in the league
The best swiss army knife WR/RB in the league in Deebo
The best MLB in the league
The best DL in the league with Bosa, Armstead, Hargrave, Young etc.
Top 5 TE
Top 6-7 WR

They just lost to a team that doesnt have anywhere near that talent in the SB. If they keep Purdy they will have to pay him, probably 35-40 million a year, because someone will give that to him if they wont. You just arent keeping that amount of talent given the salary cap realities.

What’s really needed is for the quarterback to be able to throw an interception across his body into double coverage with the game on the line in the playoffs.
You’re lucky Love did that or your team wouldn’t have made the POs. I doubt he makes that same mistake again and he outplayed Purdy outside that mistake.

You’re lucky Love did that or your team wouldn’t have made the POs.
Wouldn’t have made the POs? That was in the playoffs.

I doubt he makes that same mistake again and he outplayed Purdy outside that mistake.

When Love throws an interception
across his body into double coverage in the playoffs with the game on the line, you say it’s luck that he did that.

If Purdy had thrown that exact same pass, you’d say it’s because he’s not very good and can’t lead his team to victory.

You already got caught moving the goal posts. Try being consistent.

Wouldn’t have made the POs? That was in the playoffs.

When Love throws an interception
across his body into double coverage in the playoffs with the game on the line, you say it’s luck that he did that.

If Purdy had thrown that exact same pass, you’d say it’s because he’s not very good and can’t lead his team to victory.

You already got caught moving the goal posts. Try being consistent.

I've been listening/watching sports commentators undermine & try to humiliate this guy, Purdy for over a year! I just don't understand it! Calling him "Mr. Irrelevant" persists after a SB appearance! SF could do worse! This past SB came down to half dozen great plays that Purdy had no control of; esp. the successful QB blitzes by Chris Jones & the KC Defense! Mahomes wasn't tearing it up thru the air either and the score was tight to the end! Great finish to the game at least! :) :rolleyes::oops::p

Purdy's problem is he's small, lacks arm talent, and he's not super athletic. There's a reason he went last in the draft and it's not because he can rifle the ball down the field 75 yards on a frozen rope. He's a good QB but he played 4 years in college, he's probably at or near his ceiling. He's the same age as Trevor Lawrence Hurts and Herbert. He's 3 years older than Stroud. There's just a limit to how far a player can go and alot of that is based on physical attributes. If he's willing to take no money and the 9ers can keep all this talent around him then that's ok but even if he takes middle of the road starting QB pay at 25 million/year that's CMac and Kittle's contracts. Do you really think Purdy can take up the slack for them? I dont.

Currently the 49er's have

The best RB in the league
The best LT in the league
The best swiss army knife WR/RB in the league in Deebo
The best MLB in the league
The best DL in the league with Bosa, Armstead, Hargrave, Young etc.
Top 5 TE
Top 6-7 WR

They just lost to a team that doesnt have anywhere near that talent in the SB. If they keep Purdy they will have to pay him, probably 35-40 million a year, because someone will give that to him if they wont. You just arent keeping that amount of talent given the salary cap realities.
All good points and to that I say, who knows? I'd give any QB
at least 2 full seasons before assessing his ceiling. It's no different with Purdy. I think the Josh Allen-like arm is over-rated. What separates the top QBs is their mind and how they process the field in the highest pressure situations.

Purdy's problem is he's small, lacks arm talent, and he's not super athletic. There's a reason he went last in the draft and it's not because he can rifle the ball down the field 75 yards on a frozen rope.
Same could apply to Tom Brady
He didnt impress anyone with his athleticism out of college and his early years were unimpressive

All good points and to that I say, who knows? I'd give any QB
at least 2 full seasons before assessing his ceiling. It's no different with Purdy. I think the Josh Allen-like arm is over-rated. What separates the top QBs is their mind and how they process the field in the highest pressure situations.

It's obviously worked out for Mahomes & KC! Being a defending chp. was stressful enough, but to have the angst of this past season w/ dropped balls by receivers dragged the team down into some humiliating losses! It really hurt Tyreek took the $$ over being ICONIC as Montana/Rice w/ Pat! Dumb IMO! They need to go out there and get a speedster WR to go deep! :stir: :):rolleyes::oops:

It's obviously worked out for Mahomes & KC! Being a defending chp. was stressful enough, but to have the angst of this past season w/ dropped balls by receivers dragged the team down into some humiliating losses! It really hurt Tyreek took the $$ over being ICONIC as Montana/Rice w/ Pat! Dumb IMO! They need to go out there and get a speedster WR to go deep! :stir: :):rolleyes::oops:
Yup. KC is definitely going to address their issue at WR, which will almost certainly make them a better team next year.

They’re already a dynasty and they’re only going to get better.

Forum List

Back