Justin Fields

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
There is talk about the Bears trading away Justin Fields and selecting a QB with the number one pick in the draft. Is that a good idea or should they keep him and select the best wide receiver available instead?

Fields has not had any real firepower around him on offense and has to carry the load. The Bears organization has done a poor job with drafting quality players.

I don’t think Fields has shown enough to make them believe he’s the guy.

I think they’re going to trade him away.

I don’t think Fields has shown enough to make them believe he’s the guy.

I think they’re going to trade him away.
Fields has the talent to be exceptional but the Bears need to upgrade the offense.

Puts Chicago in an excellent spot for the second year in a row.
If they are willing to go with Fields or think that none of the available QBs are definitely better than Fields, they would reap a bonanza in trading down.
Definitely a high draft pick this year, number one next year. A two this year or next and whatever threes and fours that get thrown in.

If they decide to trade Fields, they get their pick of QBs this year and probably a number 2.

Win/Win

I'd keep Fields and trade the top pick to a team that wants to bank its future on USC QB Caleb Williams.

Is Caleb Williams definitely better than Fields who has NFL experience?

No doubt, Williams is a Shiny New Penny with no downside and Fields has shown his pluses and minuses in an NFL environment.

But you really don’t know

`The Bears organization is one of the poorest at drafting.

Fields has not had any real firepower around him on offense and has to carry the load. The Bears organization has done a poor job with drafting quality players.
DJ Moore?

Kimet?

Their line is decent.

Fields just isnt the guy.

Is Fields going to leave Chicago as soon as he can, or does he really want to stay there and build something? And is he going to want top dollars to extend his contract? Does he believe he'll eventually be worth $60 mil/year? Is the situation already so toxic for him that that his chances to be successful are diminished in Chicago? It looks like a nightmare for him now, maybe it would be best for him and for the Bears to trade him.

DJ Moore is the only real weapon on offense and the OL is just mediocre.
Kimet is a good TE. DJ Moore is a legit #1 WR. The other WR's serviceable. You cant expect that you're going to have the best guy at every position. Either you can make shit happen and get wins or you cant. Fields it 10-32.....

Is Fields going to leave Chicago as soon as he can, or does he really want to stay there and build something? And is he going to want top dollars to extend his contract? Does he believe he'll eventually be worth $60 mil/year? Is the situation already so toxic for him that that his chances to be successful are diminished in Chicago? It looks like a nightmare for him now, maybe it would be best for him and for the Bears to trade him.
Fields was forced into a starting job before he was ready and the coaching was inferior. They have wasted his talent.

Kimet is a good TE. DJ Moore is a legit #1 WR. The other WR's serviceable. You cant expect that you're going to have the best guy at every position. Either you can make shit happen and get wins or you cant.
He should have sat on the bench for one season until he was ready to be the starter. The Bears force fed him and the results indicate that.

Fields was forced into a starting job before he was ready and the coaching was inferior. They have wasted his talent.

Agreed. I think he has the ability to take a decent team to the playoffs. People think that QBs win SB trophies; no they don't, good teams win trophies and while the QB is the most important part of a good team, he can't do it all.

Agreed. I think he has the ability to take a decent team to the playoffs. People think that QBs win SB trophies; no they don't, good teams win trophies and while the QB is the most important part of a good team, he can't do it all.
Even the Chiefs with Mahomes relied on their defense to win the Super Bowl.

He should have sat on the bench for one season until he was ready to be the starter. The Bears force fed him and the results indicate that.
He's played 3 seasons now. He's not getting better. Throw out his rookie year what's the excuse now?

Forum List

Back