Rush Limbaugh: NY Cigarette Taxes killed Eric Garner

What has to suck for most liberals/dems is seeing New York is just as RACIST as any other state. I'm glad the commie/radicals have taken their protesting and is putting it ON YOU and your state. enjoy it you helped in getting it started...
what Limbaugh has to say means nothing. he's free to say what he wants

New York Cigarette Taxes Killed Eric Garner - The Rush Limbaugh Show

^ This elaborate statement by Rush ^ reminds me of someone ranting on another thread
how religions cause all the world's problems. And wants to destroy religions blamed on greed.

But what about all the other institutions that profit off greed, why not abolish those also. Why not abolish
cigarette manufacturers if that is all based on greed. Why blame only race or religion for problems.

Excerpt from Rush, linked above, where he points out govt dependence on taxes made off cigarette sales:

RUSH: I don't want anybody to misunderstand me here. There's a lot of nuance here and a lot of ancillary points that I'm focusing on. I'm not saying that Eric Garner was killed for selling cigarettes. He didn't die because he was selling cigarettes, untaxed or otherwise. He died because he resisted arrest and the cops -- I still can't believe the number of them. And you know something else that amazed me? This just an observation.

I know Eric Garner's a big guy, but what amazed me was how small the cops look compared to him. I know he's a big guy, but it took a lot of cops to subdue this guy, apparently. The whole thing here is just -- I don't know -- weird. The grand jury decision is what it is. And legal beagle friends of mine, some of them say that they have no problem with it; others are concerned with it. There's a lot of confusion about this. There's an earlier part of the audio where it is made clear that he will not be arrested. There was no reason for him to continue to resist as he was.

He was being told he wasn't gonna be arrested, yet he continued, Garner continued to resist. So what do you do? Pepper spray, Taser. Given officer training, I don't know what you do at that point. They're telling him he's not gonna be arrested, but he continues to fight 'em and resist and all this, and then he gets descended on by an increasing number of cops. The cops can't walk away. Remember, the cops had been summoned by a minority-owned business complaining this guy was hurting his business.

You had a minority-owned business owner call the cops and say, "Hey, look, I got a guy selling illegal black market cigarettes out in front of my store. You gotta come do something about it." The cops showed up, because it's a focal point for the city and its tax collection efforts. It was more than one local business. A bunch of them were saying that Garner and people like him were hurting their businesses with cheap cigarettes. He was driving business away.

Now, this man, Garner, had been arrested at least 31 times before. He was on parole from a previous charge of selling cigarettes. He should have known the drill, but he kept fighting back. He told the cops, "This ends now." Apparently he'd been fed up with what he thought was police harassment, and he had had enough of it, and he said, "This ends now." I remember what Chuck Barkley said, Charles Barkley said when the cops are trying to arrest you and you fight back, things go wrong, especially if you happen to be obese and have asthma and heart disease and diabetes.

Now, the media has skipped over some details about Garner's arrest. The police were sent to arrest Garner because local minority-owned businesses were complaining he was driving business away and that he was competing with businesses that sold cigarettes by selling illegal, untaxed cigarettes one at a time, loosies, so the cops were called. A second fact that the media is conveniently ignoring is it was a black precinct chief who ordered the police to arrest Garner, and a third fact is the arresting police team was under the supervision of a black female police sergeant.

Now, I don't know why the news media would leave all that information out, but they did. It totally amazes me why none of that information ended up in the media. A lot of people are saying, "See, Rush, see, no matter what you do, no matter what happens, no matter what you tell us, this is a perfect example of out-of-control cops." Well, is it?

Ok...having read all that, what does it have to do with the excessive use of force by the NYPD that got a guy killed?

P.S. bodecea
after watching the video again,
it doesn't look like they INTENDED to use excess force to injure or kill anyone.

The real problem is no one was trained to recognize and react to a heart attack or stroke.
they look like they thought he was passed out, like fainting.

So there was negligence there that is more proveable, more clear.

It looks like a mix of "BYSTANDER SYNDROME" where if no one perceives it is a life or death emergency, everyone assumes something else is going on (or assumes "someone already assessed the guy is just fainting and not dying since nobody is panicking")

and just plain not trained to respond to a CPR type situation
where you go into action and don't wait around to find out

I think they can prove either negligence or deliberate failure to render aid
before they can prove that officer really intended to cause injury or death.

They can likely prove it was against the police procedures to do it the way they did.

But the real lapse was in not rendering aid
which was either negligence in lacking training and not applying it,
and/or "bystander syndrome" where people wait on social cues to assess how to respond.

This has happened with people screaming for help,
and no one responding because no one else is responding.
Everyone waits on everyone else.

Something like that appears to be the case here, where everyone assumed
the other people knew what they were doing and they didn't.

Last edited:
Good point ain't it? Police officers pass by marijuana smokers all day long and the D.A. refuses to prosecute so they ignore them but a guy who is selling cigarettes and untaxed cigarettes at that is a prime candidate for the slammers. You can focus on the fact that Garner knew he was committing a crime and refused arrest and had to be restrained but the reason he was targeted by law enforcement was because he was violating NYC tax regulations.
you know I remain amazed at the inability of people such as yourself who don't read the facts. he wasn't being arrested you tool. Read what was posted stupid!!!!!

New York Cigarette Taxes Killed Eric Garner - The Rush Limbaugh Show

^ This elaborate statement by Rush ^ reminds me of someone ranting on another thread
how religions cause all the world's problems. And wants to destroy religions blamed on greed.

But what about all the other institutions that profit off greed, why not abolish those also. Why not abolish
cigarette manufacturers if that is all based on greed. Why blame only race or religion for problems.

Excerpt from Rush, linked above, where he points out govt dependence on taxes made off cigarette sales:

RUSH: I don't want anybody to misunderstand me here. There's a lot of nuance here and a lot of ancillary points that I'm focusing on. I'm not saying that Eric Garner was killed for selling cigarettes. He didn't die because he was selling cigarettes, untaxed or otherwise. He died because he resisted arrest and the cops -- I still can't believe the number of them. And you know something else that amazed me? This just an observation.

I know Eric Garner's a big guy, but what amazed me was how small the cops look compared to him. I know he's a big guy, but it took a lot of cops to subdue this guy, apparently. The whole thing here is just -- I don't know -- weird. The grand jury decision is what it is. And legal beagle friends of mine, some of them say that they have no problem with it; others are concerned with it. There's a lot of confusion about this. There's an earlier part of the audio where it is made clear that he will not be arrested. There was no reason for him to continue to resist as he was.

He was being told he wasn't gonna be arrested, yet he continued, Garner continued to resist. So what do you do? Pepper spray, Taser. Given officer training, I don't know what you do at that point. They're telling him he's not gonna be arrested, but he continues to fight 'em and resist and all this, and then he gets descended on by an increasing number of cops. The cops can't walk away. Remember, the cops had been summoned by a minority-owned business complaining this guy was hurting his business.

You had a minority-owned business owner call the cops and say, "Hey, look, I got a guy selling illegal black market cigarettes out in front of my store. You gotta come do something about it." The cops showed up, because it's a focal point for the city and its tax collection efforts. It was more than one local business. A bunch of them were saying that Garner and people like him were hurting their businesses with cheap cigarettes. He was driving business away.

Now, this man, Garner, had been arrested at least 31 times before. He was on parole from a previous charge of selling cigarettes. He should have known the drill, but he kept fighting back. He told the cops, "This ends now." Apparently he'd been fed up with what he thought was police harassment, and he had had enough of it, and he said, "This ends now." I remember what Chuck Barkley said, Charles Barkley said when the cops are trying to arrest you and you fight back, things go wrong, especially if you happen to be obese and have asthma and heart disease and diabetes.

Now, the media has skipped over some details about Garner's arrest. The police were sent to arrest Garner because local minority-owned businesses were complaining he was driving business away and that he was competing with businesses that sold cigarettes by selling illegal, untaxed cigarettes one at a time, loosies, so the cops were called. A second fact that the media is conveniently ignoring is it was a black precinct chief who ordered the police to arrest Garner, and a third fact is the arresting police team was under the supervision of a black female police sergeant.

Now, I don't know why the news media would leave all that information out, but they did. It totally amazes me why none of that information ended up in the media. A lot of people are saying, "See, Rush, see, no matter what you do, no matter what happens, no matter what you tell us, this is a perfect example of out-of-control cops." Well, is it?

Ok...having read all that, what does it have to do with the excessive use of force by the NYPD that got a guy killed?
the resisting part!!!!!!!!!!!!! here we go with the stupid stick injecting itself in another thread and dude you got whacked really well.

"Rush Limbaugh: NY Cigarette Taxes killed Eric Garner"

That Limbaugh is an idiot comes as no surprise, his moronic 'premise' fails as a post hoc fallacy, as Garner's death had nothing to do with 'taxes.'
more stupid provided to you by CCJ. You couldn't resist getting into the more stupid club on this board. But you've earned it with this one. LOL :lmao:

Forum List

Back