RULING — Cobb County refuses to remove 16,000 voters who don’t live in Georgia

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Cobb Board of Elections shows what complete scumbags they are:

MARIETTA, GA — The Cobb County Board of Elections and Registration unanimously voted to deny a hearing on three separate challenges aimed at disqualifying thousands of Cobb County voters ahead of the Jan. 5 Senate runoff election.

The board called a special meeting to hear the three challenges — one from Cobb County GOP Chairman Jason Shepherd, and two from Pamela Reardon, a Cobb County real estate agent — and determine if there was probable cause for a full hearing.
Jason Shepherd told the board that he found evidence of approximately 16,024 people registered to vote in the county who reside outside of Georgia. The information was gathered by running the county’s voter registration database against the National Change of Address registry, he told the board in a letter earlier this month.
Two similar challenges were filed by Marietta attorney Pamela Reardon. One of the submissions was sent through True the Vote, a Texas-based election integrity group. True the Vote announced on Dec. 18 that it was partnering with Georgians in every county to challenge 364,541 potentially ineligible voters.
Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said in a statement released by True the Vote: “I’ve said since Election Day that I must follow the law in the execution of our elections, and I’ve also encouraged Georgians to report any suspected problems for my office to investigate. Though federal law restricts our ability to update our voter registration lists, the Elector Challenge is a vehicle under our law to ensure voter integrity. I support any effort that builds faith in our election system that follows the proper legal procedure.”
Both of the challenges questioned the eligibility of voters who were listed on National Change of Address records and the Cobb County voter registration database, claiming that those voters no longer live in Georgia and cannot vote in Cobb County in the runoff election. But the county’s legal counsel said the evidence provided did not indicate probable cause for a full hearing.

MARIETTA, GA — The Cobb County Board of Elections and Registration unanimously voted to deny a hearing on three separate challenges aimed at disqualifying thousands of Cobb County voters ahead of the Jan. 5 Senate runoff election.

The board called a special meeting to hear the three challenges — one from Cobb County GOP Chairman Jason Shepherd, and two from Pamela Reardon, a Cobb County real estate agent — and determine if there was probable cause for a full hearing.
Jason Shepherd told the board that he found evidence of approximately 16,024 people registered to vote in the county who reside outside of Georgia. The information was gathered by running the county’s voter registration database against the National Change of Address registry, he told the board in a letter earlier this month.
Two similar challenges were filed by Marietta attorney Pamela Reardon. One of the submissions was sent through True the Vote, a Texas-based election integrity group. True the Vote announced on Dec. 18 that it was partnering with Georgians in every county to challenge 364,541 potentially ineligible voters.
Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, said in a statement released by True the Vote: “I’ve said since Election Day that I must follow the law in the execution of our elections, and I’ve also encouraged Georgians to report any suspected problems for my office to investigate. Though federal law restricts our ability to update our voter registration lists, the Elector Challenge is a vehicle under our law to ensure voter integrity. I support any effort that builds faith in our election system that follows the proper legal procedure.”
Both of the challenges questioned the eligibility of voters who were listed on National Change of Address records and the Cobb County voter registration database, claiming that those voters no longer live in Georgia and cannot vote in Cobb County in the runoff election. But the county’s legal counsel said the evidence provided did not indicate probable cause for a full hearing.

You left this out::::

"
“I don’t believe this is probable cause to challenge these voters,” Gregg Litchfield, one of the county’s attorneys, said during the meeting. “The mere production of a voter registration database, compared with a national change of address registry, is not sufficient.”

Litchfield said Shepherd’s list of voters did not include the distinction between a permanent or temporary change of address, which is a distinction the NCOA includes in its change-of-address form.

He also noted that the National Voter Registration Act indicates voter list maintenance must be done no later than 90 days prior to an Election Day, which meant list maintenance would have had to take place prior to Oct. 5.

“We’re 19 days before the election. This list is certainly not a fact,” Litchfield said.

You left this out::::

"
“I don’t believe this is probable cause to challenge these voters,” Gregg Litchfield, one of the county’s attorneys, said during the meeting. “The mere production of a voter registration database, compared with a national change of address registry, is not sufficient.”

Litchfield said Shepherd’s list of voters did not include the distinction between a permanent or temporary change of address, which is a distinction the NCOA includes in its change-of-address form.

He also noted that the National Voter Registration Act indicates voter list maintenance must be done no later than 90 days prior to an Election Day, which meant list maintenance would have had to take place prior to Oct. 5.

“We’re 19 days before the election. This list is certainly not a fact,” Litchfield said.
Litchfield is obviously a Democrat douchebag.

After this, I wonder if people moving to another state will actually tell the Registrar of Voters. If someone doesn't, and they find a new out of state address elsewhere, the Registrar can't remove them until they haven't voted in 2 federal elections. That's 4 years. And that's a federal law. But the Registrar puts them on the Inactive Status list. Best they can do. So all these out of state voter complaints can't be remedied. Besides, military and college students DO live out of state and are valid.

This is more noise, I think, to make people distrust the election results. Conservatives sure do seem worried they're going to lose, don't they?

When I worked on various projects all over the eastern US, I changed my mailing address numerous times without every changing my legal residence.

A change of address is for my mail. When I went to work in TN, VA or FL, I wanted my bills and important mail to be delivered to me there. My residency did not change.

Litchfield is obviously a Democrat douchebag.
Your definition of democrat douchebag, is anyone who wants to follow federal legal requirements in federal elections.

The National change of address registry gets their data from USPS. Some people move without providing that info so that their past bills don't follow them to their new home. Or, they just forget.

There's no there, there.

When I worked on various projects all over the eastern US, I changed my mailing address numerous times without every changing my legal residence.

A change of address is for my mail. When I went to work in TN, VA or FL, I wanted my bills and important mail to be delivered to me there. My residency did not change.
If Georgia wants to see if somebody still lives in Georgia, they should look at their state income tax returns. Property tax receipts, and DMV records. A person can only have one legal residence, and those records would collectively reflect it.

After all, Donald J. Trump moved to Florida even though he spent less than 10% of his time there.

Oh look, one lying idiot with zero evidence got laughed out of the room again. I am sensing a pattern...

I did the same thing when I was working in Maryland but kept my legal address in NJ.

Many seasonal workers will have a temporary change of address
Students are not allowed to vote where they go to school

You can put a fork in this thread.
It's done.
The belief though will go on and on. As it should. Remember. You will be affected by these tyrants also. Unless you are making out on the false money spending agendas.

You're right. The right wing's "NO CONSPIRACY THEORY LEFT BEHIND" policy will keep that alive along with all the other crazy discredited crap that they continue to spout here every day.

All you Trumpers have left on the voter fraud lie is to resort to rubbish heap news sites. At any rate, Jean Shepard is a Republican hack. The election board found no proof out of staters were moving in and registering to vote.

I have a prediction. This is a trash law suit that will be laughed out of court like the other 80 or so bogus cases alleging voter fraud that preceded it.

I would also add that the OP obviously does not have a clue what a "Ruling" is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back