Royal Society special issue details ‘hellish vision’ of 7°F (4°C) world — which we ma

Kind of looks like a real fruitcake. Real scientists from allmost every nation on earth are now sounding the tocsin, stating that we are changing the climate at a rate that may move from incremental, to adrupt. And our fruitcake declares all of them to be not only wrong, but in on some sort of Goldfinger conpriracy. Lordy, lordy, he and his backup chorus of the willfully ignorant are truly a bunch of clowns.

Whoooopdy doo asshole..................

So? What? Who gives a fcukk what the "real" scientists are saying Captain Obvious?

So what do we all do........put water in our gas tanks and take our bikes 60 miles to work? Stop the freight trains and nobody gets any food? Shut down the coal mines and put 2.3 million Americans out of work?

Listen s0n........you got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. Thats what happens to people who sit at their PC for 15 hours a day.......the walls start moving in and trickle k00k becomes full blown paranoia.

Think about the sentiment behind statements made by raidicals like Chris and Old Rocks.......they might as well be standing in front of Town Hall announcing that we'd all best head down to the ocean with a bucket and start bailing the water.

A bit of advice from somebody who lives in the real world and has real responsibilities in life............

1) Get a hobby and a real job 2) Foster at least one meaningful relationship in your life. 3) Start building your own personal Kon Tikki project ( look it up) 4) Put a plaque up above your PC that states, "I SUPPORT REAL SCIENTISTS"

Don't have to look it up, dumb ass. I was alive when Thor Heyerdahl made that voyage. As for the rest of your sillyness, what else can one expect from a two digit IQ that never learned the meaning of the word research?

Who knows........maybe my IQ has fallen into the double digits, however, one thing puzzles this low IQ dumbass?

If the research was such a slam dunk in its findings, why would the purveyors of that research have to manipulate their statistics ( see University Research Unit, East Anglia, UK)? And more to the point, why is Cap and Trade legislation, which is so closely tied to the "research" turned into an abject failure?

This moron wants to know??

Funny-Climate-Change-Cartoons-Math-101.jpg

Last edited:
Walleyes, you have really hit the limit in your damned lies. This is the present President of the American Geophysical Union.
The TAO project: Michael McPhaden - Curriculum Vita

ABBREVIATED CURRICULUM VITAE
Click here for complete CV

Michael James McPhaden
NOAA/Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, Washington 98115
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 526-6783
Fax: (206) 526-6744

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

1998-present Senior Scientist, Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
1993-present Affiliate Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1990-present Senior Fellow, Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington
1990-1993 Affiliate Associate Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1988-1990 Affiliate Assistant Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1987-present Senior Fellow, Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research, University of Hawaii
1986-1998 Oceanographer (various ranks), Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
1984-1986 Research Assistant Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1982-1984 Visiting Research Scientist, Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington
1980-1982 Research Scientist, Oceanography Section, National Center for Atmospheric Research
EDUCATION
1980 Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Ph.D., Physical Oceanography; Dissertation title: “Models of the Equatorial Ocean Circulation”
1973 State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Physics, magna cum laude

damned lies! get serious Old Rocks. WW was guilty of poor wording but hardly guilty of lying. the board of directors chose a new director of communications who is a strongly left leaning english major with a history of attacking right wing politics but little experience in doing science. I suppose this is a development of last month's battle cry of sending in hundreds of scientists to debate the skeptics which was quickly rescinded when they were asked when the first public debate was to be held. I can understand hiring a public relations officer but putting a non-scientist on the board of directors is absurd.

Well Ian, are you able to read? The person in question is the new head of the AGU, not someone on the Board of Directors. As Walleyes clearly stated. And, yes, he did a direct and intentional lie.

And did you even bother to read the bio on Dr. McPhadden? If you did and still wrote this, then you are just as much a liar as Walleyes.

What I meant to say was "The new head of the AGU communications is an ENGLISH MAJOR!" I left off the communications part but a paragon of honesty such as you would never understand a simple error.

damned lies! get serious Old Rocks. WW was guilty of poor wording but hardly guilty of lying. the board of directors chose a new director of communications who is a strongly left leaning english major with a history of attacking right wing politics but little experience in doing science. I suppose this is a development of last month's battle cry of sending in hundreds of scientists to debate the skeptics which was quickly rescinded when they were asked when the first public debate was to be held. I can understand hiring a public relations officer but putting a non-scientist on the board of directors is absurd.

Thank you that is what I intended to say I just was tired so didn't check what I had actually written. A mistake for sure but not an intentional lie.

Bullshit. There is no way that you can flat out state that the present head of the AGU is an Enlish Major, and has no research experiance and pass it off as a mistake. Dr. McPhadden recieved a BS in Physics, Magna Cum Laude, and a Phd in Physical Oceanography.

He has a research record to be envied.

You purposely lied about him, you purposely lied about the American Geophysical Union.

No, I didn't, but believe whatever you wish if it makes you feel better.:lol: And please look at the response above you will see that it actually is a real sentence, not something that was cobbled together.

Last edited:
Walleyes, you have really hit the limit in your damned lies. This is the present President of the American Geophysical Union.
The TAO project: Michael McPhaden - Curriculum Vita

ABBREVIATED CURRICULUM VITAE
Click here for complete CV

Michael James McPhaden
NOAA/Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, Washington 98115
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 526-6783
Fax: (206) 526-6744

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

1998-present Senior Scientist, Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
1993-present Affiliate Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1990-present Senior Fellow, Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington
1990-1993 Affiliate Associate Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1988-1990 Affiliate Assistant Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1987-present Senior Fellow, Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research, University of Hawaii
1986-1998 Oceanographer (various ranks), Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington
1984-1986 Research Assistant Professor, School of Oceanography, University of Washington
1982-1984 Visiting Research Scientist, Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean, University of Washington
1980-1982 Research Scientist, Oceanography Section, National Center for Atmospheric Research
EDUCATION
1980 Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Ph.D., Physical Oceanography; Dissertation title: “Models of the Equatorial Ocean Circulation”
1973 State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Physics, magna cum laude

Well Ian, are you able to read? The person in question is the new head of the AGU, not someone on the Board of Directors. As Walleyes clearly stated. And, yes, he did a direct and intentional lie.

And did you even bother to read the bio on Dr. McPhadden? If you did and still wrote this, then you are just as much a liar as Walleyes.

take a breath Old Rocks. westwall specifically mentioned an "...ENGLISH MAJOR...", who he then mischaracterized as the head of the AGU. in fact, there is an 'english major' who was recently appointed to the board of directors as communications director. no one besides you has mentioned McPhaden, or even 'the president of the AGU'. westwall misspoke but you are petulantly holding him to something he obviously did not mean and did not state.

Chris Mooney is a journalist and author of Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens Our Future (co-authored by Sheril Kirshenbaum) and “Do Scientists Understand the Public?” a report of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He co-writes a blog with Kirshenbaum called “The Intersection” at Discover magazine which covers science’s interactions with politics and other realms.

Mooney was a Knight Science Journalism Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 2009-2010 and a Templeton-Cambridge Fellow in Science and Religion in 2010.

AGU bylaws authorize appointment of up to two members of the Board in addition to those elected by the membership. President Michael J. McPhaden exercised that option in bringing DesChamps and Mooney to the Board for approval.
Time to end your membership with the American Geophysical Union | Watts Up With That?

I am assuming you are talking about the same McPhaden because of the context. Or should I accuse you of talking about someone else because you misspelt his name?

Westwall,

And all of the principles are heavilly invested in the fraud so big effing deal. That is no more a legitimate argument than saying cold fusion is real it just needs a few tweaks. The new head of the AGU is an ENGLISH MAJOR! He was placed there because he can argue better than the dolt who was there before. So how do you like them apples olfraud. The AGU once a very well respected scientific organization has gone the propaganda route to try and win back the lost ground....they didn't pick a scientist!

LAUGHABLE![/QUOTE]

That is what you said above. How else was it to be interpreted but as referring to Dr. McPhadden.

So lets address the Director of Stratigic Communications and Outreach.

Ann Cairns - LinkedIn

Ann Cairns’s Experience
Director-Strategic Communications and Outreach
American Geophysical Union
(Non-Profit; Publishing industry)

September 2009 — Present (1 year 4 months)

Responsible for public information (media relations and other), public affairs (government relations), education and career services (students and K-12 teachers) and AGU web site.

Consultant and Coach
Strategic Marketing and Communications
(Public Relations and Communications industry)

June 2008 — September 2009 (1 year 4 months)

Marketing and communications analysis and planning, consultation, contract work, and coaching.

Director-Communications/Marketing/Sales
Geological Society of America
(Non-Profit; 51-200 employees; Non-Profit Organization Management industry)

March 1999 — June 2008 (9 years 4 months)

Director-Marketing
Probita Inc.
(Computer Software industry)

October 1994 — June 1998 (3 years 9 months)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann Cairns’s Education
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
MBA , Management and Marketing , 1976 — 1978

University of Colorado at Boulder
BA , History , 1969 — 1973

University of Denver
Certificate , Gerontology , 1987

BA in History. Not English. However, having a person in charge of communications that was an english major is not that bad of an idea.

Time to end your membership with the American Geophysical Union | Watts Up With That?

Mooney was a Knight Science Journalism Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 2009-2010 and a Templeton-Cambridge Fellow in Science and Religion in 2010.

So Anthony Watts thinks that appointing someone to help with communications that has a degree in Journalism and honors for science reporting is a bad idea? And what kind of influence does an undegreed ex-TV weatherman thinks he has, in any case.

Seems to me that Dr. McPhadens made excellent choices.

Westwall,

And all of the principles are heavilly invested in the fraud so big effing deal. That is no more a legitimate argument than saying cold fusion is real it just needs a few tweaks. The new head of the AGU is an ENGLISH MAJOR! He was placed there because he can argue better than the dolt who was there before. So how do you like them apples olfraud. The AGU once a very well respected scientific organization has gone the propaganda route to try and win back the lost ground....they didn't pick a scientist!

LAUGHABLE!

That is what you said above. How else was it to be interpreted but as referring to Dr. McPhadden.

So lets address the Director of Stratigic Communications and Outreach.

Ann Cairns - LinkedIn

Ann Cairns’s Experience
Director-Strategic Communications and Outreach
American Geophysical Union
(Non-Profit; Publishing industry)

September 2009 — Present (1 year 4 months)

Responsible for public information (media relations and other), public affairs (government relations), education and career services (students and K-12 teachers) and AGU web site.

Consultant and Coach
Strategic Marketing and Communications
(Public Relations and Communications industry)

June 2008 — September 2009 (1 year 4 months)

Marketing and communications analysis and planning, consultation, contract work, and coaching.

Director-Communications/Marketing/Sales
Geological Society of America
(Non-Profit; 51-200 employees; Non-Profit Organization Management industry)

March 1999 — June 2008 (9 years 4 months)

Director-Marketing
Probita Inc.
(Computer Software industry)

October 1994 — June 1998 (3 years 9 months)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann Cairns’s Education
Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
MBA , Management and Marketing , 1976 — 1978

University of Colorado at Boulder
BA , History , 1969 — 1973

University of Denver
Certificate , Gerontology , 1987

BA in History. Not English. However, having a person in charge of communications that was an english major is not that bad of an idea.[/QUOTE]

Sure olfraud, all this shows is just how much you are afraid of me that you will expend so much energy on a triviality. OK I admit it, I'm the anti christ. Have a blast!:lol::lol::lol:

Walleyes, you simply have proven that you will lie without shame to vilify your betters.

No, but I do make mistakes. You on the other hand are looking in the mirror again.

Oh, you mean you did not change all their minds with your brilliance? Ah yes, a member of the Royol Society, a member of the AGU, and then stating that the new head of the AGU is an English Major. Just a minor slip. Pathetic, old boy, pathetic.

2010 AGU Fall Meeting | Conference | Arctic Portal

Yep. Most of the program was boring and predictable. And you are, of course, a psychic. AGU fall conferance, Dec. 13 through 17. Lordy, lordy

Yes it has so far been mind numbingly boring for the most part. Lots of people telling you what to think (you'd fit right in!). Quite sad in point of fact. Of course 'twas to be expected. The Chron is being a little more even handed though and hasn't published any of the truly stupid stuff these guys are uttering. But there's still a few days to go. Fortunately I have a dentists appointment tomorrow to take my mind off of the crapola!:lol::lol:

What I meant to say was "The new head of the AGU communications is an ENGLISH MAJOR!" I left off the communications part but a paragon of honesty such as you would never understand a simple error.

Yeah?

So what? His role is to communicate, not do the science, but make it understandable to people who aren't scientists.

That is what communications people do, after all.

My guess would be the head of the department for security of that organization is probably an expert in security and not a scientist, too.

Whoooopdy doo asshole..................

So? What? Who gives a fcukk what the "real" scientists are saying Captain Obvious?

So what do we all do........put water in our gas tanks and take our bikes 60 miles to work? Stop the freight trains and nobody gets any food? Shut down the coal mines and put 2.3 million Americans out of work?

Listen s0n........you got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. Thats what happens to people who sit at their PC for 15 hours a day.......the walls start moving in and trickle k00k becomes full blown paranoia.

Think about the sentiment behind statements made by raidicals like Chris and Old Rocks.......they might as well be standing in front of Town Hall announcing that we'd all best head down to the ocean with a bucket and start bailing the water.

A bit of advice from somebody who lives in the real world and has real responsibilities in life............

1) Get a hobby and a real job 2) Foster at least one meaningful relationship in your life. 3) Start building your own personal Kon Tikki project ( look it up) 4) Put a plaque up above your PC that states, "I SUPPORT REAL SCIENTISTS"

Don't have to look it up, dumb ass. I was alive when Thor Heyerdahl made that voyage. As for the rest of your sillyness, what else can one expect from a two digit IQ that never learned the meaning of the word research?

Who knows........maybe my IQ has fallen into the double digits, however, one thing puzzles this low IQ dumbass?

If the research was such a slam dunk in its findings, why would the purveyors of that research have to manipulate their statistics ( see University Research Unit, East Anglia, UK)? And more to the point, why is Cap and Trade legislation, which is so closely tied to the "research" turned into an abject failure?

This moron wants to know??

Funny-Climate-Change-Cartoons-Math-101.jpg

RESPONSE fAiL ALERT

Walleyes, you simply have proven that you will lie without shame to vilify your betters.
"Betters"? There's that elitist bullshit again. Meanwhile, all you have done to prove yourself "better" than anyone else is mindlessly parrot the opinions you're handed.

Daveboy, your reading comprehension is in need of a tuneup. Our faux geologist was vilifying, and continues to vilify, the real scientists in the AGU.

As far as mindlessly parroting talking points, that is all you have done. You are a true Conservative. Never research, just take talking points from drugged out radio jocks and pretend that they are truths from heaven.

Forum List

Back