Ronald Reagan was 8% behind Jimmy Carter in the mid-october Polls

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
And that was just before his historic Landslide victory. Has the media always been in the tank for the left?
Reagan was as much as 6% behind in the days leading up to the election.
Here I was thinking that the poll inaccuracies were a recent event.

Jo

No I've followed politics since I was a child back in the 1960s. Its always the same, polls show it going back and forth and near election day the polls show the gap closing and too close to call. The when the votes are counted its not even close. I ignore the polls.

And that was just before his historic Landslide victory. Has the media always been in the tank for the left?

Jo

Read up

SnopesFreee.jpg

Jo

You also had a third party candidate who was drawing a substantial level of support. Also Ronald Reagan was a much better person than despicable Donald Trump. Trump is in the same position Carter was.

Ronald Reagan was not the incumbent president in that election

I kinda wished that Biden would have made a joke about himself in the debates when the blob tried to compare himself to Lincoln....

"Mr. President, I knew Lincoln, I worked with Lincoln. You sir are no Abraham Lincoln." It would have been a rare light moment

Jo
The media was in the tank for Dubya in 2004. And Reagan in 1984. And The Good Bush in 1988.

Jo
The media was in the tank for Dubya in 2004. And Reagan in 1984. And The Good Bush in 1988.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Carter was so miserable anyone could have beaten him.
Carter: Great man, good president. Accomplished a ton of stuff. You're too ignorant to know.

Unlike Trumple, Carter actually did bring peace between two of the major players in the ME that had fought four wars. Unlike the UAE, who just built a massive skyscraper and built artificial islands.

Carter: Great man, good president. Accomplished a ton of stuff. You're too ignorant to know.

Sure.

That's why he got his ass thrown out after four years.
I KNOW you're too ignorant.

He lost because of the Iranian Hostage Crisis, in which Reagan extended the misery of those hostages by dealing with the Iranians secretly to hold them until after the election.

Because Republicans are scum.

Unlike Trumple, Carter actually did bring peace between two of the major players in the ME that had fought four wars. Unlike the UAE, who just built a massive skyscraper and built artificial islands.
His list of accomplishments is stunning. Wingnuts have no clue.

Forum List

Back