Ron DeSantis 'Will Destroy Our Democracy,' Says Fascism Expert

Trump was a buffoon. Despite his bloviating, he was relatively harmless - way more interested in stroking his petty ego than doing any real damage. DeSantis, however, is ready, willing and able to give the fascists what they want.
Relatively harmless ? I get your POV but only up to a point.
I beg to differ long term. Incompetence breeds inaction and over reaction. For months inaction by an admin filled with appointed business executives in positions where where dedicated experience was needed, prioritized making money, literally for Trump and his child advisors over protecting Americans.

Thousands died needlessly. Like the gun maker supporters say, deaths are necessary to save America for the rich and well connected. Trump promoted and supported buffoonery at every level. He worships the less educated and the incompetent. How is that harmless ? Well, it is if you’re Trump and surrounded by agents and the best healthcare in the world. The rest of us aren’t.

But agree, DeSantes is a more experienced fk up.
But he may only get nominated if Trump is still on trial.
what mainstream but still two faced republicans left are praying that democrats can do their job for them.

Last edited:
Relatively harmless ? I get your POV but only up to a point.
I beg to differ long term. Incompetence breeds inaction and over reaction. For months inaction by an admin filled with appointed business executives in positions where where dedicated experience was needed, prioritized making money, literally for Trump and his child advisors over protecting Americans.

Thousands died needlessly. Like the gun maker supporters say, deaths are necessary to save America for the rich and well connected. Trump promoted and supported buffoonery at every level. He worships the less educated and the incompetent. How is that harmless ? Well, it is if you’re Trump and surrounded by agents and the best healthcare in the world. The rest of us aren’t.
I said relatively harmless. Wait till DeSantis gets in there and turns the culture war up to eleven.

And, given that Dems are doing everything in their power to make that happen, I suspect we'll get to see whether I'm right.

Ron DeSantis 'Will Destroy Our Democracy,' Says Fascism Expert​

By Ewan Palmer On 2/27/23 at 8:27 AM EST

DeSantis is a scary scary man. He really does remind me of Mussolini in many ways. He hates opposing opinions.
You trannies our destroying our democracy. All by design

1680286625316144.jpg

First it was the blacks and now the LGBT freaks. Well this is your future get use to it

1680284702049984.jpg

DeSantis is just doing what his supporters want him to do. Conservatives don't actually give a fiddler's fuck about 'free speech.'. Most have no idea what the first amendment says.

Yet they give lip service to the idea.

When Disney criticized the 'don't say gay' bill, Ron used the power of the State to punish Disney for their free speech. Hawley took it a step further and tried to strip Disney of their property to punish them for their free speech.

And conservatives cheered. Because DeSantis did what they ACTUALLY believe in, rather than what conservatives CLAIM they believe in. DeSantis used the power of the state to punish free speech of those that criticize conservatives.

Which is an actual conservative value.

Look at Trump. He *repeatedly* tried to use the power of his office to punish those using their free speech to criticize him. With Trump trying to shut Jimmy Kimmel down after Kimmel criticized and mocked Trump. And the White House trying to force Twitter to remove tweets calling Trump a 'pussy ass bitch'.

Unwittingly proving Chrissy Teigan right in her assessment of Trump. As that was a total pussy ass bitch move.

Lou Dobbs, during Trump's presidency insisted that Trump had the power to shut down any news agency that Trump determined was spreading 'disinformation'.

"And when I say shut down, I mean shut down!" Dobbs insisted on air.

Conservatives would absolutely, without a doubt, use the power of the state to stifle free speech and ban criticism....if they could get away with it. As fascists do.
Listening to progs whine about censorship is like listening to prostitutes pine about the beaufy of chastity.

I said relatively harmless. Wait till DeSantis gets in there and turns the culture war up to eleven.
btw, his own nominees in the cabinet said he was single handily responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths from covid. But you have a point if you’re comparing him to other past GOP presidents who have treated human life like garbage. Denying AGW, refusing to suport affordable health care, releasing terrorist by invading Iraq, refusing to do anything about firearms being the leading killer of children. And on it goes.

Trump was a normal Republican in that respect. Trump bragged about being an advocate for healthcare, but never signed one bill to improve it while allowing the separation of children from their parents who have yet to be reunited with

Trump was your average, harmless wild dog infected with rabies.

And, given that Dems are doing everything in their power to make that happen, I suspect we'll get to see whether I'm right.
They are bound by doing the right thing first, and that sometimes isn’t popular. It cost a lot democrats their seats when they voted for Obamacare which ultimately has save a lot of lIves and prevented thousands of medically cost related bankruptcy's.

I said I am not afraid

Tranny freaks are a threat to children not adults
Really ?
Like Hillary who ran a child sex ring ?

So the adult males who do run child sex rings for heterosexuals, are less of a problem. Comare the numbers of trsns vs heterosexual who abuse kids. How about catholic priests. Never heard of a trans priest abusing children.

Ron DeSantis 'Will Destroy Our Democracy,' Says Fascism Expert​

By Ewan Palmer On 2/27/23 at 8:27 AM EST

DeSantis is a scary scary man. He really does remind me of Mussolini in many ways. He hates opposing opinions.
Desantis reminds you of Mussolini? LOL He hates opposing opinions? Tell us how your Democrat Leaders feel about opposing opinions. How do pro-abortionists feel about opposing opinions?

Rancid democrats must think that Trump is a done deal and they can move on to next.

Remember, democrats aren't after Trump, they are after all of us. Trump is just in the way. No one is safe.

Rancid democrats must think that Trump is a done deal and they can move on to next.
It has just started. Sit back and relax and enjoy all the right wing bitching and moaning.
Remember, democrats aren't after Trump, they are after all of us. Trump is just in the way. No one is safe.
Get real. Trump had more indictments and convictions from his administration then anyother. Now we’re going to find out if he’s as big a criminal as nearly everyone he hired.
Thats not unusual for repunants. So you may have missed all the crooks form Dubya and Reagan admins. Your crooks outnumber Dems over 200 to 1.

Forum List

Back