New book details ‘bloodthirsty’ New York Times staffers over Senator Tom Cotton op-ed: ‘I was so f—ing freaked out’, Cotton reacts on Hannity

I'm not seeing any leftists apologizing for being wrong on the origin of Covid?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know any 'leftists'...... but too, I've seen no one, leftist, or MAGA-QAnon'rs.......apologize for Covid either.

As far as the "origin" of Covid.....well, I dunno.
We seem to have conflicting views from different government agencies.
The latest view .....from the Energy Department......as reported:

"Though initially undecided about covid-19’s origins, Energy officials concluded as part of a new government-wide intelligence assessment that a lab accident was most likely the triggering event for the world’s worst pandemic in a century.

But other intelligence agencies involved in the classified update — completed in the past few weeks and kept under wraps — were divided on the question of covid-19’s origins, with most still maintaining that a natural, evolutionary “spillover” from animals was the most likely explanation. Even the Energy Department’s analysis was carefully hedged, as the officials expressed only “low confidence” in their conclusion, according to U.S. officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a classified report."

In short, poster kyzr, it seems the better part of prudence.....is to let this cake bake.

There is stuff that we civilians cannot know. And our dilemma is that any number of partisan bad actors can take the remaining 'mysteries' of Covid and spin 'em any which way they want. Mysteries are very useful for that kind of thing, e.g.....'Monkeys & bats did it'; or, 'Dr. Fauci did it', and so on and so on.

Us civilians run a real risk of looking like fools and dupes if we too hastily promote one version or another.

Let's see how the cake bakes. IMHO

Fake news is their norm. No wonder FNC has 10x the viewership.

The cult and the left in general are always the victim. They never apologize for anything.

I have been saying this on the board for years….THEY ARE ALWAYS WRONG, AND YET THEY NEVER CHANGE WHAT MAKES THEM ALWAYS WRONG. THEY NEVER LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES.

Just double down, quadruple down, octuple down….never will they say, “Wow, sorry, I got that wrong.”

Look at Sam Harris and how he spunbeing wrong on the “vax”…he said IF THE VIRUS WAS MORE DEADLY, HE WAS CORRECT! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know any 'leftists'...... but too, I've seen no one, leftist, or MAGA-QAnon'rs.......apologize for Covid either.

As far as the "origin" of Covid.....well, I dunno.
We seem to have conflicting views from different government agencies.
The latest view .....from the Energy Department......as reported:

"Though initially undecided about covid-19’s origins, Energy officials concluded as part of a new government-wide intelligence assessment that a lab accident was most likely the triggering event for the world’s worst pandemic in a century.

But other intelligence agencies involved in the classified update — completed in the past few weeks and kept under wraps — were divided on the question of covid-19’s origins, with most still maintaining that a natural, evolutionary “spillover” from animals was the most likely explanation. Even the Energy Department’s analysis was carefully hedged, as the officials expressed only “low confidence” in their conclusion, according to U.S. officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe a classified report."

In short, poster kyzr, it seems the better part of prudence.....is to let this cake bake.

There is stuff that we civilians cannot know. And our dilemma is that any number of partisan bad actors can take the remaining 'mysteries' of Covid and spin 'em any which way they want. Mysteries are very useful for that kind of thing, e.g.....'Monkeys & bats did it'; or, 'Dr. Fauci did it', and so on and so on.

Us civilians run a real risk of looking like fools and dupes if we too hastily promote one version or another.

Let's see how the cake bakes. IMHO
I only need to know a few factoids to prove what the cause of Covid was.

1. Covid came from a specific bat virus.
2. The specific bat only live 900 miles from Wuhan
3. Fau-Chi funded GOF research on bat viruses at the Wuhan lab (run by a Chinese General)
4. The first cases of Covid were workers from the Wuhan Lab

There is NO FUCKING WAY Covid occurred from bat to animal to human.

Saying Covid occurred naturally, without ANY evidence plays into the Chinese cover story.

"There is NO FUCKING WAY Covid occurred from bat to animal to human."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, but then there is Ebola. "The only animals found to harbor the Ebola virus were bats, specifically, three species of fruit bat: The hammer-headed bat, Franquet's epauletted fruit bat, and the little collared fruit bat."

And then that influenza-thingy:

• "The 1918 influenza pandemic swept the world within months, killing an estimated 50 million people — more than any other illness in recorded history for the short time frame involved. The H1N1 influenza virus that infected more than one-third of the globe had an avian origin."
  • Or, (H1N1)pdm09 ....."That virus appears to have originated in pig herds, with a so-called reassortment of influenza viruses — when the viruses swap genetic information.
  • Or, bubonic plague ---"It is carried by rodents and even cats, and hops to humans through bites from infected fleas (often rat fleas). The disease becomes most deadly to us when transmitted between people,
  • Or, HIV/Aids ---- "HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, has been traced to a type of chimpanzee in Central Africa, according to the CDC. The chimp version of this disease (simian immunodeficiency virus, or SIV) was likely passed to humans when they hunted these animals for meat, getting exposed to their infected blood.
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------
    The list can go on, poster kyzr. Humans CAN be and have been sickened by virus/bacteria/bad juju that originates in other species. We have known that for a very long time. So that portal of transmission must be thoroughly investigated.
    (by the way, 900 miles for a bat is not an insurmountable barrier. Sequential migration can get 'em there. Zookeepers, bat enthusiasts and hobbyists can get 'em there. 'Wet markets' can get 'em there.
And, of course, that coronavirus lab can be investigated for mis-management, too.

But we cannot allow ourselves to be stampeded into blaming the government of China as mendacious, the government of America, or Dr. Fauci, or some Chinese general.....for causing the outbreak.
Pronounced partisanship blinds folks to looking at the whole picture. And uninformed conclusions ("no f*cking way") by civilians do not expand our knowledge nor are they helpful in creating an atmosphere conducive to measued scientific investigation.

IMHO

Fake news is their norm. No wonder FNC has 10x the viewership.

What were they wrong abut??? Are you talking about the one agency that just said that covid escaped from the lab???? How do they know???

The answer is they don't. They're guessing because nobody has been allowed in to investigate. We are never going to know for sure, how it started. You MIGHT have known if Trump hadn't pulled all of your people out of Wuhan before the pandemic.

This obsession by Republicans to "blame China" for covid is both short sighted and ridiculous. If you could prove definitively that China started the virus on purpose and released it to the world, then what?? What do you think should happen if you can prove China did it on purpose??

And knowing or not knowing changes nothing. If you trusted China before covid, you're an idiot. Just like if you think Putin is a great leader, you're an idiot.

What were they wrong about??? Are you talking about the one agency that just said that covid escaped from the lab???? How do they know???

The answer is they don't. They're guessing because nobody has been allowed in to investigate. We are never going to know for sure, how it started. You MIGHT have known if Trump hadn't pulled all of your people out of Wuhan before the pandemic.

This obsession by Republicans to "blame China" for covid is both short sighted and ridiculous. If you could prove definitively that China started the virus on purpose and released it to the world, then what?? What do you think should happen if you can prove China did it on purpose??

And knowing or not knowing changes nothing. If you trusted China before covid, you're an idiot. Just like if you think Putin is a great leader, you're an idiot.
1. The Wuhan Lab was run by a Chinese general. No investigations allowed.
2. Removing US staff from China had no effect on any "investigation" dumbass. Removing them probably saved their lives.
3. I don't need to prove China released the virus on purpose. That Covid escaped the Wuhan Lab and caused an inadvertent pandemic is proof enough.
4. Fau-Chi illegally funded the GOF research AFTER Obama told him NOT to do the research. Fau-Chi hired EcoHealth to hire the Wuhan Lab.

You didn't refute ANY of my 4-factoids in post=5

I'm not seeing any proof from the virologists at the DOE, just another opinion....... as tensions with CHY-NAH heats up.

I'm not seeing any proof from the virologists at the DOE, just another opinion....... as tensions with CHY-NAH heats up.
Did you see my 4-factoids in post-5?
There is this thing called...

Add to that the fact that there is no other viable option.

China can slap leather any fucking time they want.
Note: I'm not blaming China for the pandemic, I'm blaming Fau-Chi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, but then there is Ebola. "The only animals found to harbor the Ebola virus were bats, specifically, three species of fruit bat: The hammer-headed bat, Franquet's epauletted fruit bat, and the little collared fruit bat."

And then that influenza-thingy:

• "The 1918 influenza pandemic swept the world within months, killing an estimated 50 million people — more than any other illness in recorded history for the short time frame involved. The H1N1 influenza virus that infected more than one-third of the globe had an avian origin."
  • Or, (H1N1)pdm09 ....."That virus appears to have originated in pig herds, with a so-called reassortment of influenza viruses — when the viruses swap genetic information.
  • Or, bubonic plague ---"It is carried by rodents and even cats, and hops to humans through bites from infected fleas (often rat fleas). The disease becomes most deadly to us when transmitted between people,
  • Or, HIV/Aids ---- "HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, has been traced to a type of chimpanzee in Central Africa, according to the CDC. The chimp version of this disease (simian immunodeficiency virus, or SIV) was likely passed to humans when they hunted these animals for meat, getting exposed to their infected blood.
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------
    The list can go on, poster kyzr. Humans CAN be and have been sickened by virus/bacteria/bad juju that originates in other species. We have known that for a very long time. So that portal of transmission must be thoroughly investigated.
    (by the way, 900 miles for a bat is not an insurmountable barrier. Sequential migration can get 'em there. Zookeepers, bat enthusiasts and hobbyists can get 'em there. 'Wet markets' can get 'em there.
And, of course, that coronavirus lab can be investigated for mis-management, too.

But we cannot allow ourselves to be stampeded into blaming the government of China as mendacious, the government of America, or Dr. Fauci, or some Chinese general.....for causing the outbreak.
Pronounced partisanship blinds folks to looking at the whole picture. And uninformed conclusions ("no f*cking way") by civilians do not expand our knowledge nor are they helpful in creating an atmosphere conducive to measued scientific investigation.

IMHO

What about the Zika virus?

Forum List

Back