Ron DeSantis to CBS: “You ain’t running over this governor, I’m punching back!”

"why to you think they had to reinvent the wheel"?

Oh, that's easy, poster Nostra (and no, I'm not trying to belittle your contribution), it's like this: Walgreens and CVS were already receiving/storing/distributing/and injecting the vaccines weeks if not a month or more before this Publix contract was given by DiSantis.
Their staff was now experienced.....their plane, so to speak, was up in the air and delivering the goods.
Whereas Publix had to build the plane while it was in the air.
So you are against expanding the distribution channels of the vaccine.

Got it.

"I'll retract my statement if you can show me a post on this forum wherein you criticized Democratic corruption."

Oh no, poster K9, I wouldn't expect your avatar to retract.
Because, well, ....well because I view my contributions here as not restricted to being skeptical of Democrats nor Republicans. Or anybody else.
In truth, my avatar tries to be an equal opportunity skeptic. Inclusive, you might say.

It's just that, of late, the Republican statements-actions-Tweets-personalities have been the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.
Not my choice. I just take the easy route.
A tad lazy, I know. But then, I'm old.
;)

Publix has been administering flu shots for DECADES. How is this any different?

Oh, that's easy, poster K9 (and no, I'm not trying to belittle your contribution), it's like this: Walgreens and CVS were already receiving/storing/distributing/and injecting the COVID vaccines weeks if not a month or more before this Publix contract was given by DiSantis.
Their staff was now experienced.....their plane, so to speak, was up in the air and delivering the goods.

So you are against expanding the distribution channels of the vaccine.

The vaccine distribution in Florida doesn't serve the interests of the party and so, naturally, he opposes it. See my signature.

"I'll retract my statement if you can show me a post on this forum wherein you criticized Democratic corruption."

Oh no, poster K9, I wouldn't expect your avatar to retract.
Because, well, ....well because I view my contributions here as not restricted to being skeptical of Democrats nor Republicans. Or anybody else.
In truth, my avatar tries to be an equal opportunity skeptic. Inclusive, you might say.

It's just that, of late, the Republican statements-actions-Tweets-personalities have been the lowest hanging fruit on the tree.
Not my choice. I just take the easy route.
A tad lazy, I know. But then, I'm old.
;)

I'm a registered independent. I criticize malfeasance wherever and whenever I see it. Leftists aren't like that, sadly.

".... you are against expanding the distribution channels.... Got it."

Umm, no.....it doesn't appear you did.

My avatar is all for flooding the US....and then the world .....with COVID vaccines.
But too, my avatar is alert to the elites, the affluent, the politically connected, and the mendacious.....elbowing regular taxpayers out of the way ---after taxes had paid for the vaccine.

I regret if my earlier posts weren't clear enough on that critical point.

ag
"why to you think they had to reinvent the wheel"?

Oh, that's easy, poster Nostra (and no, I'm not trying to belittle your contribution), it's like this: Walgreens and CVS were already receiving/storing/distributing/and injecting the vaccines weeks if not a month or more before this Publix contract was given by DiSantis.
again for the slow and stupid Desantis covered that when he stated they were still busy with the prior contract and would be added to this one when done with that.

The vaccine distribution in Florida doesn't serve the interests of the party.....

Ah, poster K9, it seems you have missed the point of the legitimate skepticism cast towards DiSantis, the Manatee County Commissioner who lives in Lakewood Ranch, and the Pop-Up sites in affluent Republican strongholds.

You seemingly have missed that that skepticism has been reported long before the 60-Minutes piece. It seems, poster K9, there may really be a there there......in this pay-to-play allegation.

Oh great, another complete whack-job.

Make that a corrupt, incompetent whack job. The Republicans are breeding them.
Yeah.
Incompetant.
Studied at Yale. Served in the Navy Seals. Fought in Fallujah. Governer of one of the biggest States. Handled the China virus like a boss. Made Florida one of the most desirable destinations for people fleeing Democrat shitholes.
Put up your achievements.

The vaccine distribution in Florida doesn't serve the interests of the party.....

Ah, poster K9, it seems you have missed the point of the legitimate skepticism cast towards DiSantis, the Manatee County Commissioner who lives in Lakewood Ranch, and the Pop-Up sites in affluent Republican strongholds.

You seemingly have missed that that skepticism has been reported long before the 60-Minutes piece. It seems, poster K9, there may really be a there there......in this pay-to-play allegation.
You are either ignorant or a liar. Desantis addressed the other 2 pharmacies if you had bothered to watch something other then the lying 60 minutes hit piece. And I repeated what he said just above. I notice you are not responding to that.

".... you are against expanding the distribution channels.... Got it."

Umm, no.....it doesn't appear you did.

My avatar is all for flooding the US....and then the world .....with COVID vaccines.
But too, my avatar is alert to the elites, the affluent, the politically connected, and the mendacious.....elbowing regular taxpayers out of the way ---after taxes had paid for the vaccine.

I regret if my earlier posts weren't clear enough on that critical point.
You are contradicting yourself. You claim to be for expanding the dist channels, yet are spending this thread pissing your depends because Desantis did just that.

You are contradicting yourself. You claim to be for expanding the dist channels, yet are spending this thread pissing your depends because Desantis did just that.

It's due to his loyalty to the party. He doesn't care about average citizens, only the party.

, I don't recall limiting my remarks to just FL politicians or public officials. BTW the AOC bitch was in DC when she got her vaccinations.
Well, that is regrettable that you didn't realize the thread and pertinent posts were about Florida politicians who may or may not try to jump the vaccine line. It is regrettable the title of the OP wasn't clear enough about the thread being Florida centric, what with Governor DiSantis' name prominently displayed.

Also, of note: Washington DC and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are and were, what?.....900'sh miles from Florida.

Tip: Get a good map of the U.S. They are usually pretty clear on where the states lie in relation to each other.
Good luck.:thup:

The only one lying in the CBS story was DeSCAMtis, but you knew that already.
I ain't quite ready to sign on to the accusation that DiSantis lied about his conversation with the Manatee Health Department. But could be persuaded with more information. Certainly, there is a conflict between what he said at the podium --- that he had spoken to the head of the department, and her response that he never spoke with her. Lie? Fib? a Boo boo?

The reality is that DiSantis cut out the County Health Dpt. and did the Lakewood Ranch Pop-Up Clinic as a 'work around' the county.

"...... what CVS and Walgreens was already doing in FL.

Ummm, that is a bit disingenuous from DiSantis.
The Publix contract (which DiSantis refuses to offer to this day).....was a contract for ALL residents of Florida, age stratified. It was the big enchilada for remuneration.

On the other hand, I know CVS was doing nursing home vaccinations earlier than when the Publix deal was let. CVS's staff travelled to nursing homes. I know that because I walked over to the local one and asked the pharmacist if he'd give us our first shot. He said "No"......only nursing home residents were allowed to be vaccinated from the allotment CVS got. I suppose Walgreen had a similar deal.
What is important about that is CVS + Walgreens have more locations in Florida than Publix, and had a staff that was already implementing a vaccine program, plus they employed bigger trained staffs of pharmacists and technicians than grocery store chain, Publix.

Yet, it was Publix who got the big enchilada.

So, Publix Corp. and a prominent and vocal Publix heir gave a bunch of money to DiSantis and the the GOP.....and they got a humongous contract to vaccinate Floridians. Count me skeptical that there was not an element of pay-to play in the calculations.

And then, there is the even more controversial decision to initiate these pop-up clinics....independent of the Publix contract ......but only in very affluent and very Republican communities.

THAT was favor-peddling, IMHO.

Poor little commie, the thread is about one specific FL politician, the governor. And the State isn't paying the pharmacies anything to give the vaccines.

“There was never a deal. There was never a contract with Publix,” DeSantis added. “It’s like sending vaccine to hospitals. You send it to Jackson – they get it, they distribute it. They can charge Medicare or whatever, but the state wasn’t giving Jackson or Publix any money.”

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/s...rt-on-publix-vaccine-distribution-in-florida/

So the pay to play narrative is pure commie bullshit.

, I don't recall limiting my remarks to just FL politicians or public officials. BTW the AOC bitch was in DC when she got her vaccinations.
Well, that is regrettable that you didn't realize the thread and pertinent posts were about Florida politicians who may or may not try to jump the vaccine line. It is regrettable the title of the OP wasn't clear enough about the thread being Florida centric, what with Governor DiSantis' name prominently displayed.

Also, of note: Washington DC and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are and were, what?.....900'sh miles from Florida.

Tip: Get a good map of the U.S. They are usually pretty clear on where the states lie in relation to each other.
Good luck.:thup:

The only one lying in the CBS story was DeSCAMtis, but you knew that already.
I ain't quite ready to sign on to the accusation that DiSantis lied about his conversation with the Manatee Health Department. But could be persuaded with more information. Certainly, there is a conflict between what he said at the podium --- that he had spoken to the head of the department, and her response that he never spoke with her. Lie? Fib? a Boo boo?

The reality is that DiSantis cut out the County Health Dpt. and did the Lakewood Ranch Pop-Up Clinic as a 'work around' the county.

"...... what CVS and Walgreens was already doing in FL.

Ummm, that is a bit disingenuous from DiSantis.
The Publix contract (which DiSantis refuses to offer to this day).....was a contract for ALL residents of Florida, age stratified. It was the big enchilada for remuneration.

On the other hand, I know CVS was doing nursing home vaccinations earlier than when the Publix deal was let. CVS's staff travelled to nursing homes. I know that because I walked over to the local one and asked the pharmacist if he'd give us our first shot. He said "No"......only nursing home residents were allowed to be vaccinated from the allotment CVS got. I suppose Walgreen had a similar deal.
What is important about that is CVS + Walgreens have more locations in Florida than Publix, and had a staff that was already implementing a vaccine program, plus they employed bigger trained staffs of pharmacists and technicians than grocery store chain, Publix.

Yet, it was Publix who got the big enchilada.

So, Publix Corp. and a prominent and vocal Publix heir gave a bunch of money to DiSantis and the the GOP.....and they got a humongous contract to vaccinate Floridians. Count me skeptical that there was not an element of pay-to play in the calculations.

And then, there is the even more controversial decision to initiate these pop-up clinics....independent of the Publix contract ......but only in very affluent and very Republican communities.

THAT was favor-peddling, IMHO.

It appears you have ignored what the Democrats said about it, already posted the letter in support of the Governor several times, here it is for your reading pleasure:

Post 188

=====

Other democrats supported the Governor such as:

"It’s so bad, in fact, that Florida Democrat Jared Moskowitz felt compelled to come to DeSantis’ defense. The former state representative and now director of the state’s emergency management agency blasted CBS for the hit job:"

===

and from his twitter.

"Jared MASKowitz on Twitter: "@60Minutes I said this before and I’ll say it again. @Publix was recommended by @FLSERT and @HealthyFla as the other pharmacies were not ready to start. Period! Full Stop! No one from the Governors office suggested Publix. It’s just absolute malarkey." / Twitter"

Oh great, another complete whack-job.

What specifically do you disagree with him about and what would you have done if you were governor?

What Trudeau did in Canada.
Trudeau? Canada? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
What a truly stupid fucking notion.

Hey, Florida has three times the death rate of Canada, and more than 4 times the rate of illness. Our economy hasn't collapsed. Sadly, the Conservative Provinces are having difficulties rolling out the vaccines. Too much of it is sitting in fridges, especially in Ontario. But then Doug Ford, brother to the late Rob Ford, former idiot mayor of Toronto, is the dumbest Premier in Canada. He's fucked up everything that wasn't carefully written down in the Pandemic Playbook the previous Liberal government left behind.
Dragon, you have been corrected before about the canada death rate verses Florida. Stop your dam lying.
Canada has a 2.3% mortality rate, Florida is 1.6%
Again, those are phony rates because they MORONICALLY assume not one CURRENT active case WILL DIE. A known impossibility, even by YOU!
And as usual, for a Dimmer, I have to explain that a person is either alive or they are dead....not an altered zombie state like you...and the mortality rate changes the moment one of those two conditions also changes. Hence it is a purely accurate metric and not the manufactured babble you produce. Besides, its been over a year now and the red states are still very good, and the blue states are still very bad. Statistics don't lie libber.
No they are either alive or dead OR infected without an outcome yet, so because it STUPIDLY assumes not one person currently infected will die, it is totally useless, unless you want to be deliberately deceptive.
It has NEVER been an accurate metric, which is why you LYING NAZIS use it exclusively.
And an infected person is.....come on you can get this right....still breathing so they are......ALIVE!!!
But will every one of them stay alive. NO! So it us a useless metric.
Will everyone in your “per capital” number stay alive? Nope.

Death rate is defined as the percentage of those infected who have died. Lumping in everyone in a state is meaningless, Dumbass.
Per "capital" is YOUR spelling, not mine. Did you cite Tramp for calling natural gas "NATIONAL" gas???? Of course not you HYPOCRITE!
Auto correct, Dumbass. Is that all ya got?
Auto correct would NEVER change natural to national, LIAR.
Good thing neither of those words are involved, Dumbass. :cuckoo:
“President Trump boldly unleashed American energy, and our Nation soon became the world's number one producer of oil and national gas in the world.”
From Tramp's www.45office.com
And like everything Tramp posts, it is a LIE.
Under Obama we became the #1 producer of Oil and "national" gas in 2013.

Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

You were grossly misleading.
And how exactly does that make Tramp NOT a LIAR for saying that America became the #1 producer of oil products under his reign of terror????
Talk about grossly misleading, HYPOCRITE!!!!!

You are full of evasive baloney since the discussion was about something else that occurred during Obamas years, which I schooled you on.

You deflection didn't fool me.
No you were caught supporting Tramp's lie that what actually occurred under Obama's tern Tramp claimed credit for. It doesn't matter whether Obama supported it, it STILL happened BEFORE Tramp stole the presidency.

You are scum because I didn't say a fucking word about Trump at all. here is my entire post you are lying about:

POST 166

"Obama actually resisted oil and NG drilling, the main cause was most of the drilling occurred on STATE land, which is why North Dakota grew rapidly.

You were grossly misleading."

=======

Dare YOU to quote me saying anything about Trump in post 166....
You just can't stop yourself from LYING and admit the truth, Trump LIED.
You were defending this Tramp LIE in this very STRING in this very thread.
“President Trump boldly unleashed American energy, and our Nation soon became the world's number one producer of oil and national gas in the world.”
From Tramp's www.45office.com
And like everything Tramp posts, it is a LIE.
Under Obama we became the #1 producer of Oil and "national" gas in 2013.

:auiqs.jpg:

Dare YOU to quote me saying anything about Trump in post 166....
I quoted you DEFENDING Tramp's LIE.

Where is it, you still don't post it, it must really piss you off that you can't quote it.

:rolleyes:
YOU replied to my post exposing Tramp's LIE, defending Tramp's lie by claiming that since Obama didn't support fracking our becoming the #1 oil products producer didn't actually happen in 2013 even though it did happen in 2013 and NOT while Tramp was president.
It must really piss you off that you can't weasel your way out of defending Tramp's LIE!!!!

Forum List

Back